G4: Do or Die (emergency Thread?)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hope all the on site Melo haters got an eye full of them 41 hot ones dropped today. Melo shot himself hot like I was trying to tell you bout Haterblack25. Crawl back inn the hole you came out of. If STAT was available Thurs. night this might be a different series. Woodson drew up some nice outta bounds plays and out-coached garbage Spo. I esp liked the 3-stagger screen and Melo dropping the dime to STAT. Credit to STAT for coming out hard and contributing after doing the dummy. Our KNICKS live to die another day and glad I was reppin last nite at the fight with the Melo swingman blinging down to the New York 70's Cool Clydes. Bulls fans aint gonna have crap to say to me tomorrow at work. Tried to tell them Deng and Boozer are garbage. How about instead of trying to look smart bitchin, somebody put up a nice game thread for Wed. nite. Pitiful on KO.COM nobody bothered to put a game thread for a Sunday primetime national matchup with the Heat. At least JVG was doing the game. I will post a pre-game thread as I work all day Wednesday. But lets support this team. We saw history today first playoff win for the KNICKS in over a decade with many more to come!!!!

Sage

Rotation player
I had to go for a drive but was watching/listening to the game in the car, great win by the Knicks.

All Melo had to do was carry the team and score nearly half their points. As much **** as I gave STAT recently, he played very well and actually fed off Melo quite a bit. I'll never forget that triple screen and roll, that was an excellent play.

Really happy for the win!

‎21/04/01 - 06/05/12 Farewell Knicks playoff losing streak.

KBlack25

Starter
With us losing some many bodies, Woody needs to put in a zone so we dont wear ourselves out

Thought about this - correct me if I'm wrong (I don't follow much college hoops)...but doesn't Boeheim run the 2-3 zone in Syracuse, which he ran when Melo & Co. won the NCAA Title?

2-3 is obviously a simplistic zone defense, but in theory it should shore up the middle, keep everyone a bit fresher, even if it allows the Heat to take outside jumpers. And Melo at least has been in a defensive system that relied on it.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
My god we just won our first playoff in what it feels like FOREVER and we're bitching about whether Melo haters should eat crow!?

CAN WE SINK ANY LOWER AS A FAN BASE PEOPLE?

Melo dropped 41 great. Melosexuals rejoice.
Melo went 15-29. Melo haters rejoice.

WE WON, CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?

KBlack25

Starter
My god we just won our first playoff in what it feels like FOREVER and we're bitching about whether Melo haters should eat crow!?

LOL nah, some people (jimkcchief) need to come out and attack others (me)...even though I am well documented in this thread giving him props for how he played today.

Melo had a great game. It's one game, and if he does it consistently the rest of the playoffs and next year, I will happily eat crow.

skisloper

Starter
We are all thrilled we won one game......,
Yes Melo had a great game ...although f we lost the NY POST would have had him missing clutch free throws as the back cover........
And Stat played with intensity.....WTF lets get that every game...

Here we are again.........When our player play with total intensity we compete and when we dont we wither and die..........Thsi should be a wake up call to Melo and Stat to just give a 100% no matter what the situation and who knows what can happen.....

Coach, Melo/Stat able to co-exist ?

after a game like this just play hard fought basketball and with pur talent we should come out on top....

LOVE Jorts....Rookie in a huge game playing like he belongs....

Dont know about anyone else but Jr Smith you can love hate love hate again all within 2 possessions.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer

That long losing streak had everybody stressed out! Not easy to to be a Knicks Fan. Whew.........what a relief!

BTW a late happy birthday!

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Bibby's the real hero of the game. His 3 lifted up the team and the crowd's energy. Also not turning it over like barron. Melo needs to pass more, it's frustrating when he's such a great passer. Stat made up for his stupid injury in this game.

**** all ya'lls.

skisloper

Starter
i was thinking this to myself during the game lol :agreed:

Amare had a great game for him....but with 2 minutes left rather then draw the offsensive he side stepped away from Lebron.......
Amare will be like Hamilton.....
Hamilton keeps the mask on and Amare will keep his hand wrapped for the rest of his career.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Thought about this - correct me if I'm wrong (I don't follow much college hoops)...but doesn't Boeheim run the 2-3 zone in Syracuse, which he ran when Melo & Co. won the NCAA Title?

2-3 is obviously a simplistic zone defense, but in theory it should shore up the middle, keep everyone a bit fresher, even if it allows the Heat to take outside jumpers. And Melo at least has been in a defensive system that relied on it.

I actually assumed this would happen when we signed Tyson. Dallas ran a 2-3 matchup zone last year, not entirely different from what Boeheim does, and Tyson obviously anchored it extremely well.

It would take some time to implement, and everyone has to be more than solid on their responsibilities, but it's worth a shot. There's no time like the present, right? We're at that "why the hell not?" stage.

But Woody is known for that man to man style, with lots of switching, so I dunno if this is something he'd try.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Amare plays better with one hand

I'm not trying to hate or take anything away from Amare's game and I know his hand is messed up but 20 points and 10 boards should be an average game for a player of his caliber. In the playoffs he should be doing even a little more. A stat line like 28 and 14 would be considered a great game for him in the playoffs.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I actually assumed this would happen when we signed Tyson. Dallas ran a 2-3 matchup zone last year, not entirely different from what Boeheim does, and Tyson obviously anchored it extremely well.

It would take some time to implement, and everyone has to be more than solid on their responsibilities, but it's worth a shot. There's no time like the present, right? We're at that "why the hell not?" stage.

But Woody is known for that man to man style, with lots of switching, so I dunno if this is something he'd try.

yes Melo thrived in college off the zone, why because he defended bigger guys which he likes

as far as Woody's man to man, a match up zone helps with all the switching he likes to do, not to mention LeBron and Wade have trouble consistently shooting

a good zone is a great man to man, force everything down and out the middle and keep everyone in front you, it also makes Novak less of a liability and STAT can use his great help defense more, STAT likes to punch shots but hates matching up man to man

if we surprise them with a zone say the 2nd half of game 5, then they'll have to put in Jones and Miller who we can exploit on Defense, if Woody figures this out we might get game 5

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
Just came back from enjoying the game at the Garden today

GREAT GAME KNICKS!

I had the whole section I was in rolling with my Heat insults lol