Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 172

Thread: You Have to Deal Melo AND Amar'e, Then We Can Build Around Lin

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    I still can't believe he said to get rid of Amare AND Melo. I just can't wrap my head around it. Just wonder where some peoples IQ are these days.
    iSaYughh has his valid point. Knicks is not a chip contender and their window is 3 years. With all the kinks in the team and salary cap to worry about, I dont see how we can become contender anytime soon.

    The Heat is a contender already and their window is also 3 years. For the next 3 years, Idk how Knicks can compete against Heat's big 3.

    I really envy OKC. They are a contender for chip this year and set for the next 4-5 years with long contracts for all their young key players.

    If Knicks want to look beyond 3 years, I would gut the team and get as many high future drafts as possible for the next year or two and built the team around our young talents in Shump and Lin, and/or possible Tyson. This is just another possibility we are exploring.

  2. #17
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Lin aint that good so please stop with build around Lin ****, he's good for our team but if the Knicks ever built around him, we'd be even worse, all we need is 2 way role players, not one dimensional ****s, also our stars(STAT and Melo) need to get their **** together

    please stop with the dumb ass threads

  3. #18
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Lin aint that good so please stop with build around Lin ****, he's good for our team but if the Knicks ever built around him, we'd be even worse, all we need is 2 way role players, not one dimensional ****s, also our stars(STAT and Melo) need to get their **** together

    please stop with the dumb ass threads
    Agreed. I'm not sold on Lin being a franchise player.

  4. #19
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Agreed. I'm not sold on Lin being a franchise player.
    love him as a PG for our team once we get everything together but franchise player, no way no how

  5. #20
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You guys realize Melo and Amar'e aren't doing **** for us?

    This is like when we were rationalizing the Francis-Marbury Seasons.

    It's messed up, what we have, but we have to go through it again.

    I wish Dolan would leave the team alone like he does the rangers.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Agreed. I'm not sold on Lin being a franchise player.
    I agree Lin is not a franchise player. But my point is, how will we compete with Heat with what we have for the next 3 years?? After the Heat series, it cast more doubts than answers.

    Cuban gutted Mavs last year after won the Final for the long term and most of their fans understood that. And look at all the current championship contenders this year, Clippers, OKC, Nuggets. There are lots of similarities:
    - built from drafts
    - Low salary cap
    - long contract with key players.

    Those are the teams which will be making runs at the Finals for the years to come. I am not saying Nolan will do what these owners did. Far from it! NYC is like LA; it needs to have its star players to draw money. IMO Knicks gutting the team is so unlikely.

  7. #22
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    You guys realize Melo and Amar'e aren't doing **** for us?

    This is like when we were rationalizing the Francis-Marbury Seasons.

    It's messed up, what we have, but we have to go through it again.

    I wish Dolan would leave the team alone like he does the rangers.
    you've lost your damn mind

    Melo and STAT nothing like Marbury/Francis

    They got a full training camp ahead of them, lots of potential to build

    it starts with devising a system to compliment both and implement everyone on the team

    they also need others, better 2 way players at the (1,2,5), too many guys are 1 dimensional and thats why we lost

  8. #23
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    That's what you gotta do.

    Look, these guys, perennial bums.

    Let's build a team for once. Build it around our Point. Put some team-minded players together.

    Get rid of the street ballers.

    That's the word.
    I sincerely hope the Knicks board has more sense than you do.

  9. #24
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    I still can't believe he said to get rid of Amare AND Melo. I just can't wrap my head around it. Just wonder where some peoples IQ are these days.
    Let me ask you what your motivation is to join a Knicks forum as a Heat fan?

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    While I don't think it's time to build our team around Lin yet, I believe Lin is already a franchise PG.

    a large team such as an [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] team might have a few franchise players at different positions. The term may be used alongside a particular position name to describe a player, such as a "franchise [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]".
    Anyway, I just wish we have at least 3 franchise players (like the Heat has) that are able to gel together.

    I always believe in a team sport like basketball, one superstar is simply not enough. We want to beat the Heat next year, we need to have our triangle formed as early as possible!

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    We're being way too impatient here. This season was a clusterf**k for us with so many changes going on. How about we wait and see what happens and try to keep as many of these guys as we can? JR will most likely be gone so we need to replace him and I'm still not sure about lin.

    Everyone is clamoring for Nash yet they fail to realize he's 38 years old and who knows how much mileage he has left.

    I say we keep as many guys as we can and hope we can get lucky with our late 2nd round pick.

  12. #27
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYNYK
    We're being way too impatient here. This season was a clusterf**k for us with so many changes going on. How about we wait and see what happens and try to keep as many of these guys as we can? JR will most likely be gone so we need to replace him and I'm still not sure about lin.

    Everyone is clamoring for Nash yet they fail to realize he's 38 years old and who knows how much mileage he has left.

    I say we keep as many guys as we can and hope we can get lucky with our late 2nd round pick.
    I mean this is the line that is dangerous, the line between patience and admitting mistake. This is some type of fallacy where people with hang on to something that is terrible because they cannot wrap their brains around the possibility that a mistake has been made.

    I don't view this as impatience, but smart moves. We have to admit this mistake and correct it.

    We were lucky with Lin and we can build around him. I would hire MDA again.

    But that won't happen, what will happen is we're going for another 5 mediocre years then more pain and more bad trades.

    Prognosis: NEGATIVE

  13. #28
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default


  14. #29
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Just stupid.

    I'm looking at the Denver model and how quickly they realized Nene was a mistake. They made moves and kept the ball rolling. Is it crazy to admit that Amar'e or Melo were mistakes?

    To be honest, I can't think of a player that would be a good fit around Carmelo. I peg this guy as an Iverson. I'm not going to sit here and give you the standard stuff on Carmelo being supremely talented, we know that. Right now we can cash in on Melo. Probably can't get what we gave up, but we can make a smart move.

    Amar'e can be moved, he only has three years left and a lot of game in the tank in the right offense. I'm looking at you, Minny.

  15. #30
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Just stupid.

    I'm looking at the Denver model and how quickly they realized Nene was a mistake. They made moves and kept the ball rolling. Is it crazy to admit that Amar'e or Melo were mistakes?

    To be honest, I can't think of a player that would be a good fit around Carmelo. I peg this guy as an Iverson. I'm not going to sit here and give you the standard stuff on Carmelo being supremely talented, we know that. Right now we can cash in on Melo. Probably can't get what we gave up, but we can make a smart move.

    Amar'e can be moved, he only has three years left and a lot of game in the tank in the right offense. I'm looking at you, Minny.
    So we tanked three seasons, traded away every loose piece we had to get two main guys...

    To trade them to build around a guy who has had 8 good weeks in the NBA?

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2013, 23:32
  2. Replies: 95
    Last Post: May 08, 2012, 00:33
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: Mar 06, 2011, 19:15
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2011, 22:26
  5. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •