What would've happened if Linsanity never happened?

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
If Linsanity never happened, do you guys think that the Knicks' would've still made the playoffs? or

realize Novak was a good shooter
no more booing of Jared Jefferies
allowed shump to shine even more
revitalized the Knicks
Made Melo and Stat believe they could win

Would you guys still be as optimisitic with the Knicks if none of that had happened? Assuming they continued to lose and didn't make the playoffs. Would you give the excuse of "They need the next season to gel" or "The season was too short"

LV&C

Benchwarmer
I think the most glaring was that we never would have thought we have Lin and Novak. They were buried on the bench. Novak owe a lot to Lin for making him shine. Almost nobody knew who he was until Lin started passing to him and discovered what a sharpshooter he is. We almost never thought they existed.

It truly was a perfect storm. Jared, Fields and Shump were also playing better during Linsanity, like they really were playing like they really care about winning. Motivation was in the air and everyone, even other teams fans were enjoying watching the Knicks.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
if it would never happened...

dantoni would have been fired sooner and woodlinsanity would have taken over. lin would still play because we were short handed.:thumbsup:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think it changes everything, obviously, but the team as it stands now looks a lot worse and my mind tells me chances are greater they miss the playoffs.

Sage

Rotation player
D'Antoni fired sooner and Lin probably would have been cut to make room for another point gaurd.

I'm happy the season went the way it did. We struggled early without a PG but we got Chandler, got Lin and got rid of D'Antoni.

pat

Starter
D'Antoni fired sooner and Lin probably would have been cut to make room for another point gaurd.

I'm happy the season went the way it did. We struggled early without a PG but we got Chandler, got Lin and got rid of D'Antoni.

Only to be stuck with a head coach without any kind of imagination who is obviously humping JR Smith.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
D'antoni fired, woodson takes over, executes Isomelo mode, doesn't make it pass the first round, no msg on cable, no one gives a **** about the knicks, especially asians or college graduates.

Benchwarmer
Q: What would have happened if Linsanity never happened?

fortuneteller.jpg

A: I foresee a terrible future not linundated with Jeremy Lin puns!

*And, alas, I would have never experienced Knicksonline and all of
the wonderful lintelligent posters! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
If Linsanity never happened, do you guys think that the Knicks' would've still made the playoffs? or

realize Novak was a good shooter
no more booing of Jared Jefferies
allowed shump to shine even more
revitalized the Knicks
Made Melo and Stat believe they could win

Would you guys still be as optimisitic with the Knicks if none of that had happened? Assuming they continued to lose and didn't make the playoffs. Would you give the excuse of "They need the next season to gel" or "The season was too short"

The world would be one inspiring story less.
The Knicks would be 50 million fans less.
Novak would do that belt-wearing thing less.
The value of team play would be stressed less.
The 2013 Knicks will be title less.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
NBA not as profitable this year
Novak sending resumes to sporting goods stores around Milwaukee
Warner still at war with MSG
'Linsanity' not a trademark

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
NBA not as profitable this year
Novak sending resumes to sporting goods stores around Milwaukee
Warner still at war with MSG
'Linsanity' not a trademark

you guys forgot the most important one. Everyone would think the melo trade was terrible and that they gave up too much for him. Especially when denver is taking the lakers to game 7. So in closing linsanity saved melo from the wrath of knicks fans. Anyone disagree?

If linsanity does not happen.

IF linsanity never happened.
1.Lin would have been let go
2.Kniicks record would be much worse
3.D'antoni would've resigned much earlier
4.Knicks fall to the 9th seed.
5.Don't make the playoffs
6.Glen Grunewald doesn't come back ,and neither does Woodson.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
1.Lin was ABOUT to be traded for Anthony Carter in Toronto so he was gone.
2.we might have finished in the late teens,early 20's.
3.D'Antoni wouldnt have "quit" he would have been publicly shot and fired.
4.Baron would have gotten hurt sooner.

5.I dont see how Melo and Amare stay after a season like this.
6.Tyson doesnt win DPOY

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
This thread will never happen

I would care less about the knicks.

Linsanity represent more than just Lin playing great but the knicks playing with energy, effort and heat.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Linsanity represent more than just Lin playing great but the knicks playing with energy, effort and heat.

How true. I think many people do not realize that Linsanity represented so many things to so many people. It was not just about basketball. And because people tend to focus on personalities, Lin became the centerpiece and many hated him. Lin was just the letter carrier if you will. It's what he brought during that time that drew people in.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This thread will never happen

I would care less about the knicks.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Knicks buried amongst lottery teams..........
D’Antoni loses job a month sooner............
No talk of retaining Woodson for next season.......... (The whole coaching staff might be gone.)
No talk of Phil Jackson coming here.........
The term “xxx-sanity” never surfacing for people other than Jeremy Lin............
Amare, Melo, and/or Chandler traded to contending team(s) for draft pix.........
Shumpert not in top five in ROY honors........
Novak dumped..........
Milwaukee Bucks playing in the post-season.
Club/environment too unattractive for Steve Nash coming here.
Knicks fans change allegiance to Brooklyn Nets................
Tim Tebow traded to team other than the Jets............
Derrick Rose doesn’t get hurt from Lin’s unexpected blocked shot, doesn’t mangle ACL later, and Bulls cruise to NBA Finals...........

Me not following the Knicks, and not even aware that this forum site exists..................