Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62

Thread: Smith leaning toward staying with Knicks (will opt-in)

  1. #16
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Let him leave or if he stays limit his minutes. JR is dumbass chucker, D'Antoni kind of player.

  2. #17
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Let him chuck away somewhere else for a losing team that wants to get in the playoffs next year and get swept. Like Phoenix or Utah etc u catch my drift. This guy is a great player at times, don't get me wrong. BUT he doesn't have that winners mentality. That team firs brotherly love. I don't see that in him nor will I ever prolly.

  3. #18
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Let him chuck away somewhere else for a losing team that wants to get in the playoffs next year and get swept.
    Heck, even Fields is a better fit. Look at what he did in game 4 before he got buried on the bench. If you have got Melo and Stat on your team you don't need too much firepower on your two spot. Also the "spreading the floor" argument does not apply as JR didn't convert on a regular basis all season long. At this point I take Fields rebounding as a compensation for Stats weakness in that department any day. Also wait for Lin's return next season. It'll work wonders for Fields.

  4. #19
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    This thread is full of bullsh1t. Judge JR on how he was playing with Shump/Novak/Jeffries in Mob Deep when we were fully healthy. He was very effective in that role and wasn't forced to be a primary offensive option. You all know he goes hot and cold and if he had came up trumps against Miami you would all be on your knees for him.

    Woodson won't take his **** next year it's really probable Woodson was told by the FO to give Smith a bit more freedom than usual in the hope he would opt in and stay for another year.

    JR Smith > any other 6th man for the same contract pending he opts in.

  5. #20
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Tif he had came up trumps against Miami you would all be on your knees for him.
    But he didn't. It's as easy as that. Mark my words and quote me on that, as I'd like to be proven wrong: We are not going to win anything with Melo and JR Smith on our team and Woodson as our coach. I see what they and it is not what is usually done on teams which are going all the way.

  6. #21
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Heck, even Fields is a better fit. Look at what he did in game 4 before he got buried on the bench. If you have got Melo and Stat on your team you don't need too much firepower on your two spot. Also the "spreading the floor" argument does not apply as JR didn't convert on a regular basis all season long. At this point I take Fields rebounding as a compensation for Stats weakness in that department any day. Also wait for Lin's return next season. It'll work wonders for Fields.
    Couldn't agree with you any more. We loaded up on firepower instead of roll players with "winning" "team first" mentality. Stat, Fields, Melo, Shump, Chandler. Everyone else can bounce for all I care. How many 3s Novak hit in the playoffs? We could keep Lin but I rather Nash. He's happy without scoring. Lin tends to go nut.

  7. #22
    Member gmf1369's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    stay or go doesn't matter...

    But if he stays he can not play point anymore because he gets frivolous with taking too many shots, need a true pg to control the offense and maybe with an entire off season we can modify his game... He has attributes that could help this team and free up Melo for more productive shots...

  8. #23
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Agreed. I like smith, he's alwas been one of my favorite players. I also bust ass with him in 2k. But he's not a winner, he doesn't have that team first brotherly feel to him when I watch. I want a guy with the passion like Reggie Evans believe or it not. (watching him play right now)
    Word. This sums up how i feel regarding J to the R.

    To me, he's not a winning player.

  9. #24
    Member tripleaamin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I wished we could have signed Kenyon Martin instead of J.R.

  10. #25
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by tripleaamin9
    I wished we could have signed Kenyon Martin instead of J.R.
    Would have been a fairly pointless move at the time, Jeffries was playing great D and rebounding well. Martin has also been as up and down as JR for the Clippers.

  11. #26
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by tripleaamin9
    I wished we could have signed Kenyon Martin instead of J.R.
    JR is the reason we won a couple games down the stretch he hit alot of timely baskets for us, we would of seen douglas or Fields taking some of those shots and Missing probably costing us some games. I wouldn't mind having Kenyon either though oh well. Season over


  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Smith is 10,000 times better than Fields, despite his bad field goal percentage.

