Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: Get behind the team or get out.

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    But you certainly have every right to do so. And I enjoyed reading a number of following posts to this thread.
    Last edited by rogeryy; May 06, 2012 at 04:45. Reason: selection of words

  2. #62
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I personally dont have a problem with criticism, just went it lacks substance

    Its Melo's fault we aint win a game in the playoffs

    Oh really how

    He's our leader

    So he should do it by himself

    He makes 20million dollars, hell yeah
    You don't get it. The problem is not that he should do it on his own. The problem is that he is trying to or the system is geared towards that and he is not able to do it. He his messing up our on-court chemistry (I cannot say anything about off court, but bad off-court chemistry usually ensues) and the only chance we had (all role players hitting on all cylinders) cannot materialise. The only player not affected is JR Smith who has the same kind of limited basketball iq as Melo and Woodson. iso, iso, iso.

  3. #63
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    You don't get it. The problem is not that he should do it on his own. The problem is that he is trying to or the system is geared towards that and he is not able to do it. He his messing up our on-court chemistry (I cannot say anything about off court, but bad off-court chemistry usually ensues) and the only chance we had (all role players hitting on all cylinders) cannot materialise. The only player not affected is JR Smith who has the same kind of limited basketball iq as Melo and Woodson. iso, iso, iso.
    The fact that other guys aren't stepping up isn't his fault, we run plays for Novak they deny him the ball, Amar'e is out so we cant go to him, Tyson is limited, Baron is doing the best he can as is Bibby but they cant take over the game, Landry is doing nothin valuable, Melo is being triple teamed passing out of it but we're not converting, he's being hounded for 15 seconds gets the ball, has to make a decision so he goes up and tries to score cant get to the line because he gets no calls

    Its bigger than Melo is iso'ing its the fact that nothing is going well for us as a team, we can pass the ball around the arc all we want the key to beating the Heat is working inside out, penetration(we lack a PG who can handle their athleticism), post play(they double Melo) and working the ball to the outside shooters(Novak is being denied)

    That right there is the problem, but low basketball iq people wont see that, they'll just blame the best player but hey what do I know thats just my opinion

  4. #64
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    HAHAHA you already forgotten your 'The Bobcats are a playoff's team' thread?
    That thread is an all time classic, why you're so mad?

  5. #65
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    This forum is rapidly becoming the biggest joke, everyone bitching and trolls coming out with clear 'anti melo' and 'anti stat' agenda's. Yes, I understand we are a mess at the moment but the reason i come here is to discuss the team we should all love.

    Consider this before going onto bitch and suggesting more trades.

    1. This team has not had one proper offseason together. Add to this a new coach, shortened season, the fact that the whole starting lineup including Lin only played 7 games together.

    2. We are playing against the best team in the league, period. When the Heat turn it on, they win, it's as simple as that. They have been playing brilliantly, last time i checked 80% of our STARTING lineup wasn't 100% (Lin out, Shump out, Amare out, Chandler sick with flu). So many people bashing Woodson already when he was the saviour only 2 months ago. Novak was in our starting lineup for gods sake, and people bash him because he can't beat a completely healthy Heat. Add to this that B-Diddy or Jeffries aren't 100%.

    3. Everyone is so quick to beat up on Melo when he was beasting the league barely a week ago. Before you bring up the 'he is a first round exit rubbish', look at the teams he played. Each time he was knocked out in the first round he played the team that went on to win the finals or rep the west. He is getting doubled by the Heat every time he touches the ball and no one is helping him.

    Do I believe Stat and Melo are on overpaid contracts, undoubtedly. But people need to take things into perspective and give this team time. I repeat we had 7, yes seven games together as a fully healthy team and went 6-1. So give this team a full offseason together with minor adjustments under Woodson and we are realistically a 50-55 win team good for the 3rd seed in the East.

    Yes it does start by our stars becoming more accountable. I find it humiliating when Stat comes out and says things like 'Im going hunting for Lebron this season', and doesn't back it up. Our stars need to prove they are keen this offseason. Personally i'd love for Melo to hit the weights and lower his bodyfat % and improve his overall conditioning in the offseason. STAT needs to stop going to fashion shows and work on some post moves and his defence.

    Sorry it probably sounds like im on my period but if i wanted to put up with Knick hating trolls i'd go to insidehoops or some other rubbish site. So if your not behind this team, get out cause we don't ****ing need you.

