Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Believe it or not Tony Douglas XFACTOR

If TD makes his 3's we're good.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Slow-down and get off TD jock
    The Heats beat us by 33 points in game-1, who was the Heats X-factor in that game???
    Toney douglas

38 Games played

mins played 17.3

FG% 32%

3point % 23%

6 ppg

NUFF SAID

Toney Douglas aint been right ever since the shoulder injury and i don't expect him to MAGICALLY be a "x-factor" i expect him to be a role player and do his job getting the ball to our players at the right moments... he may be some what of a factor on the defensive end but that's about it..Landry Fields is more capable of running the point than Toney Douglas... There is a reason he's been routing on the bench.. it's not because woody has some kind of beef with him and it sure hell ain't because he's our secret X- factor for the heat.

If Baron was here no way TD even sniffs the court, now he's suppose to be the x=factor

The x-Factor in this series is AMARE STOUDEMIRE and was always AMARE STOUDEMIRE . If Amare cant produce like he did last game we are toast & this series is fanito..and thats the way the cookie crumbles you can call TD a x-factor if you want...thats your opinion... i just never new Toney douglas all of a sudden was the guy on the knicks that determines the outcomes of a game. JR smith has a better chance of being the X-factor IMO, another crappy game by him.. our chances will be slim, espcially if STAT cant get it going .
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; May 09, 2012 at 16:09.

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    If TD makes his 3's we're good.
    and pray... he's capable of knocking em down... it all comes down to how focused he is, the dude aint played a playoff game thus yet this series.

NO NO NO

DWTDDWDS

Do what Toney Douglas Do Won't Do ****.

...hope he proves me wrong, but come on.... This is the epitome of a delusioned fan. Even if he did have a big game, to say you expected it is just wrong...and dumb. Dumb wrong.

Even if i could afford im still not buying it....

We dont believe u, u need more people

Play JR Smith at point, Douglast should get zero minutes

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I got a sneaky suspicion that TD steps up big time the rest of the series. He'll be left open and knock down his shots at a good clip. He'll be something that the Heat will have to worry about. Which will let us sneak by with a 7 game series win. You heard it here first...
    This seems more like wishful thinking.

Considering the observation made when TD was allowed more minutes; he neglected to improve his decision making; he neglected to improve his dribble-drive and finish at the rim where he has repeatedly force-flopped himself to the floor with little to no contact.

This, to the untrained eye seems like "drawing a foul", but in reality he does it to distract from the fact he cannot finish in traffic.

I attribute this continuation (and my next point) to being trained (or not properly) in the unorthodox former coach way.

TD seemed fine for our former coach when he had the green light to chuck. When he was asked to facilitate and decide quickly, to get guys involved or take matters into his own hands... he failed.

My second point and reason for TD failure is his inability to learn and understand what exactly a PG does. A PG knows that guy's want the ball in a position to catch and shoot or tripple-threat in rythem. All PG's know this as well as to accomplish these passes WHILE NOT STARRING DIRECTLY AT THEIR TEAMMATE, or after picking up their dribble...

TD has yet (and its been years now) to demonstrate his acquiescense to the nuances of a true PG. He is stuck in tweener mode where he was conditioned to be by you-know-who.

All TD can be counted on doing is hopefully locking down on D. And again, to the untrained eye he does, until you consider he can't properly get around screens, he fouls too much when unecessary, and he doesn't stop the ball.

Really Bibby is our best hope and he's semi-fragile/over-the-hill.
    Last edited by Red; May 09, 2012 at 16:51.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u forgot so many other one-dimensional players Malik Rose, Avery Johnson, Ainge, Fox, Parrish, Fisher, plus do u remember the names of the PG in MJ first 3 championships?

When we drafted Bill Cartwright, he gave us a 20-10 performance each season since his rookie year.....when we traded Cartwright to the Chicago Bulls headcoach Phil Jackson made Cartwright into a one-dimensional player to win 3 championships. Coach Jax also made Paxon and Steve Kerr into one dimensional players.
    Kiyaman....you're losing yourself.....

Yes I know the name of the PGs in Jordan's first 3 wins, and yes I can reel off a lot of names from those teams you mentioned.

I'm talking about Toney Douglas. You're tripping.

Change the thread title to Bibby = X FACTOR.