Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baron Davis to be fully recovered in 12 months

Crying shame!

He had some good moments on this squad.

Even if his career does come to an end under less desired circumstances, he's shone in this league. I'd be more than self-content if I'd accomplished what he has and what he has brought to the game in his own fashion.

i'll be happy if he can walk again in 12 months. His playing in the NBA is over though.

Check out this article I really enjoyed: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

His clips from UCLA are fantastic.

Man that was a brutal injury. I can't actually watch it when they showed the slow motion, it just looks so bad.

BDiddy gave us hope this season. He battled through injuries, showed up even when he couldn't play, and brought a lot of his passion for the game to this team. He was a tough SoB for us and I hope that he does return to the court, though it is unlikely. When he was in his prime he was a great player to watch.

IMO it's time for him to hung up his sneakers, a couple of months ago he said he considered retirement after suffering that back injury and I think he already knows he's done with probasketball. Great athlete, great talent, dude had enough potential to become a HOFer, unfortunately due to all his injuries he barely could play on the highest level. Besides, he seems to be a great guy, it's tough when such a good player suffers such a brutal injury. He deserves an appreciation thread.

Baron Davis <clap, clap, clap> Baron Davis <clap, clap, clap> Baron Davis <clap, clap, clap>

Yeah- I definitely thought he had the spirit to win also. A true warrior.

I'm a bit surprised he didn't get off a shot on that injury play even

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Well, not like he was any good, pretty horrible play by him all throughout the season and its obvious a basketball court isn't where he should be at with his state of health.

Veteran

Hopefully he gets his health back. I hate to see such a guy end his carrear this way. If he can get his back and legs working again... I hope he uses them to walk away from the game...at least he'll be intact and still have his dignity.

didn't like davis during the regular season, but appreciated how davis played against the heat. that was a short run with the knicks.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well, not like he was any good, pretty horrible play by him all throughout the season and its obvious a basketball court isn't where he should be at with his state of health.
    So then you're saying his injury is no big deal? It almost seems as if you're implying that it was for the best.

Who are you to say what someone should pursue? No, it wasn't "obvious" because despite his health he still performed at a high level...something you could never do at full health.

This was absolutely tragic. It looked almost worst than the Shaun Livingston injury a few years back. ACL and MCL AND dislocated patella? My god. Hate see ing this happen. He'll miss all of next season too. Get well Baron

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    So then you're saying his injury is no big deal? It almost seems as if you're implying that it was for the best.

Who are you to say what someone should pursue? No, it wasn't "obvious" because despite his health he still performed at a high level...something you could never do at full health.

A broken player like Davis has no business on a basketball court.

Health always comes first.

Let Davis retire.