STAT Knows What's Good For Him - Makes Public Plea To Nash

Nash is passed his prime but he lead the league in assist this year? This year was one of his best seasons stat wise so what are you talking about? Take away some turnovers because he was trying to create on his suck ass team, and its almost a perfect year. He almost took the suns to the playoffs dolo. You act like next year is his last smh. I'll tell you one thing he's farrrrrr from Baron and Bibby. If anyone can get Melos respect/trust as a floor general NASH CAN.

Steve Nash wants three years at the minimum. He's 38 years old, he will be 41 in three years. Who cares if he's ''farrrr'' better than Barron and Bibby. Adding him to the roster will not make the knicks a contender in the ''playoffs''. Adding Nash to the knicks just patches one of the many problems the knicks have, in the short term. The knicks need to move in a younger direction.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Exactly what i was thinking, by saying this Stat is basically saying he'd rather have Nash then Lin as his point guard. While i have nothing against that opinion, assume Lins back here next year (which is very likely), Stats complaining about his teammates. It made me sick when he kept talking about how "we have to play harder" before the playoffs and during the playoffs. Hes the biggest problem on the team, he needs to stop b*tchin and crying for Nash and take responsibility for his own self. I swear Nash is like his father, Nash looked out for Amare and got him that 100 million

100% :agreed:

To come fresh off a loss and basically declare that there's something missing. Is he admitting his own flaws? Is he eluding to the fact that he's not getting the ball enough?

Whatever it is, it's poorly timed and - as friggin' ever with this dude - executed with little foresight.

Honestly, Stoudemire needs a team of professional brainstormers to follow him round and advise him against his own stupidity. :eek:hboy:

Kiyaman

Legend
Exactly what i was thinking, by saying this Stat is basically saying he'd rather have Nash then Lin as his point guard. While i have nothing against that opinion, assume Lins back here next year (which is very likely), Stats complaining about his teammates. It made me sick when he kept talking about how "we have to play harder" before the playoffs and during the playoffs. Hes the biggest problem on the team, he needs to stop b*tchin and crying for Nash and take responsibility for his own self. I swear Nash is like his father, Nash looked out for Amare and got him that 100 million

Your thinking is wrong!

Nash floor leadership favors the entire lineup, not one or two players in a lineup.
There are only a few PG in the NBA with that type of strong-floor-leadership
CP3/Billups/Kidd/Rondo/Parker/Deron/and Rubio.....Nash just happen to be
the easiest of the other 7 PG for the Knicks to sign, plus resign Lin-Sanity too.

When u look back at the Knicks rotation in February & March compared to the Knicks
rotation in April & May, u too would agree with Amare.....we need a strong veteran
floor-leadership PG as a starter (Nash), so Lin-Sanity role is a backup who dont have
to put up with Melo"ISO"offense being forced on him as a starter for 48 minutes.
Recall......
When Mike Woodson took over as headcoach we won 6 games out of 7 games with Amare being the teams highest scorer of each of those 6 wins, with Melo scoring less than 20 points per game. Rather than glorify coach Woodson winning success some sports analyst/writers (media), and fans went for Lin-Sanity throat blaming Lin for the Knicks many turnovers and Melo's low scoring, forgetting about when Melo"ISO"offense return to the rotation after being out for weeks for a groin injury led to a 6 game losing streak which was the cause n effect to get coach Dantoni resignation.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;236074 said:
100% :agreed:

To come fresh off a loss and basically declare that there's something missing. Is he admitting his own flaws? Is he eluding to the fact that he's not getting the ball enough?

Whatever it is, it's poorly timed and - as friggin' ever with this dude - executed with little foresight.

Honestly, Stoudemire needs a team of professional brainstormers to follow him round and advise him against his own stupidity. :eek:hboy:

Crazy.....didnt we do the impossible by beating Miami one game of that series?
u dont think a bandage-hand Stat had alot to do with that WIN?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What's your point?

Crazy.....didnt we do the impossible by beating Miami one game of that series?
u dont think a bandage-hand Stat had alot to do with that WIN?

He did. He absolutely did because he played well. Because he's a good player.

In that game. That one game. Singular, sole, lone, however you want to put it.

Similar to how he played his most inspired ball of the season defensively when Woodson took over, as did Melo. In that frame, that one frame of time during the season.

