7 26.92%
  • Give him until the trade deadline next year, make a decision then

4 15.38%
  • Waive the Renaissance Man

1 3.85%
  • I want both Stoudefire extinguisher and Sally Fields gone next year

4 15.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KNICKSONLINE I ask you is it Time to Trade Amare?

Amar'e needs to either:

A) Come off the bench and let Melo/Chandler work the post while they're in there. It is blatantly obvious that when all three are on the court, the offense SUCKS.

or

B) Get traded

Veteran

Give him until the trade deadline. This was a hectic year for Stat, But next year he'll have no excuses and should be very hungry...if this doesn't show within the first 10 or so games...he will clearly be seen as a hugh disappointment.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    If you subscribe to Melo needing a full offseason of workouts to meld with teammates then you have to allow amare the same slack, no?
    Overall it was a disappointing season for Melo too. However, Carmelo came much closer to earning his money then Stat did. And Amare is injury prone. Instead of wasting money on him and failing to be a championship team trade the bum and bring in a better supporting cast for Carmelo, Chandler, and Lin.

Superstar

Default Amare' and Melo

I do not believe it is worthwhile arguing about whether or not we should trade Amare' when the real question is whether we could trade Amare' for something -- including cap space --that has value. In my view we cannot. No team will take his uninsured contract without demanding we take its own costly detritus. I prefer Amare' to anything we are likely to receive for him.

Melo made some incredible shots last night against a premier defense and at a high percentage. But he took 31 shots. Amare' took 7. There is something wrong there. Notice how well the shots were distributed among the Heat.

We have to find a way for Melo, Amare' and Chandler to complement each other rather than taking up each other's space.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Overall it was a disappointing season for Melo too. However, Carmelo came much closer to earning his money then Stat did. And Amare is injury prone. Instead of wasting money on him and failing to be a championship team trade the bum and bring in a better supporting cast for Carmelo, Chandler, and Lin.
    Melo came closer b/c he was the focal point of the offense.

I can't see how you can say Melo needs an off-season to adjust to his teammates and learn his role in the offense, but then cast Amare off so quickly. Amare deserves the same amount of leeway as Melo in learning his role, in my opinion.

Veteran

I can't see how you can say Melo needs an off-season to adjust to his teammates and learn his role in the offense, but then cast Amare off so quickly. Amare deserves the same amount of leeway as Melo in learning his role, in my opinion.

I cannot watch Amare side step on defense....it makes the entire organization look weak......with that said if you can tade him great but if not then utilize him off the bench..........

Wait until the trade deadline and if **** still ain't working out with our big 3 then try and re-visit that trade that swirled around this past season of Amare and Tyson for D12 and Turk...just my 2 cents.

****ing clown is now running his mouth about wanting Nash here.

Nash is almost 40 years old. And way to disrespect Lin bro. You dumbass you are not a GM shut up.

Get rid of this ****ing idiot to anyone who will take him.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    No trades, give these guys one full season, people we played one of, if not, the best team in the NBA.Lets get healthy first, and see what we can do.
    anyone know when the Draft Lottery is? I'd like to know how the ping pongs drop!

I would trade him for the fire extinguisher. At least the fire extinguisher would kill the Heat.

God, I can't get over that fire extinguisher incident. That will be his legacy until he wins a Championship for Knicks.

Originally Posted by goNYgo
    Amar'e needs to either:

A) Come off the bench and let Melo/Chandler work the post while they're in there. It is blatantly obvious that when all three are on the court, the offense SUCKS.

or

B) Get traded
    the offense doesnt suck when no plays are being run and jr is jackin up 3s?

If u can show me where I said that Ill give u green rep. I believe I said he needs an offseason to work on his conditioning and get into great shape, hes already a star player but I think he has a chance of being a superstar.

If Amare was the focal point of our offense, well i guess the only good thing about that is we would have a lottery pick.

amare is wayyyyyyyy worth more than the compensation we'd get in return. you people act like he had a god awful season... his brother died, it was a short season, coaching change, lack of chemistry all year, constant lineup change, couldnt get treatment for his back during the lockout, etc. and then he has to hear it from all you people who were all over his nuts before we got melo and the people who at one point wanted melo gone, now want amare gone instead. nobody on the knicks really had a break this year, except maybe shumpert, but ESPECIALLY not amare

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    If u can show me where I said that Ill give u green rep. I believe I said he needs an offseason to work on his conditioning and get into great shape, hes already a star player but I think he has a chance of being a superstar.

If Amare was the focal point of our offense, well i guess the only good thing about that is we would have a lottery pick.
    watch melo in syracuse or denver, he was on the thinner side.. now when they show him running/jogging from behind u notice his big walrus ass.

i think melo wont be a superstar because he DOES NOT make others around him better like lebron does. he's just a pure scorer. thats really it.

and stop disrespecting amare. enough with that bull****. he's staying; no if and's or but's, so drop it.

Originally Posted by Hayato
    watch melo in syracuse or denver, he was on the thinner side.. now when they show him running/jogging from behind u notice his big walrus ass.

i think melo wont be a superstar because he DOES NOT make others around him better like lebron does. he's just a pure scorer. thats really it.

and stop disrespecting amare. enough with that bull****. he's staying; no if and's or but's, so drop it.
    Tell me son the **** u gonna do if i dont stop?