The Madison Square Garden Floor and Non-Contact Injuries............

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
I'm starting to wonder if the floor at Madison Square Garden might be exceptionally hard on players' legs...... I've never seen so many players go down without apparent contact........

Conversely, I never see this happen to the Lakers....... Maybe the Staples Center floor is forgiving to players' legs..........

I realize this is a far-fetched assumption, but there has to be some explanation behind the Knicks' never-ending injuries........... Maybe the Knicks front office should investigate this.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I blame the shortened season and the many games teams had to play

I don't think it's the floor because look how many players went down this season its crazy

Rose just tore his ACL on a non contact play to put him out

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I'm starting to wonder if the floor at Madison Square Garden might be exceptionally hard on players' legs...... I've never seen so many players go down without apparent contact........

Conversely, I never see this happen to the Lakers....... Maybe the Staples Center floor is forgiving to players' legs..........

I realize this is a far-fetched assumption, but there has to be some explanation behind the Knicks' never-ending injuries........... Maybe the Knicks front office should investigate this.

You do realize it was Baron Davis who got injured right? He had knee trouble throughout his career and tore his acl in college. If you land the way he did on any floor that will happen. The floor plays no role here. If you look at the shumpert play that was him over hyper extending his knee and tearing his ligaments.

This is far from baseball where turf and grass have major differences.

You might be on to something. The hardwood is placed over Ice..the Rangers play there too. That wood has to be stiffer than the average wooden floor.

Still gotta be a factor. Especially when its not really suppose to be placed over ice. That along with a hectic season without proper conditioning is asking for it...wear and tear. Those places you name has also had their history of leg injuries.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Still gotta be a factor. Especially when its not really suppose to be placed over ice. That along with a hectic season without proper conditioning is asking for it...wear and tear. Those places you name has also had their history of leg injuries.

like this

Boston-Celtics-Paul-Pierce-6080583.jpg

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Ice, no ice. It's the same to me.

It's just how it goes, sometimes you get injuries.

I think part of being a successful player is playing smart and avoiding injuries. You have to control yourself. B-Diddy was doing all sorts of crazy things and fancy dishes. If he played it safe he would still be in the games now.

Benchwarmer
You would think they'd have specially designed
knee/elbow pads and helmets to protect both
pro and non-professional basketball players.

Benchwarmer
Something like this. (The skates for better offense.) :mrgreen:
*Just teasing! I do take your post and your reasoning
seriously.

050312_sportsglider-495x271.jpg