  6. #66
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    The fact that other guys aren't stepping up isn't his fault, we run plays for Novak they deny him the ball, Amar'e is out so we cant go to him, Tyson is limited, Baron is doing the best he can as is Bibby but they cant take over the game, Landry is doing nothin valuable, Melo is being triple teamed passing out of it but we're not converting, he's being hounded for 15 seconds gets the ball, has to make a decision so he goes up and tries to score cant get to the line because he gets no calls

    Its bigger than Melo is iso'ing its the fact that nothing is going well for us as a team, we can pass the ball around the arc all we want the key to beating the Heat is working inside out, penetration(we lack a PG who can handle their athleticism), post play(they double Melo) and working the ball to the outside shooters(Novak is being denied)

    That right there is the problem, but low basketball iq people wont see that, they'll just blame the best player but hey what do I know thats just my opinion
    Why is all that? Either you triple team Melo or you deny the others the ball. Both at the same time is impossible. The reason why the Heat are able to create that impression is that we have poor floor spacing and that starts with Melo getting the ball in mid range, at the elbow. This way you don't force them to create an obvious weak side on which you get Novak open in the corner or a back door cut opportunity for Fields. Our game is designed for Melo (and JR Smith), therefore the bucket stops with them once things are not working. I can see that this very hurtful if your a fan of a particular player.

  7. #67
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Why is all that? Either you triple team Melo or you deny the others the ball. Both at the same time is impossible. The reason why the Heat are able to create that impression is that we have poor floor spacing and that starts with Melo getting the ball in mid range, at the elbow. This way you don't force them to create an obvious weak side on which you get Novak open in the corner or a back door cut opportunity for Fields. Our game is designed for Melo (and JR Smith), therefore the bucket stops with them once things are not working. I can see that this very hurtful if your a fan of a particular player.
    I think my point was proven, when you move without the ball when Melo is being double he usually makes the right choice, going 1 on 5 with you guys standing around makes it tough to score but when guys move around and make their man play them Melo operates better............thats all I was saying

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    The fact that other guys aren't stepping up isn't his fault, we run plays for Novak they deny him the ball, Amar'e is out so we cant go to him, Tyson is limited, Baron is doing the best he can as is Bibby but they cant take over the game, Landry is doing nothin valuable, Melo is being triple teamed passing out of it but we're not converting, he's being hounded for 15 seconds gets the ball, has to make a decision so he goes up and tries to score cant get to the line because he gets no calls

    Its bigger than Melo is iso'ing its the fact that nothing is going well for us as a team, we can pass the ball around the arc all we want the key to beating the Heat is working inside out, penetration(we lack a PG who can handle their athleticism), post play(they double Melo) and working the ball to the outside shooters(Novak is being denied)

    That right there is the problem, but low basketball iq people wont see that, they'll just blame the best player but hey what do I know thats just my opinion
    Money post and last sentence tells it all. I keep saying i don't post here much because KO.COM will cause your basketball IQ to drop. That hot 41 MELO layed on them today should shut the haters up, but I know it won't. That was a glimpse into the KNICKS bright future people.

  9. #69
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Everyone on the board stands behind the team has for most of have been Knick fans for 20 years.....when they completly sucked we never stopped being fans....but to see a guy like Melo openly admit he quit should everyone be quiet.........When we see a guy like stat not play defense and take himself out of 2 consecutive playoff series should we be quiet, when woodson leaves Novak in and got him one shot should we say nothing........dude we love the Knicks but to sit quiet and fall into the abyss again is too harsh......
    Let's see I am 54 and have been watching the Knicks since I was about 8. Prob even younger cause my dad said he had me in a highchair in front of TVwtching games. But from what I can actually remember we are talking 45 years or so of being a fan. My post count may not reflect it but have been watching these guys for a long long time.

  10. #70
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    And yes I watched live when Willis came out of the tunnel in Game 7. And yes was screaming when the game started and he hit the two shots. Swish. SICK moment in NYK History and to see it Live was something I will never forget?..


    So here you go..........

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by miked1958; May 06, 2012 at 22:16.

  11. #71
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Here you go guys...... I believe! All in!!

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  12. #72
    Member Rioferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    At least we showed some pride out there. Melo finally earned his max contract in ONE game out of the entire series.

  13. #73
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I think my point was proven, when you move without the ball when Melo is being double he usually makes the right choice, going 1 on 5 with you guys standing around makes it tough to score but when guys move around and make their man play them Melo operates better............thats all I was saying
    Did you actually read my post?

Similar Threads

  1. PLAN-B: Joe Johnson, Amar'e, D-Lee !!!
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 27, 2010, 21:01
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2008, 11:35
  3. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  4. LARRY IS AS MUCH TO BLAME AS ISIAH
    By furious lord in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 07:17
  5. Marbury Officially On USA Team
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •