Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who else is rooting for the DENVER KNICKERBOCKERS?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The Nuggets have been my 2nd favorite team for the last 10 years, ever since I moved out here from NY.

I was at the game last night. 18th row. That was fun. Lawson was unstoppable, Corey Brewer was huge off the bench and Faried is non-stop hustle, he shut down Gasol. Gallo was very solid. He is probably that team's best penetrate and dish player. His passing skills are off the chart and I'm surprised D'Antoni didn't use him in the pick-and-roll more often. Mozgov played Bynum very well last night. He actually played better than McGee.

I don't expect the Nuggets to be winning a championship but I would be completely satisfied if they can SOMEHOW beat the Lakers in Game 7. The Nuggets are a better team than the Knicks and are in a better spot going forward.

did we forget that we could've had Deron Williams on the cheap if we passed up Melo and let him wait until the summer? i would've loved that move.

Veteran

It's a fun team. And a well-built team.

They had a similar effect as we did pre-Melo:

they are able to challenge superior teams, by the collective force of their style of play, and the whole being worth more than the sum of parts. And ya, they are young enough and have the cap space to be in a position to rationally build a bit more to actually challenge the NBA elite.

Also, I can't help but find it hilarious (even though it *is* true), that many of the same people rationalizing us getting our asses handed to us by MIA (Chandler sick for Game1, Shumpert injured, Amare hand etc etc) acted like complete ****ing tards when we get swept by the Celtics, just bc their dicks got hard every time they had a chance to try to attack the MDA Straw Man.

When the truth is, we were much more legitimately competitive vs the Celtics last year, than vs MIA this year, despite being more deterred by injury, and being much less talented overall.

Veteran

Oh. And this can't be overstated:

Gallo obv isn't Melo. But that is also sorta the point (and potentially crippling problem for us).

He's getting paid close to half, and is infinitely more flexible as a player and NBA'er, which as huge consequences to a franchise and it's ability to build, and not revolve around one player.

And Dolan is all about revolving around Melo at this point.

Thus, Melo will continue to be treated as The Guy for us -- a true batman.

Which is precisely why DEN fans, coach, and franchise felt such relief in trading him.

Maybe Melo will become that guy; but clearly there are some very wise people who don't think it's wise to bank on that (obv Dolan isn't one of those people).

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Exactly. First off, what kind of "what if comic book" is this thread anyway. More of that "wish we still had Gallo" bs to be sure. First of all, that was Ty Lawson and Andre Miller kicking' up dust, not the former KNICKS. Gallo got shaken and dumped by Kobe, tried a FIFA style flop, got a jumper in his teeth, then scolded by the ref for flopping. Wilson is a non-factor hurt and MOZ is average at best.

Great analysis of our series with Miami. If STAT doesn't make himself unavailable for game 3, its different series. And the rest of the injuries wiped us out.

This series vs Miami.....prove we made the wrong move in the David Lee trade, which cause n effect force us to make an even bigger wrong move in the Melo-trade.

The Miami Heats big-3 performance never took our Knicks players out of their game in the series, it was Melo & JR offense/defense performance that took their teammates out of the game.....I looked at Shumpert stats in the first game before his injury, and the Miami Heats 31 point lead at the time of Shumps injury pointed to no help-defense from Melo & JR, plus the two didnt allow Shump to take part in the offense. All Miami bigmen were either scoreless or had 4 points in the Heats 31 point lead.
    We all know how many shots Amare & Novak average in this series...

Originally Posted by blahwoop
    did we forget that we could've had Deron Williams on the cheap if we passed up Melo and let him wait until the summer? i would've loved that move.
    Yeah, me too. That would have been great.

Or, the old team + $18 mil in cap space last summer could have traded for CP3 and signed additional players.

*sigh* We could've been contending for a title this year. Oh well.

Veteran

The Denver Nuggets franchise has always built their team to be a decent playoff team since being in the ABA. The Nuggets Franchise never spent money to build a contender around their star player before Melo arrived.
    Melo cost the Nuggets Franchise more than what he was worth, making Denver one of the crying teams of losing money for years in the CBA lockout.

The Knicks bailed-out the Denver Nuggets, the sameway the Knicks bailed-out the Phoenix Suns by taking Marbury, Penny, and Q.Richardson high $$$ contract off their hands.....making both organization a better and cheaper team.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Denver Nuggets franchise has always built their team to be a decent playoff team since being in the ABA. The Nuggets Franchise never spent money to build a contender around their star player before Melo arrived.
    Melo cost the Nuggets Franchise more than what he was worth, making Denver one of the crying teams of losing money for years in the CBA lockout.

The Knicks bailed-out the Denver Nuggets, the sameway the Knicks bailed-out the Phoenix Suns by taking Marbury, Penny, and Q.Richardson high $$$ contract off their hands.....making both organization a better and cheaper team.
    This is what seperates the smart fans from the stupid fans.

Smart fans can identify the the formula of fail...stupid fans fall for the bait and believe the hype.

Melo trade will always be a terrible deal no matter how you look at it.

Denver is my second favorite team

They have former Knicks

They have players that I wish would have been with our former Knicks like Ty Lawson, Afflalo, Faried, Magee, etc

They are a legit team with no star

They have a good old school coach

I like their baby blue jerseys

My father was the Dr. of Kenneth Faried's family so we have some ties there which is pretty cool

I cant say Im really rooting for them. I like Ty Lawson and Mozgov but seeing them win only adds fuel for people to **** on the Knicks.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I don't expect the Nuggets to be winning a championship but I would be completely satisfied if they can SOMEHOW beat the Lakers in Game 7. The Nuggets are a better team than the Knicks and are in a better spot going forward.
    Wouldn't that be hilarious but at the same time sad if Nuggets win the Championship and we have Melo? That would be a big fat slap on Dolan's face and a hard kick on Melo's butt.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Gallo > Melo.

I'm serious.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    [SIZE=3]no help-defense from Melo & JR, plus the two didnt allow Shump to take part in the offense. [...] We all know how many shots Amare & Novak average in this series...
    Amen. Everybody who played on a team with a black hole knows the effect this has on you: Less effort on defense. Why do you think does CP3 pass it to Jordan even though he could get the easy two: You reward him on offense so that he is giving you 100% on defense. It's not rocket science.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Gallo > Melo.

I'm serious.
    EFF +27. Did you see why Lawson got so many open threes? They have to respect Gallo's shot as well as his cuts. Nevertheless, he is willing to pass the ball to the hot hand. Also Karl is superior to Woodson. Fields is playing well? Bench him, crush his confidence.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Gallo > Melo.

I'm serious.

Wow. You shouldn't be allowed to post after saying something like this.

Originally Posted by MadJack

Wow. You shouldn't be allowed to post after saying something like this.

Deron>Melo