Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: G4: Do or Die (emergency Thread?)

Bibby's the real hero of the game. His 3 lifted up the team and the crowd's energy. Also not turning it over like barron. Melo needs to pass more, it's frustrating when he's such a great passer. Stat made up for his stupid injury in this game.

**** all ya'lls.

Amare plays better with one hand

Originally Posted by Number3
    i was thinking this to myself during the game lol

Veteran

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    i was thinking this to myself during the game lol
    Amare had a great game for him....but with 2 minutes left rather then draw the offsensive he side stepped away from Lebron.......
    Amare will be like Hamilton.....
    Hamilton keeps the mask on and Amare will keep his hand wrapped for the rest of his career.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Thought about this - correct me if I'm wrong (I don't follow much college hoops)...but doesn't Boeheim run the 2-3 zone in Syracuse, which he ran when Melo & Co. won the NCAA Title?

2-3 is obviously a simplistic zone defense, but in theory it should shore up the middle, keep everyone a bit fresher, even if it allows the Heat to take outside jumpers. And Melo at least has been in a defensive system that relied on it.
    I actually assumed this would happen when we signed Tyson. Dallas ran a 2-3 matchup zone last year, not entirely different from what Boeheim does, and Tyson obviously anchored it extremely well.

It would take some time to implement, and everyone has to be more than solid on their responsibilities, but it's worth a shot. There's no time like the present, right? We're at that "why the hell not?" stage.

But Woody is known for that man to man style, with lots of switching, so I dunno if this is something he'd try.

Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL

now without Tyson's D, I dread a lot of LEbron penetrations

Late to the party, was an awesome game but had to leave for soccer game as soon as it ended so just reading through now... had to quote this and say "now you know how Chris Bosh feels!"

I'm not trying to hate or take anything away from Amare's game and I know his hand is messed up but 20 points and 10 boards should be an average game for a player of his caliber. In the playoffs he should be doing even a little more. A stat line like 28 and 14 would be considered a great game for him in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I actually assumed this would happen when we signed Tyson. Dallas ran a 2-3 matchup zone last year, not entirely different from what Boeheim does, and Tyson obviously anchored it extremely well.

It would take some time to implement, and everyone has to be more than solid on their responsibilities, but it's worth a shot. There's no time like the present, right? We're at that "why the hell not?" stage.

But Woody is known for that man to man style, with lots of switching, so I dunno if this is something he'd try.
    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Thought about this - correct me if I'm wrong (I don't follow much college hoops)...but doesn't Boeheim run the 2-3 zone in Syracuse, which he ran when Melo & Co. won the NCAA Title?

2-3 is obviously a simplistic zone defense, but in theory it should shore up the middle, keep everyone a bit fresher, even if it allows the Heat to take outside jumpers. And Melo at least has been in a defensive system that relied on it.
    yes Melo thrived in college off the zone, why because he defended bigger guys which he likes

as far as Woody's man to man, a match up zone helps with all the switching he likes to do, not to mention LeBron and Wade have trouble consistently shooting

a good zone is a great man to man, force everything down and out the middle and keep everyone in front you, it also makes Novak less of a liability and STAT can use his great help defense more, STAT likes to punch shots but hates matching up man to man

if we surprise them with a zone say the 2nd half of game 5, then they'll have to put in Jones and Miller who we can exploit on Defense, if Woody figures this out we might get game 5

Just came back from enjoying the game at the Garden today

GREAT GAME KNICKS!

I had the whole section I was in rolling with my Heat insults lol

Originally Posted by WeReady
    just saw that quiggle got banned why?
    haha.

because he doesn't have a penis or a vagina but just a flat piece of skin.

thank you ban-ner!

so true and speaking of his hands, the dudes hands are gigantic, I dont know how he cant catch a ball sometimes or make wide open shots when it is like playing with a pee wee ball with hands that big

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Amare and Melo owed us this and many more games like this.

Lets do it again.

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    I'm not trying to hate or take anything away from Amare's game and I know his hand is messed up but 20 points and 10 boards should be an average game for a player of his caliber. In the playoffs he should be doing even a little more. A stat line like 28 and 14 would be considered a great game for him in the playoffs.
    With our frontcourt overloaded with talent it's impossible for Amare to go 28/14. Looking at the best PFs around who reached the playoffs, 1st round averages:

Bosh: 14.0/7.3
    Griffin: 18.7/6.7
    Garnett: 17.0/10.5
    Boozer: 14.8/8.3
    Ibaka: 11.0/6.8
    Gasol: 13.8/8.5
    ---------------------
    STAT: 15.7/7.3

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Amare and Melo owed us this and many more games like this.

Lets do it again.

Right on.

Damn right they do.

They both showed heart that seemingly hasn't been there for a long time.

Without trying to be the party pooper in here, I have to say that although yesterday's game was exciting, it is still a good example of what is wrong with our team. We barely won against a Miami Heat team which was underachieving while our two superstars had uber-performances (taking into consideration stat's hand). We had glimpses of ball movement, but overall our offense was stagnant and overly iso heavy again. Fields started out well but rotted on the bench until he had gone completely cold. I am as happy as the next man about this playoff W, however it was too close a shave considering the amount of things that right.
    Last edited by pat; May 07, 2012 at 10:20.