Stephen A. and Skip Bayless: Alterior Motive Behind Lin Not Returning

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
On First take today. 45 min mark
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7900534

Skip Bayless and Stephen A. debated whether or not Lin was getting a pass for not returning for the playoffs and fueled specualtion the real reason is he's trying to position himself for a new contract and not hinder his chances at garnering more money with bad playoff performances vs a team that made him look bad early in the yr

Skip: said from what he knows about cartilage surgery Lin is getting a pass as it shouldn't take nearly this long to recover. He used himself also as an example and said he also had the same surgery and was running as soon as week later on concrete. He praised Amare for toughening it out and thought Lin would too after weeks of saying almost.

Stephen A:
said he was guilty of giving him a pass as he doesn't like to question peoples injuries because of his own which ended his career.

He said he is now tired of this and Lin should be playing. He said I'm not a doctor or accusing him of exaggerating injuries but he knows it doesn't take this long.

even went as far too say he knows members of the Knicks organization who said they didn't think it would take this long at all. he said he was there 2.5 hrs before game time an watched Lin on the floor working out and said " he looked pretty good to me like he could give you at least 15-20 mins".

Then he dropped the bomb that he felt Lin a restricted FA at the end of the season has went out hurt with America and everyone loving him and the whole Linsanity run he had, out on a high. The Knicks feel pressure under those circumstances to resign him as he played well and made them a lot of money

''So let me sit here and chill because by doing so what I'm ultimately able to do is positioning myself to get a new contract. When we last saw Lin on Miami what happened to him? They didn't even put Bron or Wade on him. Chalmers took him too school.
"

"If it was someone anyone else we would be asking some questions and it's raising eyebrows
."

Me personally I never looked at this way or even thought about it until they brought it up and I wanted to gauge everyone's feelings on the matter. I believe if he felt he could play effectively he would be out there. While I don't necessarily agree this is something to consider

Do you guys think Lin is getting a pass while others would be questioned?

Sage

Rotation player
Skip Bayless probably knows as much about cartilage surgery as he does about basketball (I.E. Not much).

I'm absolutely positive that someone would much rather get their first taste of the playoffs than sit out. Besides, a few bad games aren't going to make his stock plummet, he already had bad games against the Heat and other good teams and he came out of that ok.

CA7

Scoring Champ
They're dumb as hell most of the time

1. Lin's "people" have no say over whether he plays or not, its the doctors choice whether or not he's cleared

2. Everyone's body doesn't respond the same to injuries so you never know how Lin's knee is feeling.

3. Lins contract next year is going to be between the Qualifying offer and the MLE, nothing more nothing less why the hell is holding out so he doesn't ruin his contract negotiations, at the end of the day him not being here isn't helping his chances of getting the full MLE

Those guys are only good because they argue which is funny and I love when Skip discusses LeBron and when SAS discusses Tebow other than that, they know close to nothing and have made their careers off of being either ignorant or out spoken

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Skip basically gets paid to spew bull**** that's gonna get people hot.

Smith has an agenda against Jeremy Lin (have you ever heard him say anything nice about him?)

Close thread.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
HE should have been on the court couple of days ago. When it is playoff time u make sure u r on the court. Amar'e wasn't supposed to play at all again this series but he gutted out and played game 4, in which we don't win unless he plays. My gut feeling he is scared after what happened last time when he played against Miami. If he doesn't play tomorrow I will definitely be disappointed in Lin.

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
LOL they're idiots. Hating on Lin, not sure why.

Guy had knee surgery and there is no point in him returning to get beat down by the Heat. There is nothing to be gained from Lin returning while Lin can use the extra time to heal not just the surgery but all the wounds of getting pounded in his first big-time action.

tiger0330

Legend
Bayless and SAS have a point. Guys have been known to play with menicus tears let alone having a scope and getting 6 weeks off. Lin's recovery time is probably on the high side after a scope but only he knows what his body is going through.

fender0577

Rotation player
Bayless and SAS have a point. Guys have been known to play with menicus tears let alone having a scope and getting 6 weeks off. Lin's recovery time is probably on the high side after a scope but only he knows what his body is going through.
Yeah i was thinking the same thing, how can some of you guys call them (skip and steven A) idiots, when their in NBA locker rooms all the time, i'm sure they have more insight then we do.I'm sure they know something we don't.I want our PG back, as much as the next guy, but there something else going on here, it shouldn't take this long from a knee scope.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I guarantee you that Lin is a hopeless liar.

Has anyone asked him about his willingness to play? If not, is that because he has avoided being questioned?

Well, let me put it like this: The last guy who rushed back into action after meniscus surgery, because the Playoffs were knocking on the door, was Brandon Roy and look where he is now....

I think Lin is smart enough to know when it's relatively safe to go again and when not.

Athletes can't always trust doctors, they're getting paied by teams (that want their star players on the court/pitch/turf) no matter what. In general they'd rather rush a player back into action to please the team owners and GMs rather than beeing cautious and maybe resting the guy an extra week.

Lin knows that too and he's playing the safe route, fair enough, it's his career and his body.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
you actually listen to those 2 clowns?

Obviously they are not the medical staff, they get paid to talk **** for a living.

Lin is a smart kid, if i was him id sit on my ass too, until i was 100%. Unless you want him to turn into Grant Hill and spend 75% of his career on his ass watching.

When he is ready he will be back but even if he is at 80% he is useless to the Knicks now.

Mike Bibby got this. :crossfingers: lol

Peter

Benchwarmer
Stephen a ss forgot what he said before totally.
Why dare you raise your voice to call a not fully-recovered marginal player out?
Rember you raised your voice in order to make the whole world know that he is a marginal player?
Should a marginal player go to d-league to play?
Can he decide himself?
Is he so sure it is lin's decision not coming back? Does dolan want to risk destroy his money-making maching?

I know, you came back from the same injury a week later and start working, only thing different is you were sitting and talking and bashing. He only kisses somepeople's ass (melo and LBJ) and kicks somepeople's butt. Everybody knows what will come out when he talks about lin.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
I'm pretty sure if Lin could play, he would. The guy never shied away from contact on the floor or played reserved at all. Also taking into consideration our current PG depth i would think doctors and coaching staff want to have him out there ASAP.

I understand that they want to make a story about Lin because he's a huge buzz to talk about but these guys are way off base questioning a guy's injury like that. Very disrespectful IMO to try and claim you know more about a guys injury and timetable then he does.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
They simply have nothing else to talk about....Bringing up the name JERMEY LIN alone probably sucks them in alot of listeners

JLin is out because of an surgically repaired knee. To think there is something else is rediculous. That notion will only spark controversy...which is something all jounalist need to stay in the headlines. I just wish it wasn't so obviously blatant.

TheScowl

Rookie
So he had the "same surgery," did he?

I suppose he had the same injury? I mean, no two people have the same finger prints, you think two people can have the same knee injury?

Different injury = different surgery = different recovery

KnickKnack

Rookie
Hate to play devil's advocate here, but the points they bring up are valid. I'm one of Lin's biggest fans, but even their points raise my eyebrows.

This is coming from someone who had the same injury in my senior year of high school and was better in about 4 weeks, running after 2.