Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STAT Knows What's Good For Him - Makes Public Plea To Nash

Default Seriously?

Don't want Nash here. He's past his prime. Knick's fan's seriously need to stop with this type of thinking!

''Stop looking for the quick FIX''

I bet other franchises love the Knicks ''Quick let's patch it up'' Approach.

No, that Shi* ends Today!.

Originally Posted by ThePeoplesChamp!
    Don't want Nash here. He's past his prime. Knick's fan's seriously need to stop with this type of thinking!

''Stop looking for the quick FIX''

I bet other franchises love the Knicks ''Quick let's patch it up'' Approach.

No, that Shi* ends Today!.
    Nash is passed his prime but he lead the league in assist this year? This year was one of his best seasons stat wise so what are you talking about? Take away some turnovers because he was trying to create on his suck ass team, and its almost a perfect year. He almost took the suns to the playoffs dolo. You act like next year is his last smh. I'll tell you one thing he's farrrrrr from Baron and Bibby. If anyone can get Melos respect/trust as a floor general NASH CAN.

If you watched Game 7 of the Clips-Grizz series, Jeremy L-errrrr Chris Paul was shut down offensively, but he won the game with defense and rebounding.......... I've never seen Steve Nash win a game like that.

Reminded me of so much of how Jeremy Lin won those games in Indy and Philly.....

Steve Nash will never win a big game because if he's shut down offensively, he can't find other ways to win. This is why he's always come up short in the post season. Even when he played with Amare.

But then again, if the Suns do get Lin in a trade with Nash, I'll buy season tix........ I happen to live in Phx.

People have said Jeremy Lin is only "slightly better" than Steve Nash defensively..........

Well Jeremy Lin had five steals in a game (against Dallas) in his abbreviated season....... (He had 4 steals in three other games.) How many times has Steve Nash done that in his 16-year career? JUST ONCE!

(Nash had three steals in a game only once this season. His last 4-steal game was on March 3, 2009.)

And Jeremy Lin had three blocked shots in a game in this shortened season (the game in Chicago where Derrick Rose got hurt on one of those plays)......... How many times has Steve Nash done that in his 16-year career? NEVER!!!!

no worries Nash will end up in Orlando with MDA, then if we are lucky we can send Stat to join them. Everyone wins!

rather develop Lin, could be that diamond in the rough that we have missed many years

Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Nash is passed his prime but he lead the league in assist this year? This year was one of his best seasons stat wise so what are you talking about? Take away some turnovers because he was trying to create on his suck ass team, and its almost a perfect year. He almost took the suns to the playoffs dolo. You act like next year is his last smh. I'll tell you one thing he's farrrrrr from Baron and Bibby. If anyone can get Melos respect/trust as a floor general NASH CAN.

Steve Nash wants three years at the minimum. He's 38 years old, he will be 41 in three years. Who cares if he's ''farrrr'' better than Barron and Bibby. Adding him to the roster will not make the knicks a contender in the ''playoffs''. Adding Nash to the knicks just patches one of the many problems the knicks have, in the short term. The knicks need to move in a younger direction.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Exactly what i was thinking, by saying this Stat is basically saying he'd rather have Nash then Lin as his point guard. While i have nothing against that opinion, assume Lins back here next year (which is very likely), Stats complaining about his teammates. It made me sick when he kept talking about how "we have to play harder" before the playoffs and during the playoffs. Hes the biggest problem on the team, he needs to stop b*tchin and crying for Nash and take responsibility for his own self. I swear Nash is like his father, Nash looked out for Amare and got him that 100 million
    100%

To come fresh off a loss and basically declare that there's something missing. Is he admitting his own flaws? Is he eluding to the fact that he's not getting the ball enough?

Whatever it is, it's poorly timed and - as friggin' ever with this dude - executed with little foresight.

Honestly, Stoudemire needs a team of professional brainstormers to follow him round and advise him against his own stupidity.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Exactly what i was thinking, by saying this Stat is basically saying he'd rather have Nash then Lin as his point guard. While i have nothing against that opinion, assume Lins back here next year (which is very likely), Stats complaining about his teammates. It made me sick when he kept talking about how "we have to play harder" before the playoffs and during the playoffs. Hes the biggest problem on the team, he needs to stop b*tchin and crying for Nash and take responsibility for his own self. I swear Nash is like his father, Nash looked out for Amare and got him that 100 million

Your thinking is wrong!

Nash floor leadership favors the entire lineup, not one or two players in a lineup.
    There are only a few PG in the NBA with that type of strong-floor-leadership
    CP3/Billups/Kidd/Rondo/Parker/Deron/and Rubio.....Nash just happen to be
    the easiest of the other 7 PG for the Knicks to sign, plus resign Lin-Sanity too.