He also had an inconsistent season. A career worst season. He also bombarded the media with all the right words. He also showed a lack of desire to do a lot more than execute verbally. He also punched glass and took himself out of the pivotal game 3. He also was one of the last faces to show for a shortened training camp before the start of the season - something none seem to remember.

So my question to you is - what's your point? Because whatever your point is, it has very little to do with my points: a lack of intelligence, an aptitude to say one thing and do another (or promise results but play no hand in delivering them) and an unparalleled sense of sh!t timing are 3 traits that Stoudemire has.

I'm talking about psychology with Stoudemire.

He has all the game in the world, but, at least it appears that, he doesn't have the mind to master it.

KingCharles34

All Star
Your thinking is wrong!

Nash floor leadership favors the entire lineup, not one or two players in a lineup.
There are only a few PG in the NBA with that type of strong-floor-leadership
CP3/Billups/Kidd/Rondo/Parker/Deron/and Rubio.....Nash just happen to be
the easiest of the other 7 PG for the Knicks to sign, plus resign Lin-Sanity too.

When u look back at the Knicks rotation in February & March compared to the Knicks
rotation in April & May, u too would agree with Amare.....we need a strong veteran
floor-leadership PG as a starter (Nash), so Lin-Sanity role is a backup who dont have
to put up with Melo"ISO"offense being forced on him as a starter for 48 minutes.
Recall......
When Mike Woodson took over as headcoach we won 6 games out of 7 games with Amare being the teams highest scorer of each of those 6 wins, with Melo scoring less than 20 points per game. Rather than glorify coach Woodson winning success some sports analyst/writers (media), and fans went for Lin-Sanity throat blaming Lin for the Knicks many turnovers and Melo's low scoring, forgetting about when Melo"ISO"offense return to the rotation after being out for weeks for a groin injury led to a 6 game losing streak which was the cause n effect to get coach Dantoni resignation.
Your post really wasnt on the topic of what i was saying. Mr. Kiyaman, what you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Wasn't Nash a horrible defender even in his prime?

There are lots of people out there who blame Nash's and Amare's poor defense for Phoenix zero rings.

I thought the 'new Knicks' under Woodson were all about defense and such...just saying.

Nash is obviously a fantastic playmaker and very good jump shooter, but Deron Williams for example is a great defender too.....

skisloper

Starter
Wasn't Nash a horrible defender even in his prime?

There are lots of people out there who blame Nash's and Amare's poor defense for Phoenix zero rings.

I thought the 'new Knicks' under Woodson were all about defense and such...just saying.

Nash is obviously a fantastic playmaker and very good jump shooter, but Deron Williams for example is a great defender too.....

And how do u suggest we get Deron Williams ?

Red

TYPE-A
>.< you beat me to this, was just about to post it ha.

Lets face it Amare is not getting traded not even to the bobcats, nobody is taking on that contract we all have to grasp this simple fact in.

I highly doubt Melo will get traded either... Between Lin + Melo = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in Dolans pockets. we all have to the grasp that simple fact as well hate it or love it.

IMO, why not Nash? WHY the hell not?

Lets break it down

Nash last time i checked was looking for a 3 year deal this summer WE SHOULD GIVE IT TO HIM and here's why

1. -Nash is the perfect mentor for Lin. I know ALOT of you like Lin as a starter but why not him come off the bench?? to win in this league unless your the Miami heat a STRONG BENCH IS A MUST.

2. -We are stuck with Amare right? what PG in this league knows Amare better than NASH? if we are going to be stuck with Amare we might as well reunite these two

3.- Nash presence on the floor will take much needed pressure off Carmelo as well as control the amount of shots he will be taking.

4.- Nash can also be the key to Chandlers effectiveness offensively, all Chandler needs is a PG to get him going and we seen what LIN was able to do with Chandler Just imagine a Nas/Chandler P&R with Amare & Carmelo as your other options to dish it to.

5.- Nash makes EVERYONE on the floor better & controls the tempo of games at ALL TIMES. Lin makes people better but he not of yet is able to control tempos of a game ( in time his skills will develop)

6.- NASH is in F*cking great shape <-- no homo he can do 3 more years

7- - MELO/CHANLDER/AMARE come off the books 2014/2015 season, if we give Nash the 3 year deal he desires he is coming off the books in 3 years.

