New York Knicks @ Miami Heat Game 5- East 1st Round (MIA 3-1 NYK) 7PM TNT

CA7

Scoring Champ
Its true that Melo can find teammates when they're open, but he needs to atleast keep the other guys involved even if they're not open, if that makes sense.I know that Melo gets the scoring done and we're probably better off doing so but I'm a firm believer that championshipreal contenders play team basketball. Win as a team, and lose as a team.

Its the system, one Woody never had a full team, two he doesn't even know who he'll have next year to put that system together so I think giving him a complete roster and this training camp will do wonders, Melo should strive next year to be a 25-10-5 guy instead of a 24-6-3 guy but to be blaming him is absurd as usual, I can agree with some criticism but come on dude, trade him for who the only guys I'd want either are untouchable or wont fit.

Lets get some stability for once in the past 10 years aren't you sick of recycling players and seeing them become key contributors to other teams(Zach Randolph in Memphis and Jamal Crawford in Atlanta are 2 prime examples, imagine sending Melo to Portland and him and Lamarcus Aldridge doing work, sending him to the Clippers or the Lakers or the Spurs or the Mavericks or the Magic)

I'm just saying constructive criticism is better conversation than trade him, trade him

Nah. JR didn't play hard.

:teeth: you right

The last time Stat average less than 10 fga per game in the playoffs, Marbury was his teammate

greatest STAT I've heard on here, good research

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I hope we don't sign JR. I was originally on the fence about this but after the playoffs, its clear in my mind that there's no room for two iso players on this team. We need a guy who can create his own shot driving to the basket.

skisloper

Starter
36 minutes not a single rebound, steal, assist or block.....and shot 20%...

yes woodson way to leave him for the entire 2nd half...not to mention his =/- was negative 20!!!!!!!!!!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Too much iso and not enough production from Amare. I know Melo felt like he did all he could to help us tonight but sometimes that doesn't mean taking 80% of the shots. Sure we don't have a pass first pg and we are limited with shot creating players but Melo draws a lot of attention and you can easily set up teammates that way and make Miami adjust their defense. I'm not for trading Melo but he needs to evolve into more than just a great scorer for the next level.

Amare is another story... Weak performance in an elimination game. He should be ashamed and can be traded as far as I'm concerned. Waste of cap space!

skisloper

Starter
I hope we don't sign JR. I was originally on the fence about this but after the playoffs, its clear in my mind that there's no room for two iso players on this team. We need a guy who can create his own shot driving to the basket.

Look at his gameline....no coach in the NBA excpet Dantonio would have allowed him to stay in the game with ZERO PRODUCTION on every stat line...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Well boys, I cheered with you, fought with you, hated you, loved you but damn we always kept comin back.

it was a great time spending this season with you guys on here from Linsanity to Melo being player of the month.

Im looking forward to next season!

CA7

Scoring Champ
I've never seen more people complain about a guy scoring 35 and getting 8 rebounds, hitting 48% of his shots, 40% from 3, on the road in the playoffs, with his team's back against the wall and getting no calls

Cant wait til next year though, future is bright

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
yup. we got raped. but it was peaceful

However, the knicks did a great job overall, it was a season of inconsistency

next season's goals:

1- not fire the coach
2- win the first round of playoffs

Kiyaman

Legend
pacers Need To Eliminate These Fuxers

Whats F....up are Granger/West/Hibbert are going to co-exist as a frontcourt to make us look bad in their series vs Heats.....headcoach Vogel will show Woodson how to use his bench bigmen with pass-first PG-Collison coming off the bench. Depth!

