Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We can do this!!!

i wish Wade got injured today... when i saw him on the floor those 2 times i was like YESSS!!

Superstar

Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    I BELIEVE. lets all get behind our team
    I Believe!

ALL IN!!!

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    I'm loving the positive energy around here
    Well I figured there were to many gloom and doom threads on here.

I saw a few threads that said if u can't post something positive don't post.. And how we only had our starters together for 7 total games this season....

So I made this thread.. Sure we have a major uphill battle ahead of us. History points out that what we are trying to do being down 3-0 and trying to win 4 in a row to move on is the rarest of rare feats....

But last time I checked you don't have to win all 4 on the same day. Just 1 at a time. And you don't have to win the game all at once, just a quarter at a time. And during those quarters you play them a minute at a time. In those minutes you have a possession and they have one. You have to win those possessions which will win those minutes which will win those quarters which will win those games which will win the Series..

We just have to make every possession count vs this team. Limit the turnovers, take care the ball, make our FTs, limit them to one shot while we need to get 2nd and third Opps.

It can be overwhelming looking at it from a standpoint of having to beat them 4 straight. We need to break it down to the second and make everything we do count kinda like the giants did

If our guys win the next one i'm all in.

Veteran

After seeing the Boston Red Socks come back from 3 down and sweep the Yanks...then eventually going on to win the chip....why not support the Knicks until they are actually done?

No one gave them a shot yesterday...we didn't even have a GT. I have to back them up...especially if they still have faith and leaving it all on the floor like they did in the last game.

Tony douglas is gonna go offf. Our 3 pointers is what terrorizes the heat. And our three game was off all series. We need it back

Superstar

Yep we need Douglas, bibby, JR, Novak, Melo to all be hitting that 3 ball. If we can force the Heat to take 4 or 5 unplanned timeouts we will have them. We have to make them use the timeouts and not be able to hold off for the official TV timeouts

I'll take it one game at a time, but after the team's performance in game 4 I think we bolstered our confidence and our chance at this series blew up 200 fold.

As long as our team doesn't think we win the series on Wednesday we have a shot, we just gotta weather the storm and keep the game close, Miami will lose it in the end anyway, so as long as the pressure is on them we're fine

as the famous quote says

"Can't lose nothing when you got nothing to lose"

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    As long as our team doesn't think we win the series on Wednesday we have a shot, we just gotta weather the storm and keep the game close, Miami will lose it in the end anyway, so as long as the pressure is on them we're fine

as the famous quote says

"Can't lose nothing when you got nothing to lose"
    Agreed.. We have made it easy for them so far in the first 3. Put them under some pressure and they are a different team

I'd love to believe we can maybe sneakily make our way into this series but I just don't see it with all the injuries.. Melo will have to average damn near 50 ppg on 50% shooting and Amare has to chip in averaging 20 and 10 on 50% shooting..

At this point, I just want to tire them out so they don't play as well in the next round. sweeping another team=more rest for the players and more confidence so we've denied them that at least.

Originally Posted by Number3
    i wish Wade got injured today... when i saw him on the floor those 2 times i was like YESSS!!
    smh. And you wonder why your team has 2 players with torn ACLs. Wishing players on the opposing team got injured is not cool bro.

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    Um no.

We will likely lose the next game. This was a game for pride. Other than that we probably were as close to anyone as getting swept.
    Basically...

Honestly, if by some miracle we beat the Heat in the first round, I think the Knicks are just too banged up to go all the way. Too many injuries and not enough guards...