You maybe wondering what happens to Lin, well its simple... give him the MLE every year and have him come off the bench as nashes backup until the 2014/2015 season were Amare,Chandler,Nash and Melo would all come off the books if their still here. Then we can sign LIN to a big extension contract and rebuild all over while building around LIN who should be a franchise player by then. Of course this only works if LIN is willing to ride the bench for 3 years
:beer:

You make valid points, more so for offense...

But last I checked defense wins.

And last I checked Nash isn't by any means a defensive upgrade. To continue, Lin isn't exactly a defensive stalwart and our best perimeter defender is a year away from regaining form (which he needed to improve in certain areas also).

Add the fact that STAT in relation to his $ is overrated, and he too may be a defensive liability.

That means FOUR positions are lacking on D, with ONE (Melo) receiving a pass due to his offense.

That's a recipe for disaster. That in no way is an improvement thus we'll be a step back from where we were which is nowhere close.

Nash may be a consolation, but he ain't the answer.

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
You make valid points, more so for offense...

But last I checked defense wins.

And last I checked Nash isn't by any means a defensive upgrade. To continue, Lin isn't exactly a defensive stalwart and our best perimeter defender is a year away from regaining form (which he needed to improve in certain areas also).

Add the fact that STAT in relation to his $ is overrated, and he too may be a defensive liability.

That means FOUR positions are lacking on D, with ONE (Melo) receiving a pass due to his offense.

That's a recipe for disaster. That in no way is an improvement thus we'll be a step back from where we were which is nowhere close.

Nash may be a consolation, but he ain't the answer.
I agree Nash is not a defensive upgrade, but he's not Terrible either he puts in the effort to keep his man in front of him, he's not always successful but he does put in the effort. The run and gun suns were never a defensive mentality team and Nobody on the Knicks were Defensive minded to begin with minus Shump, Chandler and jeffries and they were the reason this Knicks team improved on defense gradually.

Defense does win games, but what happens when you do play defense then rely on one man (Carmelo) to make every shot for you because your offense is stagnant? I've witnessed Mario Chalmers put his foot up Lin's a$$ and completely take him out his game, Lin will be good for us for long time purposes, but right now we want to win Melo is in his prime,Chandler is in his prime, Stat is still somewhat in his prime on the road to declining.

I dont think keeping Lin and signing Nash is a step back it's a huge improvement. Nash can mentor Lin, and Nash is probably our best shot to beat the heat in reality. Last i checked Nash almost took his Suns team to the playoffs this year in the WEST with a limited roster, and if im not mistaken he led the league in assits. Pairing him back up with Amare, gives us the best of Amare, takes a load of pressure off Melo and also makes chandler effective on both ends of the floor. If you have a chance to bring nash to the knicks you do it. a Nash/Lin tandem at the point is probably the best PG rotation in this league.

What do you prefer? A floor general Steve Nash OR Lin coming pass half court to set up Melo or Stat for a 1 vs 1 iso?

sign a Knock down shooter who also plays defense and insert him into the starting lineup and you got yourself a legit playoff run.
Plus you'll have shump coming back in January, i think the defense would be just fine in the long run. Mike woodson is a defensive minded coach and when ever your coach demands defense your players will make the effort to play defense, we saw it with Melo and Jr last season. We also saw Woodson get on Amare when he would not put in the effort on defense, i think next season overall we will see a much higher defensive effort from this team.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
It;s like having Joe Montana mentor Steve young or Bret Farve Show Arron Rodgers how it's done. Having Nash to help develop Lin is an AMAZING opportunity that would be fantastic for the knicks. Nash is one of those rare specimens of people that has his conditioning to a very fine point. I think the guy could play in the NBA until he was 50 if he wanted!

He is also a very good human being, a very well rounded athlete, a great locker room presence and floor general. He is a better defender then people give him credit and with tyson chandler in the paint he would be able to play his preferred defensive style (up-tempo, active hands/feet, in shooter space). He is a 3 point sharp shooter, which is a weakness for us. He spreads the floor and is an adequate scoring threat to give melo and amar'e the space they need to co-exist. I honestly believe with Nash and a full training camp we would be a contender next year.

