Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not Tony Douglas XFACTOR

Default Believe it or not Tony Douglas XFACTOR

I got a sneaky suspicion that TD steps up big time the rest of the series. He'll be left open and knock down his shots at a good clip. He'll be something that the Heat will have to worry about. Which will let us sneak by with a 7 game series win. You heard it here first...

lol.........

I love optimism, but my dude.....really?

Veteran

Since Bibby is going to get most of the minutes, Bibby knocking down his 3s and taking care of the ball are going to much more important than anything TD does. We might not not even see much of TD, I see JR playing some PG and Melo bringing up the ball to keep as much scoring on the floor as possible.

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    lol.........
    Why do we have to let heat fans join up here? The dude probably became a heat/basketball fan last year. Like wtf?

Anyways back to OP...TD sucks. Ive lost all faith in him as a pg. Hi gunna put his head down and dribble into about 5 turnovers then woodson will just let JR play the 1 when bibby is out..

We don't need him to be "true" PG... just our version of Chalmers but with better defense. Swing the ball and hit open shots... play the passing lanes but don't gamble too much and he'll be fine.

Veteran

The funny thing is...he's been on the Knicks longer than everyone on the team...including coaching staff (other than Herb). I think if TD ever touches the floor again he will give it his all...like his carrear depends on it. I'll give him some min's...I'll hate to see him end the season without some burn. I thought he was still hurting to be honest...

I wouldn't count out a focused T. Douglas ...we could use some extra D and some of that streaky magic

Veteran

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    Why do we have to let heat fans join up here? The dude probably became a heat/basketball fan last year. Like wtf?

Anyways back to OP...TD sucks. Ive lost all faith in him as a pg. Hi gunna put his head down and dribble into about 5 turnovers then woodson will just let JR play the 1 when bibby is out..

No! I wouldnt say TD lost it, or sucks. TD performance is actually better than lastseason when TD average 24 mpg in 81 games.

Melo controlled the Knicks offense from day 1, and hasnt been doing a good job at it....thats why I didnt complain in March when Lin-Sanity didnt pass Melo the ball to start new coach Woodson off on a winning streak........

This Miami series explains the Knicks situation (4 games) Melo has took 94 fga compared to teammates
    JR Smith 64 fga,
    Stat 27 fga,
    Fields 24 fga,
    Davis 22 fga,
    Tyson 19 fga,
    Novak 11 fga.
    Stat's 27 fga would have to shoot close to 40 fga next game to catchup to JR Smith 64 fga.
    This Knicks series remind me of the Denver Nuggets Melo/Camby/JR Smith series.

Veteran

I like the spirit of this thread.

We're also forgetting, that till his recent woes, he was a young, 1st round pick who many KO members were touting as a reason *for* Lebron to come here....

Douglas can play some pesky D, he can shoot from the 3 -- where MIA is at their weakest, defensively, and where we will need to be strong.

I can't front and say I expect Douglas to perform, but it wouldn't shock me -- and he has t in him, and all things being equal i dont hate the matchup.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    We don't need him to be "true" PG... just our version of Chalmers but with better defense. Swing the ball and hit open shots... play the passing lanes but don't gamble too much and he'll be fine.
    Thats how TD been playing for us the past 2 years, much better than Charmers on offense & defense.....TD not gettin playintime minutes points to Melo....Novak gettin only 11 fga in 4 games points to Melo & JR

Originally Posted by Tokie420

1.wrong.
    2.Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? I just commented "lol"
    No need to get hostile

1.wrong.
    No need to get hostile
    Lmao.

Most Heat fans I know are bitches. I have a cousin in Ft. Lauderdale that is a Heat fan and he was cheering Rose and Noah when they got hurt, real classy.

As long as you can talk knowledgable basketball and not be a massive homer, you're okay in my book. Most fans of other teams that we've had here were idiots.

TD had a chance to run the team starting last year....
    now it's his like 5th chance to do the same,
    .....no player was ever given this many chances,.....hope he plays ok,, but he seems to lack focus.

1.wrong.
    No need to get hostile
    i agree, the lol was well-placed and deservedly so.
    someone probably had sand in their vagina.

yer still a heat troll.

Someone will need to step up, but I just don't see it being Douglas.

Novak is the one that needs to figure out how to spread the offense.