Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: You Have to Deal Melo AND Amar'e, Then We Can Build Around Lin

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    I still can't believe he said to get rid of Amare AND Melo. I just can't wrap my head around it. Just wonder where some peoples IQ are these days.
    iSaYughh has his valid point. Knicks is not a chip contender and their window is 3 years. With all the kinks in the team and salary cap to worry about, I dont see how we can become contender anytime soon.

The Heat is a contender already and their window is also 3 years. For the next 3 years, Idk how Knicks can compete against Heat's big 3.

I really envy OKC. They are a contender for chip this year and set for the next 4-5 years with long contracts for all their young key players.

If Knicks want to look beyond 3 years, I would gut the team and get as many high future drafts as possible for the next year or two and built the team around our young talents in Shump and Lin, and/or possible Tyson. This is just another possibility we are exploring.

Lin aint that good so please stop with build around Lin ****, he's good for our team but if the Knicks ever built around him, we'd be even worse, all we need is 2 way role players, not one dimensional ****s, also our stars(STAT and Melo) need to get their **** together

please stop with the dumb ass threads

Originally Posted by CA7
    Lin aint that good so please stop with build around Lin ****, he's good for our team but if the Knicks ever built around him, we'd be even worse, all we need is 2 way role players, not one dimensional ****s, also our stars(STAT and Melo) need to get their **** together

please stop with the dumb ass threads
    Agreed. I'm not sold on Lin being a franchise player.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    love him as a PG for our team once we get everything together but franchise player, no way no how

You guys realize Melo and Amar'e aren't doing **** for us?

This is like when we were rationalizing the Francis-Marbury Seasons.

It's messed up, what we have, but we have to go through it again.

I wish Dolan would leave the team alone like he does the rangers.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    I agree Lin is not a franchise player. But my point is, how will we compete with Heat with what we have for the next 3 years?? After the Heat series, it cast more doubts than answers.

Cuban gutted Mavs last year after won the Final for the long term and most of their fans understood that. And look at all the current championship contenders this year, Clippers, OKC, Nuggets. There are lots of similarities:
    - built from drafts
    - Low salary cap
    - long contract with key players.

Those are the teams which will be making runs at the Finals for the years to come. I am not saying Nolan will do what these owners did. Far from it! NYC is like LA; it needs to have its star players to draw money. IMO Knicks gutting the team is so unlikely.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    You guys realize Melo and Amar'e aren't doing **** for us?

This is like when we were rationalizing the Francis-Marbury Seasons.

It's messed up, what we have, but we have to go through it again.

I wish Dolan would leave the team alone like he does the rangers.
    you've lost your damn mind

Melo and STAT nothing like Marbury/Francis

They got a full training camp ahead of them, lots of potential to build

it starts with devising a system to compliment both and implement everyone on the team

they also need others, better 2 way players at the (1,2,5), too many guys are 1 dimensional and thats why we lost

Superstar

That's what you gotta do.

Look, these guys, perennial bums.

Let's build a team for once. Build it around our Point. Put some team-minded players together.

Get rid of the street ballers.

That's the word.
    I sincerely hope the Knicks board has more sense than you do.

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    I still can't believe he said to get rid of Amare AND Melo. I just can't wrap my head around it. Just wonder where some peoples IQ are these days.
    Let me ask you what your motivation is to join a Knicks forum as a Heat fan?

While I don't think it's time to build our team around Lin yet, I believe Lin is already a franchise PG.

a large team such as an [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] team might have a few franchise players at different positions. The term may be used alongside a particular position name to describe a player, such as a "franchise [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]".
    Anyway, I just wish we have at least 3 franchise players (like the Heat has) that are able to gel together.

I always believe in a team sport like basketball, one superstar is simply not enough. We want to beat the Heat next year, we need to have our triangle formed as early as possible!

We're being way too impatient here. This season was a clusterf**k for us with so many changes going on. How about we wait and see what happens and try to keep as many of these guys as we can? JR will most likely be gone so we need to replace him and I'm still not sure about lin.

Everyone is clamoring for Nash yet they fail to realize he's 38 years old and who knows how much mileage he has left.

I say we keep as many guys as we can and hope we can get lucky with our late 2nd round pick.

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    We're being way too impatient here. This season was a clusterf**k for us with so many changes going on. How about we wait and see what happens and try to keep as many of these guys as we can? JR will most likely be gone so we need to replace him and I'm still not sure about lin.

Everyone is clamoring for Nash yet they fail to realize he's 38 years old and who knows how much mileage he has left.

I say we keep as many guys as we can and hope we can get lucky with our late 2nd round pick.
    I mean this is the line that is dangerous, the line between patience and admitting mistake. This is some type of fallacy where people with hang on to something that is terrible because they cannot wrap their brains around the possibility that a mistake has been made.

I don't view this as impatience, but smart moves. We have to admit this mistake and correct it.

We were lucky with Lin and we can build around him. I would hire MDA again.

But that won't happen, what will happen is we're going for another 5 mediocre years then more pain and more bad trades.

Prognosis: NEGATIVE

Just stupid.

I'm looking at the Denver model and how quickly they realized Nene was a mistake. They made moves and kept the ball rolling. Is it crazy to admit that Amar'e or Melo were mistakes?

To be honest, I can't think of a player that would be a good fit around Carmelo. I peg this guy as an Iverson. I'm not going to sit here and give you the standard stuff on Carmelo being supremely talented, we know that. Right now we can cash in on Melo. Probably can't get what we gave up, but we can make a smart move.

Amar'e can be moved, he only has three years left and a lot of game in the tank in the right offense. I'm looking at you, Minny.

Just stupid.

I'm looking at the Denver model and how quickly they realized Nene was a mistake. They made moves and kept the ball rolling. Is it crazy to admit that Amar'e or Melo were mistakes?

To be honest, I can't think of a player that would be a good fit around Carmelo. I peg this guy as an Iverson. I'm not going to sit here and give you the standard stuff on Carmelo being supremely talented, we know that. Right now we can cash in on Melo. Probably can't get what we gave up, but we can make a smart move.

Amar'e can be moved, he only has three years left and a lot of game in the tank in the right offense. I'm looking at you, Minny.
    So we tanked three seasons, traded away every loose piece we had to get two main guys...

To trade them to build around a guy who has had 8 good weeks in the NBA?