Now i've got my biases because he's a Canadian like me, but it doesn't take away the fact that even at 38 he's among the top PG's in the league. If you could get John Stockton on the knicks at any point in his career, wouldn't you??? Only PG that may have held a candle in the last 20 years is starbury

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
Don't rule out him coming here for less money. People here really have ignored the first sentence of the post, "everyone knows Steve loves New York." I'm telling you guys this is an understatement...There was talk of LeBron coming here bc New York is so great, blah blah blah, but Steve Nash actually lives here during the summer, and has been doing so for a decade. He has kids who live in the city...the man is 38; maybe a longer contract for a little less money is OK for him to see his kids on a more frequent basis. Also, the whole lin situation might be an enticing challenge for a guy like him.

Of course, if miami, Okc or La offer the MLE, we will probably be out of luck bc i'm sure he is dying for a ring.

CA7

Scoring Champ
If we get Nash, Melo has to continue playing passionate D and STAT has to start it. With Chandler and Shumpert as our primary defenders and Nash/Anthony/Stoudemire holding down the O. Our starting unit would be fine. Smith, Fields, Novak, Jeffries and Lin all play their roles and not try to do to much *cough*Lin and Smith*cough*. We'd get the 2 seed in the East

Red

TYPE-A
I agree Nash is not a defensive upgrade, but he's not Terrible either he puts in the effort to keep his man in front of him, he's not always successful but he does put in the effort. The run and gun suns were never a defensive mentality team and Nobody on the Knicks were Defensive minded to begin with minus Shump, Chandler and jeffries and they were the reason this Knicks team improved on defense gradually.

Defense does win games, but what happens when you do play defense then rely on one man (Carmelo) to make every shot for you because your offense is stagnant? I've witnessed Mario Chalmers put his foot up Lin's a$$ and completely take him out his game, Lin will be good for us for long time purposes, but right now we want to win Melo is in his prime,Chandler is in his prime, Stat is still somewhat in his prime on the road to declining.

I dont think keeping Lin and signing Nash is a step back it's a huge improvement. Nash can mentor Lin, and Nash is probably our best shot to beat the heat in reality. Last i checked Nash almost took his Suns team to the playoffs this year in the WEST with a limited roster, and if im not mistaken he led the league in assits. Pairing him back up with Amare, gives us the best of Amare, takes a load of pressure off Melo and also makes chandler effective on both ends of the floor. If you have a chance to bring nash to the knicks you do it. a Nash/Lin tandem at the point is probably the best PG rotation in this league.

What do you prefer? A floor general Steve Nash OR Lin coming pass half court to set up Melo or Stat for a 1 vs 1 iso?

sign a Knock down shooter who also plays defense and insert him into the starting lineup and you got yourself a legit playoff run.
Plus you'll have shump coming back in January, i think the defense would be just fine in the long run. Mike woodson is a defensive minded coach and when ever your coach demands defense your players will make the effort to play defense, we saw it with Melo and Jr last season. We also saw Woodson get on Amare when he would not put in the effort on defense, i think next season overall we will see a much higher defensive effort from this team.

I could be off but IMO the "come and mentor" **** is overblown. Guys don't want to come and be some ones coach. Given the circumstance where say a player has already achieved success and is on his last contract, perhaps. But most want to win and think they can contribute (not by coaching a youngster). I think this is far fetched. Especially if you think a player will for less $.

These guys think they can still compete.

And as far as defense, my point goes back to what I analyzed a month back when we were bumped. If we are to be taken serious, our team must be built to compete with the HEAT, at least our starting 5 must be.

Minus TC (DPOY) & Melo, no one left can berelied upon on D. How can we rely on Lin when he's hurt? When healthy he was a bit soft on D.

Or Shump... knee injuries? That's no good. My point is even when HEALTHY they needed improvement.

And STAT has the matador defense down pat.

So is Nash an improvement in the areas we need? No, IMO he may improve the offensive flow, but on D no. So why would we want to spend the little remaining $ to get something we don't need? That's not wise IMO.

I've had enough of the courting the "vets" who state their interest and use that as leverage. We must use whatever assets we have (sans TC & Melo) to improve our back-court or we will fail. That means trade, draft, or open up to sign a F/A. And that player must be an IMPROVEMENT (on O & D) or what's the point?