    I doubt we can get a better second string SG than him for $2,5 so it would be a good thing to bring him back next season.
    Why is he better,,,,,
    Rebounding Fields is better
    Defense Fields is better
    Team Player Fields is better...
    Dumb Mistakes JR is better

    Yes JR is a better scorer ONLY when he is hot....

    dude did you not watch JR just simply destroy us in games....wake up

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    Yeah I agree, for 2.5 he is definitely worth keeping without question. His playoff performance was extremely disappointing to say the least, but there arent many 2 guards with his talent coming off the bench for 2.5.

    Personally I hope he opts in.
    Besides scoring when he is hot...what is his talent ?

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    JR is the reason we won a couple games down the stretch he hit alot of timely baskets for us, we would of seen douglas or Fields taking some of those shots and Missing probably costing us some games. I wouldn't mind having Kenyon either though oh well. Season over

    And JR Is the reason we lost the pacer game after being up 18....
    JR sucked in the playoffs...
    and last game against the HEAT he had 0000000 rebounds/assists/steals/ in 36 minutes,,,


    when will you guys ever learn we need winners...we need role players...we do not need players that blow hot and cold....why is that so hard to digest...

    " JR would be great if Woodson Reign 's him in " Thats BS.......JR IS WHO he is and he idoes not make our Knicks team better...
    and Woodson asking him to learn the point in his exit interview makes me think that Woodson is a moron.

  15. #30
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    And JR Is the reason we lost the pacer game after being up 18....
    JR sucked in the playoffs...
    and last game against the HEAT he had 0000000 rebounds/assists/steals/ in 36 minutes,,,


    when will you guys ever learn we need winners...we need role players...we do not need players that blow hot and cold....why is that so hard to digest...

    " JR would be great if Woodson Reign 's him in " Thats BS.......JR IS WHO he is and he idoes not make our Knicks team better...
    and Woodson asking him to learn the point in his exit interview makes me think that Woodson is a moron.
    Indeed he did suck in the playoffs, how ever we went with what we felt we needed and JR smith coming off the bench is exactly what we needed. There's a reason we didn't go hard after Kenyon Martin, we could of easily went all in for him. We needed more SCORING off the bench and thats what we got everyone knows JR either shoots you in the game or shoots you out. It's not a coincidence we "ALL OF A SUDDEN HAD A DEEP BENCH AFTER JR CAME HERE".

    Your complaining about his playoff production, yet i guarantee you it would of been 10x worse for us without JR, unless your betting your money Fields, or Novak was going to exactly get some shots off against the heat, maybe martin could of showed you his offensive talents we never new about? if im not mistaken JR was a key down the stretch sparing us timely buckets leading us to our first playoff victory in how long?

    If JR opts in thats a PLUS for us, regarding the little amount he'd be coming here for.

    You actually NEED a guy like JR on your team, to take pressure off guys like "Melo" or "Amare"

    You say we need "role players" well these roll players you speak of don't come cheap nor will they magically fall in your lap. Unfortunately we have 2 (SUPERSTARS) sucking up cap-space so you get what you can get your JJ Bareas, Nick collinsons ,Jason terrys, shawn marions, korvers and all these roll players you speak of dont come cheap you need cap space for this stuff which we dont have. a Roll player for the knicks is a dam johnny flynn, jared jeffries, Toney douglas, something you can actually afford like i said if you can get a guy like JR cheap if he opts in thats a PLUS

    God i hope we score on Nash or the Union wins the linsanity rule for the bird rights because, if not dont expect MUCH of a roaster Shakeup Say hello to Fields, (NOVAK) if your lucky and whatever crap were scraping up for vet min, once the **** hits the fan and your forced to watch our players scrambling east and west because nobody can beat their man off the dribble maybe some of you would appreciate what JR brung to the table. Dont count on shump either dudes going to be out couple months.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; May 16, 2012 at 07:25.

Similar Threads

  1. The truth about the Knicks
    By Sprewell-Houston in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 01, 2012, 11:34
  2. isnt this the truth!
    By Smooth in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2011, 12:05
  3. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 00:47
  4. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 06:35
  5. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •