KNICKSONLINE I ask you is it Time to Trade Amare?

What do u think?

• Trade the bum

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Keep him

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Give him until the trade deadline next year, make a decision then

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Waive the Renaissance Man

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I want both Stoudefire extinguisher and Sally Fields gone next year

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
Welcome to the debate. Take a seat
41376_100000653491567_2211_q.jpg

:smokin:

Stoudesexuals vs the Amarknee BackRetire's

I think its time. The truth is I've always been an Amare fan, and I cant deny that I still am. I would root for him on another team as long as its a team thats not in our way. But I dont believe we can ever win a championship with him

• Defense is worse then Charlie Villanueva's
  • Big Contract
  • Injury Prone
  • Overrated Offense
  • Sometimes soft on the boards
  • Carmelo is a better power forward

We could re-sign some of our role players like Novak and bring in some more role players, preferably with short term contracts. I think this would make us a better, more balanced team but Fields has gotta go too.

As long as Stats on this team it will limit who we can get as part of our supporting cast, hes an obstacle for the Knicks in their journey to their 3rd championship. Im not sure who we can bring in next year to replace him as a PF but with Lin back, he could take some of the offensive load off of Melo's shoulders. So whoever we get at PF, as long as they can get 10 to 14 points and play some defense...that works for me.

I subscribe to 5 of your 6 bullet points. I do not believe he is overrated on his offense. I think he is a virtually unstoppable offensive player in a suitable offense. Unfortunately, we lost that kind of offense the minute we traded for Melo. If you doubt me, look back at what he did as a Knick prior to the Melo trade. He was virtually an MVP candidate up to that time with only Raymond Felton at the point.

That said, we have to trade him unless we are going to get a coach with a vision that leads to Melo and Amare both being maximized on this team. We're 0-for-2 with coaches on figuring that out so far.

oshi

Benchwarmer
I would think no team would want his contract with the injuries and how he played this year. Maybe a team like the Wizards or something for a very small return. I'd be okay with that but realistically I don't see it happening either almost a guarantee he'll still be here I think

The best bet is Amare gets healthy this offseason rests his legs and get some explosiveness back to where he's playing near the level of season 1 in NYK. I still like him too I like his personality but he's got to show more what he says offcourt on

KingCharles34

All Star
I subscribe to 5 of your 6 bullet points. I do not believe he is overrated on his offense. I think he is a virtually unstoppable offensive player in a suitable offense. Unfortunately, we lost that kind of offense the minute we traded for Melo. If you doubt me, look back at what he did as a Knick prior to the Melo trade. He was virtually an MVP candidate up to that time with only Raymond Felton at the point.

That said, we have to trade him unless we are going to get a coach with a vision that leads to Melo and Amare both being maximized on this team. We're 0-for-2 with coaches on figuring that out so far.

I respect your opinion but I think i remember him falling off shortly before the Melo trade, he got tired and didnt play well the rest of the season. I believe he was unstoppable on offense and still could be. I hope he can be again for his sake, but I cant dream and be unrealistic. I know u agreed with me about him being injury prone but i do seriously question his ability to stay healthy which is part of why i consider his offense to be overrated. He does get alotta offensive fouls and he does get blocked alot. He is sometimes turnover prone too, but he never really had a great chance to get into rhythm this year coming off that back injury from last year. Ill give him that. And if he does work hard this offseason on his conditioning, he could comeback much sharper next year but whens another injury gonna pop up?

I just think its safer to trade him, and risky to keep him. We could get some role players with the money hes getting paid

Y'know, it's funny with evaluating Amare from an always-injured perspective. He definitely is a big-time injury prone player, but he's now proved for 2 postseasons in a row that he can rush himself back to play. That said, I will openly acknowledge that both injuries from which he has rushed himself back he acquired by being a jackass. So, there you go.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
the purpose of bringing melo wasnt to replace amare, it was to mimic the heat and celtics by formulating our own group of stars.. tradin amare (which we couldnt even do) would put us back to square . melo couldnt do **** as solely the main guy in denver

KingCharles34

All Star
We have Lin and could bring in some other players if we didnt have Amare's contract...we just gotta get him a better supporting cast then he had in Denver. Lets be real here, based on what we saw this season Amare is not a star

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I respect your opinion but I think i remember him falling off shortly before the Melo trade, he got tired and didnt play well the rest of the season. I believe he was unstoppable on offense and still could be. I hope he can be again for his sake, but I cant dream and be unrealistic. I know u agreed with me about him being injury prone but i do seriously question his ability to stay healthy which is part of why i consider his offense to be overrated. He does get alotta offensive fouls and he does get blocked alot. He is sometimes turnover prone too, but he never really had a great chance to get into rhythm this year coming off that back injury from last year. Ill give him that. And if he does work hard this offseason on his conditioning, he could comeback much sharper next year but whens another injury gonna pop up?