When u look back at the Knicks rotation in February & March compared to the Knicks
    rotation in April & May, u too would agree with Amare.....we need a strong veteran
    floor-leadership PG as a starter (Nash), so Lin-Sanity role is a backup who dont have
    to put up with Melo"ISO"offense being forced on him as a starter for 48 minutes.
    Recall......
    When Mike Woodson took over as headcoach we won 6 games out of 7 games with Amare being the teams highest scorer of each of those 6 wins, with Melo scoring less than 20 points per game. Rather than glorify coach Woodson winning success some sports analyst/writers (media), and fans went for Lin-Sanity throat blaming Lin for the Knicks many turnovers and Melo's low scoring, forgetting about when Melo"ISO"offense return to the rotation after being out for weeks for a groin injury led to a 6 game losing streak which was the cause n effect to get coach Dantoni resignation.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    100%

To come fresh off a loss and basically declare that there's something missing. Is he admitting his own flaws? Is he eluding to the fact that he's not getting the ball enough?

Whatever it is, it's poorly timed and - as friggin' ever with this dude - executed with little foresight.

Honestly, Stoudemire needs a team of professional brainstormers to follow him round and advise him against his own stupidity.

Crazy.....didnt we do the impossible by beating Miami one game of that series?
    u dont think a bandage-hand Stat had alot to do with that WIN?

Question Mark What's your point?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Crazy.....didnt we do the impossible by beating Miami one game of that series?
    u dont think a bandage-hand Stat had alot to do with that WIN?
    He did. He absolutely did because he played well. Because he's a good player.

In that game. That one game. Singular, sole, lone, however you want to put it.

Similar to how he played his most inspired ball of the season defensively when Woodson took over, as did Melo. In that frame, that one frame of time during the season.

He also had an inconsistent season. A career worst season. He also bombarded the media with all the right words. He also showed a lack of desire to do a lot more than execute verbally. He also punched glass and took himself out of the pivotal game 3. He also was one of the last faces to show for a shortened training camp before the start of the season - something none seem to remember.

So my question to you is - what's your point? Because whatever your point is, it has very little to do with my points: a lack of intelligence, an aptitude to say one thing and do another (or promise results but play no hand in delivering them) and an unparalleled sense of sh!t timing are 3 traits that Stoudemire has.

I'm talking about psychology with Stoudemire.

He has all the game in the world, but, at least it appears that, he doesn't have the mind to master it.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Your thinking is wrong!

Nash floor leadership favors the entire lineup, not one or two players in a lineup.
    There are only a few PG in the NBA with that type of strong-floor-leadership
    CP3/Billups/Kidd/Rondo/Parker/Deron/and Rubio.....Nash just happen to be
    the easiest of the other 7 PG for the Knicks to sign, plus resign Lin-Sanity too.

When u look back at the Knicks rotation in February & March compared to the Knicks
    rotation in April & May, u too would agree with Amare.....we need a strong veteran
    floor-leadership PG as a starter (Nash), so Lin-Sanity role is a backup who dont have
    to put up with Melo"ISO"offense being forced on him as a starter for 48 minutes.
    Recall......
    When Mike Woodson took over as headcoach we won 6 games out of 7 games with Amare being the teams highest scorer of each of those 6 wins, with Melo scoring less than 20 points per game. Rather than glorify coach Woodson winning success some sports analyst/writers (media), and fans went for Lin-Sanity throat blaming Lin for the Knicks many turnovers and Melo's low scoring, forgetting about when Melo"ISO"offense return to the rotation after being out for weeks for a groin injury led to a 6 game losing streak which was the cause n effect to get coach Dantoni resignation.
    Your post really wasnt on the topic of what i was saying. Mr. Kiyaman, what you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I cant wait to hear stats plea to learn to play some defense

Wasn't Nash a horrible defender even in his prime?

There are lots of people out there who blame Nash's and Amare's poor defense for Phoenix zero rings.

I thought the 'new Knicks' under Woodson were all about defense and such...just saying.

Nash is obviously a fantastic playmaker and very good jump shooter, but Deron Williams for example is a great defender too.....

Veteran

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Wasn't Nash a horrible defender even in his prime?

There are lots of people out there who blame Nash's and Amare's poor defense for Phoenix zero rings.

I thought the 'new Knicks' under Woodson were all about defense and such...just saying.

Nash is obviously a fantastic playmaker and very good jump shooter, but Deron Williams for example is a great defender too.....
    And how do u suggest we get Deron Williams ?

Originally Posted by skisloper
    And how do u suggest we get Deron Williams ?
    Give them STAT