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo had a great April and a solid round against the Heat considering how great their defense is...I think he saw that he can be a superstar with a better work ethic, hopefully he works real hard this offseason and if we're gonna go deep he needs a better Robin. Stoudemire aint gettin it done and his contract is eating up useful salary that could be used to bring back Novak, Smith, etc. and bring in other talented role players too. Its nothing personal against Stat, i think hes a good person and a solid PF still but his p*ssy defense and inconsistent offense + the fact that hes injury prone makes him an obstacle in our run for a championship. I felt like for long stretches of the games against Miami that it was basically Melo vs 2 superstars and an all star (LBJ, Wade, Bosh). If he has to carry us all year next year again it wont be good for his health even if hes in great shape. Time to say goodbye to Stat, welcome back a couple of role players, and welcome a couple of new role players. Say goodbye to Fields too, and since Barons out for 12 months he wont be looking for a team to sign with until the start of the 2013 playoffs if he decides to comeback at all.

Kiyaman

Legend
I've never seen more people complain about a guy scoring 35 and getting 8 rebounds, hitting 48% of his shots, 40% from 3, on the road in the playoffs, with his team's back against the wall and getting no calls

Cant wait til next year though, future is bright

u will never understand.
Its best for u to watch (Grander in) the Indiana Pacers vs Miami Heat series

tiger0330

Legend

Other than a few games JR was a non-factor. People were worried that we might lose him now I'm worried that nobody will want him and he picks up his option for next season.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Im eagar to what pieces NY tries to add. They're so tied up the cash so it'll be hard to add without subtracting a lot.

lol at the majority of the posters blatantly blaming Carmelo. I mean, it seemed like....no he was the only one playing hard on the knicks. And jr is like a pillow, hot or cold never consistent. I thought he was really hurting you guys with his poor shot selection. I mean he was jacking it up when he had 3 guys covering him. Jr was 3-15 shooting. I repeat 3-15. With 0ast, 0 rbs, 0 blks, 0 stls and 3 fouls. And you guys blame Carmelo?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Other than a few games JR was a non-factor. People were worried that we might lose him now I'm worried that nobody will want him and he picks up his option for next season.

JR Smith: 'I think I did a poor job w/my shot selection'. Said he hopes to come back to NY. :barf:

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Carmelo had no choice but to score. No one else did anything else. Tyson was just gone, Amare just vanished. Nothing from no one else but the minor contribution from Bibby.

Should Melo take 27-32 shots on a daily basis? No
Should Amare get more involved and receive more touches? yes
But Carmelo has no choice when his 2nd option is terrible.

Kiyaman

Legend
Keep saying you want Woodson as the coach.....His f"in love for JR SMITH put us out of this game.....The guy did nothing right yet he played the entire 2nd and half except for last 3 minutes.......

Yes I know we dont have offense but if your offense sucks you need to win on defense and JR is a moron......JORTS played well but he gets 5 minutes....Fields was better then JR but he sits....

WOODSON SUCKED TONIGHT.!!!!!!!

I am by no way saying we should have won...but when u see reasons that made it impossible it just sucks

take my word for it that was not interim coach Woodson decision....that was Melo doin....if 40+ minute per game Melo wanted Novak to get 10 shots per game in this series, Novak wouldve got 10 shots per game.

CoolClyde

Junior Swish can suck a d*ck. worst game ever.
let him go to a team who wants his sorry a$$.

2012-13 KEEPERS, in order of importance:
Melo
Chandler
Lin
Shumpert
Fields
Novak
Giraffe
Harrellson
Jordan

concentrate on getting rid of STAT, free up cap space. inconsistent player,
injury prone, has gone downhill ever since Melo got here, except for a few games.
just not worth the dough. talks the talk, does not walk the walk. needs to go.

Kiyaman

Legend
Junior Swish can suck a d*ck. worst game ever.
let him go to a team who wants his sorry a$$.

2012-13 KEEPERS, in order of importance:
Melo
Chandler
Lin
Shumpert
Fields
Novak
Giraffe
Harrellson
Jordan

concentrate on getting rid of STAT, free up cap space. inconsistent player,
injury prone, has gone downhill ever since Melo got here, except for a few games.
just not worth the dough. talks the talk, does not walk the walk. needs to go.

I agree with all the players u mention but I would keep Stat.....and trade Carmelo Anthony to Memphis for Rudy Gay & Conley, or trade Melo to the Pacers for Granger & Collison.