Get behind the team or get out.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Dont give me that teams win games **** then blame 1 player for a loss
I've said it a couple of times already but I'll say it one more time: Melo isn't to blame solely for this sweep, JR's been chucking, Amare's sucked on defense, Woodson's plan seems not to work...

At least Dallas also got swept...

CA7

Scoring Champ
I've said it a couple of times already but I'll say it one more time: Melo isn't to blame solely for this sweep, JR's been chucking, Amare's sucked on defense, Woodson's plan seems not to work...

At least Dallas also got swept...

thanks DZ thats all I was sayin

Wait....hold up! THIS TEAM...as a whole..only played 7 games together?

Add that to a coaching change...a change that happened to improved our team even with nagging injuries....now some of us want to bail on the team because they are losing to arguably the best team in the league (right now)..who are healthy....SMh.

one more year with this same roster you'll see a hugh improvement with Anthony, Amare and the whole team. They need A chance to learn each other before properly criticized.

CA7

Scoring Champ

Add that to a coaching change...a change that happened to improved our team even with nagging injuries....now some of us want to bail on the team because they are losing to arguably the best team in the league (right now)..who are healthy....SMh.

one more year with this same roster you'll see a hugh improvement with Anthony, Amare and the whole team. They need A chance to learn each other before properly criticized.

they dont see it like that though, the Knicks fan base, like the Jets fan base likes to point fingers whenever things dont go right

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

Exactly, this is completely what I was getting at. People accused me of creating this thread to hate on Knicks fans or cause 'i wanted the following'. All i wanted was for people to give the team time to come together. Give them the courtesy of one offseason together with Woodson and come back this time next year and re-evaluate where we are in comparison to the rest of the league.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Exactly, this is completely what I was getting at. People accused me of creating this thread to hate on Knicks fans or cause 'i wanted the following'. All i wanted was for people to give the team time to come together. Give them the courtesy of one offseason together with Woodson and come back this time next year and re-evaluate where we are in comparison to the rest of the league.

you want us to give this team a chance

hell no

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

No one is that much of a douche to bail on the team, are they? I've not seen an instance of that on here. Not even during that 12 game skid, as torturous as it was.

Individuals can be criticized if they are under-performing. They can also be defended. The big issue on this site is people using terms like Melosexual. Childish bull**** that makes the site less.......well......worthy of its namesake.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
you want us to give this team a chance

hell no

3ede.jpg

Weez.just..Mad. patience is often lost in a New York minute. Also some of us have become accustomed to the revolving door. Perhaps that should be the Knicks new logo... A picture of a basketball trapped inside of a spinning door....

Paul1355

All Star
If Baron Davis actually could orchestrate an offense we wouldnt have had so much stagnation

Mike Bibby is better at creating ball movement

Baron Davis has been a huge disappointment.

A full season with a healthy Jeremy Lin as the PG and Baron or someone else as the backup PG and this would be a totally different team.

Lin is a future All-Star. In votes from China & Taiwan AND in talent. He's the real deal. With him manning our point for next however many years, it's going to be different for the Knicks. Mark my words. He just needs to stay healthy and they need to stick with him.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;233838 said:
As with all things, tension and hard times encourage conflicting opinions, finger pointing etc from people. Some of whom make excellent observations, hypothesis, whatever.
, and I say this in the most endearing manner,...

This site would be pretty darn boring if nobody criticized anything about the team.

I disagree about the forum becoming a joke because everyone has the right to express their Opinions, weather they are negative or positive it shouldn't matter
The repeated Threads are becoming annoying though, if we lose to the Heat tomorrow i hope the mods will be on full time duty locking some of the threads up. I can just imagine the kind of crap that will erupt on here.

A breath of fresh air is invigorating. A smell of mephitic odor is not. Is this site becoming Orwellian? WTF is with the thought police?

+1 to all! :)

Last edited:

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
even people with very little basketball knowledge understand that if a player gets doubled or tripled on every possession then an other remains unguaraded. Spoelstra knows that Carmelo is hell of a shooter, moreover, pretty much everyone around this league knows it. But apparently he also knows that Carmelo is such a stubborn player he will continue forcing shots even if he's crowded by black jerseys. Woody created plays that make use of Carmelo's strengths and that is an obvious choice as I said in an other thread, because Anthony is our franchise player and one of the best offensive players on the planet. But what Woodson and Carmelo fail to understand is that when our franchise player tries to find a way to shoot through all those black jerseys surrounding him, Novak, Fields or Davis are simply standing around completely unguarded. Don't get me wrong, if Melo's shots would fall I wouldn't have any problem with him shooting that much. But it seems they don't and it's about time to take advantage of Carmelo being doubled or tripled and find open guys instead of forcing more shots. And by "open guys" I don't necessarily mean JR, who's the dumbest chucker this city has evern seen. And believe me, when Miami realizes Novak made his discount double check once again they'd free Carmelo and guard Steve which again creates more opportunities for Anthony who wouldn't be doubled any longer. But, to sum it all up, if Carmelo can do it all by himself making all those shots - great, but if he can't, move the ****ing ball.

Well said! Thank you!

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
A full season with a healthy Jeremy Lin as the PG and Baron or someone else as the backup PG and this would be a totally different team.

Lin is a future All-Star. In votes from China & Taiwan AND in talent. He's the real deal. With him manning our point for next however many years, it's going to be different for the Knicks. Mark my words. He just needs to stay healthy and they need to stick with him.

I agree with you mostly. He is the real deal. But we don't need votes from China and Taiwan to make him an All-Star. Go take a look at a video clip Crazy 8 made on Youtube. Search "Remembering Linsanity" and you'll find it. Tell me that's not impressive and tell me he needs votes from China and Taiwan. What I'm saying is that if he made all star team again, that will be b/c of his skills and performance, not b/c of votes from other irrelevant places.

metrocard

Legend
I'm giving this team another chance...well because I have no choice :lol:

I'm a Knicks fan for life, and so are you.

Dumbest thread ever, we're all Knick fans..we'll always be behind this team.

Doesn't mean we CAN'T critique performance.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

ha ha! :)

And absolutely right!

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

HAHAHA you already forgotten your 'The Bobcats are a playoff's team' thread?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
HAHAHA you already forgotten your 'The Bobcats are a playoff's team' thread?

That was simply not a dumb thread.

Something went wrong with Bobcats' management and mentality. It can be improved. And the result will be totally different.

This is a discussion board, and I really have seen a lot of excellent observations, analysis here. Even though they might be in the form of criticism, or rage, or thoughtless words. But that's the beauty of a discussion board.

Your thread title suggests such criticism an act of "not behind the team" isn't much of a wise one to me.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
But you certainly have every right to do so. And I enjoyed reading a number of following posts to this thread.

Last edited: