Answer to our ever present PG problem?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Well Dragic for sure but why not Nash or Miller? I can definitely see them taking a paycut considering where they are in their respective careers

the only way nash would take that much of a paycut would be if he's going to miami. not the knicks.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
why the hate on jared? he's been hurt lately and sometimes he'll blow my mind by attempting a J, but he's our best defensive and rebounding F/C besides Chandler. And he's one of the best in the league at drawing charges. Even games where he doesn't play or is limited, Harrellson has shown he can play and even Melo could play occasional power forward. let jared come back cheap.

even before this injury to baron, i felt he was done. cant even run up the court and he's a point guard. that gives defenses plenty of time to lock up our players defensively. he's old, slow, and he was already hurt before this injury. i say he definitely walks, possibly Bibby too and we get another backup PG (with shump being a question mark and also the fact that he's a combo guard, not strictly a point guard.)

JR can play occasional PG and i wouldnt mind having him back. i dont think we'll keep JR and Fields though considering shumpert will be back early next season

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I'll probably have a clear bias cause i'm also Australian, but i really reckon we go get Patty Mills if he doesn't resign with he Spurs.

I've watched a few of his games and he could be a steal as a backup PG for the contract we could get him on. I realistically think we could get him on a 1.5-2.5/season deal.

Mills can competently run the pick and roll and shoots very well, he has had a few 20 point games with the Spurs and had a 34 point game when he started in place of a rested Parker. He is lightning quick and could stay with some of the faster guards, for the price he could be a very attractive option.

Kiyaman

Legend
Id take Aaron Brooks out of that list. He seems to be one of the best deals. He would be nice to come off the bench and produce indepentently if needed.

Aaron Brooks shouldve been on the Knicks radar throughout the Lockout, when players return from China, a deal with Phoenix for Brooks shouldve been establish before signing JR Smith. Brooks style co-exist with Melo.

Ish Smith speed & passin-skills match perfectly with what Stat need to score the majority of his points down low.

I havnt gave up on Toney Douglas, his pressure-defense off the bench is to valuable....a team with a high scoring SG (Miami/Lakers/OKC) would be blessed with a 20 mpg Toney Douglas off the bench averaging 0.5 turnovers.
Melo's personal dislike for Toney Douglas has put division in the Knicks lockerroom in the 2010-11 playoffs. Plus its the main reason why a interim coach Woodson is not goin to upset Melo by putting TD in the rotation. Bibby skills has diminished lower than any PG in the D.League.

Toney Douglas never had any problems passin the ball to Gallo, W.Chandler, R.Williams, Turiaf, and Mozgov when Felton & Stat were on the bench.
In the 2011-12 season Toney Douglas was given the job to get the ball up court to pass directly to Melo, not Fields, not Stat, not Tyson....Melo went out of his way to make it difficult for TD to pass him the ball, everytime TD would get Melo the ball or have to pass to Stat on the peremeter....ISO ISO ISO

nyk_nyk

All Star
Aaron Brooks shouldve been on the Knicks radar throughout the Lockout, when players return from China, a deal with Phoenix for Brooks shouldve been establish before signing JR Smith. Brooks style co-exist with Melo.

Ish Smith speed & passin-skills match perfectly with what Stat need to score the majority of his points down low.

I havnt gave up on Toney Douglas, his pressure-defense off the bench is to valuable....a team with a high scoring SG (Miami/Lakers/OKC) would be blessed with a 20 mpg Toney Douglas off the bench averaging 0.5 turnovers.
Melo's personal dislike for Toney Douglas has put division in the Knicks lockerroom in the 2010-11 playoffs. Plus its the main reason why a interim coach Woodson is not goin to upset Melo by putting TD in the rotation. Bibby skills has diminished lower than any PG in the D.League.

Toney Douglas never had any problems passin the ball to Gallo, W.Chandler, R.Williams, Turiaf, and Mozgov when Felton & Stat were on the bench.
In the 2011-12 season Toney Douglas was given the job to get the ball up court to pass directly to Melo, not Fields, not Stat, not Tyson....Melo went out of his way to make it difficult for TD to pass him the ball, everytime TD would get Melo the ball or have to pass to Stat on the peremeter....ISO ISO ISO

You have way too much faith in Douglas. His defense is overrated and he's been given more than enough changes to show he can run an offense. He's just not that good man. Good enough to be in the NBA but not good enough to make a difference.

Kiyaman

Legend
You have way too much faith in Douglas. His defense is overrated and he's been given more than enough changes to show he can run an offense. He's just not that good man. Good enough to be in the NBA but not good enough to make a difference.

My faith in Toney Douglas is playing a player to his best talents....TD average 1 turnover & 1 steal per game the past 2 seasons....TD ex-Knicks teammates knew TD couldnt create so they created for him by moving without the ball plus 2 to 3 passes before the shot.....all that stop once Melo became a Knicks.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
I thought the knicks should have tried to get Ramon Sessions before the deadline. He's almost everything they need. A PG who can score, explosive and is decent on the defensive end. Andre would be ideal for the Knicks. He's a master at putting the ball to the right players at the right time. He is a defensive liability though. But I still believe Raymond was a really good fit for NY.