Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good article on keeping Mike Woodson

I agree with the article and everyone who says keep Woodson.
    I understand the other side. PJax has an impressive record. He has more rings than fingers. He coached 2 of the best basketball players of all time. But to go through a coaching change again in my opinion is ridiculous. The players like playing under Woody. Even melo, whose had problems with coaches in the past. We've had too many changes in the Knicks organization. In my opinion, sometimes the best thing to do is try and stay with who you have. (see San Antonio)

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    I agree with the article and everyone who says keep Woodson.
    I understand the other side. PJax has an impressive record. He has more rings than fingers. He coached 2 of the best basketball players of all time. But to go through a coaching change again in my opinion is ridiculous. The players like playing under Woody. Even melo, whose had problems with coaches in the past. We've had too many changes in the Knicks organization. In my opinion, sometimes the best thing to do is try and stay with who you have. (see San Antonio)
    The players that like playing under Woody has really only been melo and Stat who gave him a full endorsement..........I am not syaing the others dont but we do not know for sure.....Im more concerned with what coach will get the best our of our line-up and win us a championship....In that regards Woodson failed miserably with a very good Atlanta team......I hope he learned from that.......
    I do like that he called melo out on his conditioning and wants him in better shape...i would like him better of he has JR drive to the hoop and get to the foul line a few times in Game 5......

Veteran

One of the things I remember is a picture of Zeke and Dolan going out to Larry Brown's summer house in the Hampton's to beg him to be the HC and give him 10M a year.

I doubt Dolan ever wants to go groveling at PJ's place in Montana to give him 60M after the LB experience coaching in NY. All he has to do to sign Woody is have him come up to the Penn Plz offices and have him sign on the dotted line.

I think Woodson earned a 4 year contract. I think the knicks should definitely keep him. The results speak for itself. They've improved defensively in a lot of categories. It'll be stupid if they don't