I just think its safer to trade him, and risky to keep him. We could get some role players with the money hes getting paid

who would take that contract of a player with all these flaws u apparently claim he holds? amare should and will stay. theyll work out the kinks. no way they let him go after playing exceptional this playoffs without a legit PG and playing with melo on the court (everybody claims they cant play together but they can.) i dont want to see just melo...they got a bunch of role players around him in denver and they never did anything..him, amare, and role players will be much better for melo and the team

Hayato

Benchwarmer
We have Lin and could bring in some other players if we didnt have Amare's contract...we just gotta get him a better supporting cast then he had in Denver. Lets be real here, based on what we saw this season Amare is not a star

last year everbody praised amare, in the matter of 1 bizarre season u people want him gone? it frustrates me to see this being said EVERYWHERE. hes not going anywhere nor can he really go anywhere. him and melo never had an offseason together neither.. amare IS a star.. he had a downyear in a whirlwind of a season, so what

KingCharles34

All Star
who would take that contract of a player with all these flaws u apparently claim he holds? amare should and will stay. theyll work out the kinks. no way they let him go after playing exceptional this playoffs without a legit PG and playing with melo on the court (everybody claims they cant play together but they can.) i dont want to see just melo...they got a bunch of role players around him in denver and they never did anything..him, amare, and role players will be much better for melo and the team

Amare is a role player and a very expensive one

Maybe you have a point about who would take his contract, but how did he play exceptional in the playoffs? He had one good game

KingCharles34

All Star
last year everbody praised amare, in the matter of 1 bizarre season u people want him gone? it frustrates me to see this being said EVERYWHERE. hes not going anywhere nor can he really go anywhere. him and melo never had an offseason together neither.. amare IS a star.. he had a downyear in a whirlwind of a season, so what

This aint about everybodies opinion, I didnt praise Amare last year. He "got tired" before we got Carmelo and underachieved the rest of the season. Then he had a good game 1 against Boston before injuring his back

I dont know how u can still call him a star. He could regain his star status next year (even though im not betting on it, hoping for it though) but he aint no star

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Amare is a role player and a very expensive one

Maybe you have a point about who would take his contract, but how did he play exceptional in the playoffs? He had one good game

game 1 was a trainwreck for everyone..he didnt play game 2 or 3..game 4 he was great and game 5 he was 2nd on the team production-wise. youre saying a star went from being a star to a role player in the span of 1 shortened season because he didnt produce as much? patience. if he doesnt get it together next year, then ill say u amare-haters were right

remember; coaching change, constant PG change, no offseason, never an offseason with melo, shortened season

KBlack25

Starter
If you subscribe to Melo needing a full offseason of workouts to meld with teammates then you have to allow amare the same slack, no?

fender0577

Rotation player
If you subscribe to Melo needing a full offseason of workouts to meld with teammates then you have to allow amare the same slack, no?Yes
No trades, give these guys one full season, people we played one of, if not, the best team in the NBA.Lets get healthy first, and see what we can do.

goNYgo

Rookie
Amar'e needs to either:

A) Come off the bench and let Melo/Chandler work the post while they're in there. It is blatantly obvious that when all three are on the court, the offense SUCKS.

or

B) Get traded

Give him until the trade deadline. This was a hectic year for Stat, But next year he'll have no excuses and should be very hungry...if this doesn't show within the first 10 or so games...he will clearly be seen as a hugh disappointment.

KingCharles34

All Star
If you subscribe to Melo needing a full offseason of workouts to meld with teammates then you have to allow amare the same slack, no?

Overall it was a disappointing season for Melo too. However, Carmelo came much closer to earning his money then Stat did. And Amare is injury prone. Instead of wasting money on him and failing to be a championship team trade the bum and bring in a better supporting cast for Carmelo, Chandler, and Lin.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Amare' and Melo

I do not believe it is worthwhile arguing about whether or not we should trade Amare' when the real question is whether we could trade Amare' for something -- including cap space --that has value. In my view we cannot. No team will take his uninsured contract without demanding we take its own costly detritus. I prefer Amare' to anything we are likely to receive for him.

Melo made some incredible shots last night against a premier defense and at a high percentage. But he took 31 shots. Amare' took 7. There is something wrong there. Notice how well the shots were distributed among the Heat.

We have to find a way for Melo, Amare' and Chandler to complement each other rather than taking up each other's space.

KBlack25

Starter
Overall it was a disappointing season for Melo too. However, Carmelo came much closer to earning his money then Stat did. And Amare is injury prone. Instead of wasting money on him and failing to be a championship team trade the bum and bring in a better supporting cast for Carmelo, Chandler, and Lin.

Melo came closer b/c he was the focal point of the offense.

I can't see how you can say Melo needs an off-season to adjust to his teammates and learn his role in the offense, but then cast Amare off so quickly. Amare deserves the same amount of leeway as Melo in learning his role, in my opinion.