You Have to Deal Melo AND Amar'e, Then We Can Build Around Lin

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Is this an overall rating of ALL the PG in the league? Cause it's a little premature to even include Lin in that list. Rondo is the best pg in the league period. I hate to say it because he's a celtic but he can control and takeover the game from many aspects. He produces a matchup problem for all teams.

Lin is in the list because he's with the New York Knicks. And this is a fan site. :)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think it's Nash still.

Chris Paul still puts up great numbers, but he's not the same player he used to be. Of course, scoring wise, Nash isn't the same (though it seems he could if he chose to), but he plays with the same fire. I don't know if Chris Paul's injuries has been holding him back, or something has changed in him. He didn't have the games he had in this year's Playoffs as he did in last year's (in which he saved himself for).

I put Paul at number 2.

No way. Not w the way Paul plays D.

Other than Bron He's the best 2 way player in the league.

You have to factor in both ends of the court. Nash was not ever better than Paul because he never played D.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Offensively: Chris Paul > Rondo > Nash > Lin

Overall: Chris Paul > Rondo > Lin > Nash

Before the fanboys get offended, I'm not saying Lin and Nash are bad. I'm just saying Chris Paul is pretty much at the top and so is Rondo
Nash is pretty near the bottom of the list because of his defense
How is Lin better than Nash overall?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No way. Not w the way Paul plays D.

Other than Bron He's the best 2 way player in the league.

You have to factor in both ends of the court. Nash was not ever better than Paul because he never played D.
I do factor in his D. Obviously he's a much better defender. Nash, at least now, isn't as bad people say he is though. He gets at the right place at the right time.

I think Nash's offense is that good for it to be debatable though. Look how many wins he led his team without much help since Stoudemire left.

Rondo has shown to me, one of his biggest critics, that he is an exceptional passer this post-season, not just his HOF teammates being the reason he gets those assists. I don't think he's top 3 overall though. I don't think he would have gotten 44 points if not for him not being defended much, and you're not likely to see him have another game like that soon. He tries to do too much a lot as well.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Defense and Youth. Youth = Endurance. Nash is not getting old, he's already old.
I've been living in Phx..... I've seen Steve Nash play a lot of games........

Jeremy Lin's "D" is light years ahead of Nash. (The reason why I think Nash has never been able to win a title.) To give you an idea, Lin had three blocked shots in the game in Chicago which Derrick Rose aggravated his groin injury. (The injury occurred on one of Lin's blocks.) Nash never had three blocked shots in a game in his entire career!!

Lin has also a five steal game, which Nash achieved only once in his career. Nash's career has spanned 16 years.

Lin also sets screens and boxes out for rebounds. A lot more active away from the ball.

I personally think Steve Nash was overrated because he never really did much outside the statistical realm. He never was a good defender and always played passive without the ball. (I don't recall Nash ever diving for a loose ball or making a hustle play. Not exactly Rajon Rondo...... Could be why Nash has been able to last a long time.) Jeremy Lin on the other hand will run through back screens, and be the finisher as well as the facilitator.

Whoever gets Steve Nash next season will marvel at his assist numbers, but scratch their heads over why the team doesn't win.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I've been living in Phx..... I've seen Steve Nash play a lot of games........

Jeremy Lin's "D" is light years ahead of Nash. (The reason why I think Nash has never been able to win a title.) To give you an idea, Lin had three blocked shots in the game in Chicago which Derrick Rose aggravated his groin injury. (The injury occurred on one of Lin's blocks.) Nash never had three blocked shots in a game in his entire career!!

Lin has also a five steal game, which Nash achieved only once in his career. Nash's career has spanned 16 years.

Lin also sets screens and boxes out for rebounds. A lot more active away from the ball.

I personally think Steve Nash was overrated because he never really did much outside the statistical realm. He never was a good defender and always played passive without the ball. (I don't recall Nash ever diving for a loose ball or making a hustle play. Not exactly Rajon Rondo...... Could be why Nash has been able to last a long time.) Jeremy Lin on the other hand will run through back screens, and be the finisher as well as the facilitator.

Whoever gets Steve Nash next season will marvel at his assist numbers, but scratch their heads over why the team doesn't win.
Then how do you explain the Suns' amount of wins since Stoudemire left? I've watched a lot of Suns games on League Pass, and I've seen him amazingly keep his team in games.

I like Lin, but he hasn't proven to be anywhere near Nash's level. In fact Nash is better than anyone on offense on our team, maybe even Melo.

Youth? Lin was couldn't even play in the Playoffs, Nash is always in condition to play, and at a high level.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Offensively: Chris Paul > Rondo > Nash > Lin

Overall: Chris Paul > Rondo > Lin > Nash

Before the fanboys get offended, I'm not saying Lin and Nash are bad. I'm just saying Chris Paul is pretty much at the top and so is Rondo
Nash is pretty near the bottom of the list because of his defense

do u genuinely believe this?

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Listen you roll with all 3 this year. They finally get their offseason together, they got the coach "they" wanted. Melo and Amare should have some damn motivation after the playoff debacle. So I say we roll with this team this year. If the results remain the same, then its time to call it....

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I agree.

What do all the teams that managed to make it to the Conference Finals have in common?

They have a core group of players that has not changed over the past 2 years.

The Knicks cannot say that, and until they give their team more than a year to figure things out, they'll always be a first-round exit. When it comes to the playoffs, continuity in terms of roster and coaching is just as important as talent level.

I would rather have Nash than Lin at this point, but I do not think that is a realistic idea. Nash is by far the better player - his shortcomings on defense compared to Lin's are not as alarming as the fact that he is a far far better offensive player than Jeremy Lin will ever be. Jeremy Lin cannot run an offense like Nash does. Jeremy Lin cannot shoot like Nash does. Nash is both the best passer and the best shooter in the NBA today, and he has also conditioned his body extremely well. I bet he'll play for another 4 years.

That being said, as much as I like Nash, I do not think that his style of play would fit with Carmelo's.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I agree.

What do all the teams that managed to make it to the Conference Finals have in common?

They have a core group of players that has not changed over the past 2 years.

The Knicks cannot say that, and until they give their team more than a year to figure things out, they'll always be a first-round exit. When it comes to the playoffs, continuity in terms of roster and coaching is just as important as talent level.

I would rather have Nash than Lin at this point, but I do not think that is a realistic idea. Nash is by far the better player - his shortcomings on defense compared to Lin's are not as alarming as the fact that he is a far far better offensive player than Jeremy Lin will ever be. Jeremy Lin cannot run an offense like Nash does. Jeremy Lin cannot shoot like Nash does. Nash is both the best passer and the best shooter in the NBA today, and he has also conditioned his body extremely well. I bet he'll play for another 4 years.

That being said, as much as I like Nash, I do not think that his style of play would fit with Carmelo's.

"far far better offensive player than Jeremy Lin will ever be"?

Well, I hope you are not right about this. :)