Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: STAT Knows What's Good For Him - Makes Public Plea To Nash

Superstar

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Nash has made is money and is looking for an opportunity to win in the last 3 years of his career. I think coming to the knicks makes the most sense for him of any situation outside of going to the miami heat, which I'm not sure if that is possible or not.

Nash, Shump, Melo, STAT, TC - That looks like a pretty stacked team to me!
    That's true, but only if STAT decides to play so damn D, we can't afford 2 players who don't play any D, we just can't.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    That's true, but only if STAT decides to play so damn D, we can't afford 2 players who don't play any D, we just can't.
    As bad as Nash is he's better at D for his position than STAT is for his . . . these days anyway, sad but true.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ThePeoplesChamp!
    Don't want Nash here. He's past his prime. Knick's fan's seriously need to stop with this type of thinking!

''Stop looking for the quick FIX''

I bet other franchises love the Knicks ''Quick let's patch it up'' Approach.

No, that Shi* ends Today!.
    Nash has been the been the best offensive PG in the NBA for a decade already, and is more than a quick fix fool. He's a franchise changer and will put the Knicks on the elite status with Chicago being Rose-less and Boston going through a decline. Only team in the East are Miami and the Pacers.

2013 is our best shot to win it all. I rather win one championship, then break down what will be an old declining team in 2014 and start rebuilding through the draft for a new future after Melo, Stat, Chandler are pass their primes.

We have to WIN NOW if we're keeping Melo, Stat, and Tyson as the core. I'm against that mentality and like the way Chicago, OKC, and Spurs do their franchise

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Nash has been the been the best offensive PG in the NBA for a decade already, and is more than a quick fix fool. He's a franchise changer and will put the Knicks on the elite status with Chicago being Rose-less and Boston going through a decline. Only team in the East are Miami and the Pacers.

2013 is our best shot to win it all. I rather win one championship, then break down what will be an old declining team in 2014 and start rebuilding through the draft for a new future after Melo, Stat, Chandler are pass their primes.

We have to WIN NOW if we're keeping Melo, Stat, and Tyson as the core. I'm against that mentality and like the way Chicago, OKC, and Spurs do their franchise
    Fans don't understand that the Knicks haven't won in thirty nine years. Plus, our current core is going to be around a good number of years, it's not like spending the MLE on someone that age is gonna crush the future.

Default Nash = No Lin... So no Nash...

Nash is old legs and Defense Liability..Amare wants him because he doesn't want to learn to post...You need Defense to win in the East....A back up like Miller Flynn..or even Felton..makes more sense cause Lin is goin got start..You can't give Nash 3yr deal...Unless we had a Stud at 2nd Guard which we don't...

also Nash will not come to us for 3 million. And I really don't want to risk the full MLE on him.

Veteran

Wouldn't it be interesting if since Houston is trying to land a "big name" player if they can't land Dwight Howard (rumors lean to Josh Smith) that they take a chance on say Amare for a very discounted price?

They have a lot of cap space (22 million at least I believe) and if are interested in making a splash they use that to trade for Amare (probably a pick or two at most) and sign Steve Nash as well. Theyd have the money to do both and with the old Western conference connection it's a possibility.. just an interesting thought.. and wishful thinking

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Wouldn't it be interesting if since Houston is trying to land a "big name" player if they can't land Dwight Howard (rumors lean to Josh Smith) that they take a chance on say Amare for a very discounted price?

They have a lot of cap space (22 million at least I believe) and if are interested in making a splash they use that to trade for Amare (probably a pick or two at most) and sign Steve Nash as well. Theyd have the money to do both and with the old Western conference connection it's a possibility.. just an interesting thought.. and wishful thinking
    nobody wants amare.. i hear bobcats are shopping there 2nd pick in the draft maybe they are desperate enough to trade it to us for Amare lol

Nash will ball at a high level for AT LEAST three more years.

Look at Jason Kidd, they said he was too old when he was traded to Dallas, but he won the championship after more years on the body.

I would rather not have both Nash and Mike D than have both Nash and Mike D....thats how bad of a coach Mike D is

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I would rather not have both Nash and Mike D than have both Nash and Mike D....thats how bad of a coach Mike D is
    I would rep you for that statement but it says I can't keep giving you rep points for making on point analysis's