Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen A. and Skip Bayless: Alterior Motive Behind Lin Not Returning

Who freaking cares about what Stephen A and Bayless say?

They simply have nothing else to talk about....Bringing up the name JERMEY LIN alone probably sucks them in alot of listeners

Veteran

JLin is out because of an surgically repaired knee. To think there is something else is rediculous. That notion will only spark controversy...which is something all jounalist need to stay in the headlines. I just wish it wasn't so obviously blatant.

So he had the "same surgery," did he?

I suppose he had the same injury? I mean, no two people have the same finger prints, you think two people can have the same knee injury?

Different injury = different surgery = different recovery

Hate to play devil's advocate here, but the points they bring up are valid. I'm one of Lin's biggest fans, but even their points raise my eyebrows.

This is coming from someone who had the same injury in my senior year of high school and was better in about 4 weeks, running after 2.

Veteran

^ no offense...but Lin isn't recovering to play some high-school ball....when he plays, he needs to be able to play -- and at a high level -- against the NBA's elite in a playoff-intensity game.

He's not going to go back and play and be in a Chandler Game 1 situation,

nor have any lingering questions about re-injury in a game where maybe the NBA's most tenacious D is going to absolute swarm him.

Lin takes a lot of abuse in general with his game, and all season the refs gave him very little protection.

edit -- it's also preposterous to think that even an atrocious game in the playoffs would sink him from getting a MLE-type deal. 1 game? against MIA? Hah...

(if anything, finance would motivate Lin to play if he isn't truly ready. a good game played by him, let alone a winning game to set up potentially more, carries a much greater positive than the downside -- financially -- of him playing and sucking)

Stephen a. smith and skip are idiots. They remind me of tea party conservatives, their philosophy to debating is whoever can scream the loudest is the one who wins the debate (esp smith).

This guy is on the Knicks payroll making six figures right now. He was basically a steal for the Knicks because they were able to get that much game out of someone from the D-league with minimal affect on their salary cap. He's going to be a restricted free agent this summer. What if he re-injures himself in the playoffs? Melo, stat, etc. can afford to get hurt bc at the end of the day, they have huge guaranteed contracts and they can afford to sit out for half a season. If Lin gets hurt, all those millions that he can get and deserves in my opinion, go away, and he becomes another one of those players with great potential but falls short due to injury. I personally loved Penny Hardaway growing up and it tore me apart to see how such great potential was destroyed due to injury. I don't want to see the same thing happen to Lin.

No matter what, i don't think he would increase our chances of beating the heat for a 2nd straight game, but I don't think its silly to believe he's staying out for contract reasons. The most he can make is about 5 mil anyway BUT he can reduce his payday by being exposed like he did before against the Heat.

He's never been asked directly by any media whether or not he feels good enough to play tomorrow. The team is keeping him away from the press.

Personally, I don't think he's fully ready to come back but I also can't totally dismiss the 1st Take comments.

Bottom line: Toney Douglas or bust tomorrow... or TD AND bust...or TD is a buster.

Well they make pretty good points even though I can't take much of what Skip says seriously. But if he's hurt still or not 100% then he should just stay out. Ask yourselves would he make that much of a difference to beat Miami in game 5 or the rest of the series? Not really. Knicks should surely keep him on board especially since both Baron and Iman came down with nasty injuries

LMAO that is all

Treatments and drugs

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Initial treatment
    Treatment for a torn meniscus often begins conservatively. Your doctor may recommend:
    • Rest. Avoid activities that aggravate your knee pain, especially any activity that might cause you to twist your knee. You might want to use crutches to take pressure off your knee and promote healing.
    • Ice. Ice can reduce knee pain and swelling. Use a cold pack, a bag of frozen vegetables or a towel filled with ice cubes for about 15 minutes at a time. Do this every four to six hours the first day or two, and then as often as needed.
    • Medication. Over-the-counter pain relievers also can help ease knee pain.
    Therapy
    Physical therapy can help you strengthen the muscles around your knee and in your legs to help stabilize and support the knee joint. Arch supports or other shoe inserts can help to distribute force more evenly around your knee or decrease stress on certain areas of your knee.
    Surgery
    If your knee remains painful, stiff or locked, your doctor may recommend surgery. It's sometimes possible to repair a torn meniscus. In other cases, the meniscus is trimmed. Surgery may be done through an arthroscope.
    During arthroscopic surgery, your doctor inserts an instrument called an arthroscope through a tiny incision near your knee. The arthroscope contains a light and a small camera, which projects an enlarged image of the inside of your knee onto a monitor. Surgical instruments can be inserted through the arthroscope or through additional small incisions in your knee.
    Recovery time following arthroscopic surgery tends to be much faster than it is for open-knee procedures. You can often go home the same day. Full recovery may take weeks or months, however, and you will need to do exercises to optimize knee strength and stability.

*Perhaps Dumb and Dumber, uh, I mean Skip Bayless and Stephen A. ought to go back to medical school! Or, get a life. Seriously, who the heck do they think they are?!
    Last edited by Newbie; May 08, 2012 at 18:34.

Stephen A and Bayles 2 dumb clowns who dont know jack about bball,

Didn't Smith said that Lin is a marginal player? Didn't he ripped him to shreds before? Then why is he asking Lin to return? What can a recovering Lin do to help the team? Or could it be that they want Lin to be the fall guy?

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Well, let me put it like this: The last guy who rushed back into action after meniscus surgery, because the Playoffs were knocking on the door, was Brandon Roy and look where he is now....

I think Lin is smart enough to know when it's relatively safe to go again and when not.

Athletes can't always trust doctors, they're getting paied by teams (that want their star players on the court/pitch/turf) no matter what. In general they'd rather rush a player back into action to please the team owners and GMs rather than beeing cautious and maybe resting the guy an extra week.

Lin knows that too and he's playing the safe route, fair enough, it's his career and his body.
    Brandon Roy's condition as far as I know wasn't seen as the same as Lin. Wasn't his knees degenarate and arthritic? His knees were pretty much bone on bone and they were unable to stimulate cartilage growth

If Lin isn't doing this for some alterior motive which I believe and hope hes not then that leads me to speculate that the team once again may not have been truthful about the extent of his injury. theyve disclosed little info and have kept him away.

remember they kept telling us it was just a soar knee?

then someone on here posted it was a rumor it was more then just that and they were hiding info. Then boom

this may again be the case. Who knows. smh

Anyway I hope hes back healthy and in a Knick uniform next year
    Last edited by goldenchild1688; May 09, 2012 at 01:25.

Originally Posted by LV&C
    Didn't Smith said that Lin is a marginal player? Didn't he ripped him to shreds before? Then why is he asking Lin to return? What can a recovering Lin do to help the team? Or could it be that they want Lin to be the fall guy?
    very good point, they did destroy him in an interview... no one really pays attention to stephen A and company because they just say things for attention half the time