Baron Davis to be fully recovered in 12 months

KingCharles34

All Star
I cant really say get well soon....thats unrealistic

All I can say is i hope this aint the end for him, its tough to see. He just got back his ability to dunk again not too long ago, I think he had worked himself into shape even though he was still playing through minor injuries. He might have been risking his career by playing in this Heat series, he'll forever be a true Knick just because of that

KBlack25

Starter
It was clear he was playing hurt and gave this team and us everything he had. Wish him the best in recovery.

tiger0330

Legend
I said sarcastically when he had his stomach virus that with 4 games left and a playoff series coming up he had time to sprain a knee and his achilles and then he blows out his knee.

Going to take a major rehab and he won't be a Knick because he's only got a one year deal, sounds like Jonathan Bender situation for the Knicks, gave him a look and it's adios BDiddy.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Thats gotta be it for B-Diddy, 12 months means next season is gone which is almost 2 years inactive. He's already 33..

Benchwarmer
Damn.. that's all i can say..

:lol:

I know you're not trying to be cruel, and neither am I
because I don't wish anyone harm. And, he did work
hard for the team. (Though, it's my opinion that the
Knicks wouldn't have beat the Heat if he had continued
playing.)

**AND, I'll be lying if I didn't say your post made me
LMAO!

praying.gif

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Baron I wish you a strong and speedy recovery. I know the future looks down right now but everything happens for a reason and there may be another path for you that you never saw coming.

Get well BDiddy.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Wow. I hope he can come back from this. Truly one of my favorite point guards to watch growing up. This is real sad even though we won game 4. You'll be in my prayers boom dizzle.

iJoe

Rotation player
His career is most likely over. That many injuries to the knee at that age.... He played with a ton of heart though. I loved how he was getting in the Miami players' faces.

What a way to go though! Great play and with the entire MSG chanting his name. He was smiling and pointing at the crowd as he left. Much respect.

Sage

Rotation player
Ugh, poor Baron. I really hope this isn't the end for him, even if he rehabs and comes back for one game ala Charles Barkley. That's not how you want to end a career. :(

I think we should rename this Baron Davis appreciation thread.. I'd be shocked if his career isn't over after this injury. Dude was a warrior. Beast when 100%.. even if it wasnt that often. Gonna miss ya Bdiddy :(

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I hope he gets healthy and comes back. He was ready and fired up for this series. I'd welcome him back anytime in a Knicks uniform.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer

davis was a beast of a pg. he had that mark jackson creativeness.
-penetrate
-score
-flash passing with great vision
-one of the few pg that can block
-steal
-rebound
-amazingly strong that can post and back down on the block
-the clutch touch

he finally gets to a talented deep team and more misfortunate happens.

i wish you well and get well mr. davis.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
damn.. Baron played banged up and fought for our team..

highly unlikely but hopefully he'll wear a Knick uniform once again.

GET WELL SOON.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crying shame!

He had some good moments on this squad.

Even if his career does come to an end under less desired circumstances, he's shone in this league. I'd be more than self-content if I'd accomplished what he has and what he has brought to the game in his own fashion.

p0nder

Starter
Man that was a brutal injury. I can't actually watch it when they showed the slow motion, it just looks so bad.

BDiddy gave us hope this season. He battled through injuries, showed up even when he couldn't play, and brought a lot of his passion for the game to this team. He was a tough SoB for us and I hope that he does return to the court, though it is unlikely. When he was in his prime he was a great player to watch.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO it's time for him to hung up his sneakers, a couple of months ago he said he considered retirement after suffering that back injury and I think he already knows he's done with probasketball. Great athlete, great talent, dude had enough potential to become a HOFer, unfortunately due to all his injuries he barely could play on the highest level. Besides, he seems to be a great guy, it's tough when such a good player suffers such a brutal injury. He deserves an appreciation thread.

Baron Davis <clap, clap, clap> Baron Davis <clap, clap, clap> Baron Davis <clap, clap, clap> :director:

baron-davis-on-kirilenko-o.gif

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Yeah- I definitely thought he had the spirit to win also. A true warrior.

I'm a bit surprised he didn't get off a shot on that injury play even :)