Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not Tony Douglas XFACTOR

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I got a sneaky suspicion that TD steps up big time the rest of the series. He'll be left open and knock down his shots at a good clip. He'll be something that the Heat will have to worry about. Which will let us sneak by with a 7 game series win. You heard it here first...
    I feel the same way. He can't be any worse then the pg play I saw most of the game when I was at the Garden for game 4. Big 3 late by Bibby but outside of that him and Baron were eratic

The only reason I feel Bibby who has been subpar at best has got this long of a leash is because of his history with Woodson not just because hes a vet

Yes TD himself after a solid rookie campaign has been bad this yr but hes younger, more athletic and was a much more solid shooter up until this season then Bibby who has declined greatly has been.

Unlike Bibby he still possesses the ability to attack the rim

I really hope he comes up big for us, well both of them but we need some of that 2011 TD please

Can someone explain what happened to TD?

Last year - he was a starter!!!!!!

This year it sounds like Woodson would rather have 4 players on the court than use TD.

Did he not recover from his injury well? Very bizarre.

I can see TD contributing from the SG position.

PG - Bibby /JR
    SG - Fields / TD
    SF - Melo /Novak
    PF - Amar'e / JJ
    C - Chandler / Jorts

If our pg can get TD going, he CAN light it up from beyond the arc. We've seen him put up 30 points from the bench and I can see the HEAT leaving him wide open if Melo and STAT can carry us on offense.

Originally Posted by Knicks32

This year it sounds like Woodson would rather have 4 players on the court than use TD.

He isn't a true PG. He was exposed at the beginning of the season when he failed to run MDA's offense. He can create his own shot though.

Nyk Logo

We've seen Douglas blow up before, but what rust shaking PT has he had of late?

Questionable handle, zero court vision, C grade defense worsened by 9/10ths of a season's (albeit shortened) inexperience, and lastly..........offensively one dimensional.

We've seen what the Heat do to one dimensional players, Novak being the example.

Apologies for the pessimism, but seriously, Douglas is rotten. Extending his contract was a bad call.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Lmao.

Most Heat fans I know are bitches. I have a cousin in Ft. Lauderdale that is a Heat fan and he was cheering Rose and Noah when they got hurt, real classy.

As long as you can talk knowledgable basketball and not be a massive homer, you're okay in my book. Most fans of other teams that we've had here were idiots.
    Most heat fans are bitches must agree. And that person who was really cheering Rose when he got injured is a d-bag. I would never do that. But there are classless fans of each team. There is a poster on here who actually wished Wade got injured...smh

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i agree, the lol was well-placed and deservedly so.
    someone probably had sand in their vagina.

yer still a heat troll.
    Yeah guess you can say that. But i come in peace tho

Veteran

Question Mark The question we all been asking ourselves

Originally Posted by Knicks32

We added Carmelo Anthony into our offense for 40 minutes per game!

Without Melo running the offense for 40 minutes....Stat is a 20-10 player, TD is a solid defensive backup PG, who offense skills thrives on 2 or 3 players touches before shooting the ball.
    Melo is not....Kobe/Lebron/D.Wade/Dirk/or Durant who master ISO plays.
    The Knicks went on a 10-3 run without Carmelo Anthony antics in the rotation.

Real Talk....Im not a Melo-Hater but Melo is a high scorer, not a super-star player...

Tony Douglas = not a factor. Guy's probably more out of rhythm than lin.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    We've seen Douglas blow up before, but what rust shaking PT has he had of late?

Questionable handle, zero court vision, C grade defense worsened by 9/10ths of a season's (albeit shortened) inexperience, and lastly..........offensively one dimensional.

We've seen what the Heat do to one dimensional players, Novak being the example.

Apologies for the pessimism, but seriously, Douglas is rotten. Extending his contract was a bad call.

Crazy....playing one dimensional players to their talents has WON so many teams Championships. u can start with the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, and lastseason Championship Mavs having (one-dimensional) defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler.

I wouldnt consider Toney Douglas offense/defense one dimensional b/c his PG skills is not up to par to please shoot-first Stat, or shoot-first Melo....Stat wasnt pleased when Shaq/Tyson became his teammate, Melo wasnt please when Iverson/Billups became his teammate.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Crazy....playing one dimensional players to their talents has WON so many teams Championships. u can start with the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, and lastseason Championship Mavs having (one-dimensional) defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler.
    Tyson and Douglas shouldn't be considered in the same breath when talking dimensions. That's not a worthy comparison at all.

You say one dimensional players from the teams you named, for e.g.. AC Green, Ed Pinckney, The Worm, Bruce Bowen and so forth, can all claim the one disparity between themselves and Toney Douglas:

They were good basketball players.

Veteran

Originally Posted by GoKnicks!
    Tony Douglas = not a factor. Guy's probably more out of rhythm than lin.

This is the playoff....its to late to get familiar with teammates without making several mistakes that will cost the game.
    Rather than play Lin 40 minutes per game, we couldve shared the 48 minutes between Lin/Davis/TD when we had schedules of 5 games in 7 days, or 7 games in 10 days...

TD is the X-factor for the heat they would love him in the game

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Tyson and Douglas shouldn't be considered in the same breath when talking dimensions. That's not a worthy comparison at all.

You say one dimensional players from the teams you named, for e.g.. AC Green, Ed Pinckney, The Worm, Bruce Bowen and so forth, can all claim the one disparity between themselves and Toney Douglas:

They were good basketball players.
    u forgot so many other one-dimensional players Malik Rose, Avery Johnson, Ainge, Fox, Parrish, Fisher, plus do u remember the names of the PG in MJ first 3 championships?

When we drafted Bill Cartwright, he gave us a 20-10 performance each season since his rookie year.....when we traded Cartwright to the Chicago Bulls headcoach Phil Jackson made Cartwright into a one-dimensional player to win 3 championships. Coach Jax also made Paxon and Steve Kerr into one dimensional players.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    TD is the X-factor for the heat they would love him in the game
    Slow-down and get off TD jock
    The Heats beat us by 33 points in game-1, who was the Heats X-factor in that game???