Carmelo and Amar'e Can Work

CA7

Scoring Champ
CA7....u didnt have to cut the legs off of someone who agreed with u to a point.
Stat & Melo couldve won 65% of the Knicks games if the offense were controlled by the PG and coach decision making.

The 2011-12 season made it clear on what it will take to have Stat & Melo co-exist consistently in a rotation with floor-leader guards "Lin-Sanity and ??? ......either PG-Billups, or PG-Rose, or PG-Rondo, or PG-Rubio, or maybe PG-Nash (if Nash body could go 70 regular season games in the Eastern Conference which have twice the amount of contact than the western conference).

All the other NBA PG are either to weak to stand-up to Carmelo Anthony offensive-Ego, or dont have the body to go 70 games, plus a full postseason.

thats part of maturing as a player, the fact is Billups got Melo to play to the bets of his ability and Melo added that and led the Nuggets to a WCF where they were 2 inbound passes away from winning it and going to the Finals.

we need a veteran, Jeremy is not that but can be I dont know what he'll improve on next year, maybe Melo decides to just follow his lead on the court but when you got 2 potent scorers and other guys who need the ball you as the point guard have to understand how to incorporate everyone at the same time while still focusing on your best players.

Is Lin over hyped- we all agree yes, no doubt

Can he be the point guard to lead our team on the court- we dont know but from my point of view NO

why?- he over dribbles, takes bad shots, there's times he comes down, no passes and goes one on one, no one says anything. On fast breaks he'll miss Melo who can get an easy dunk to get rhythm going but no he looks him off and shoots it while other times finding Fields, Chandler, Novak etc.... A point guards last option should be to shoot. Also can he handle non-stop pressure, what if the Heat put LeBron on him, Rose couldn't do **** with LBJ defending him what do you think Lin can do, we dont know which is my point but if we can find a vet to play in front of him so he can learn from someone then we have something going.

if you think Melo has an offensive-ego then you're over-analyzing everything about him. Melo likes to pass, he's always reading the floor, hell if we had a consistent knock down 3-point shooter who teams couldn't just deny the ball too he'd average 4-5 assists per game. The point is I've never heard Martin, Billups, Smith, Nene, Afflalo, Camby, Birdman, Lawson, Carter, Balkman, Klieza, Jones or Miller complain about Melo's game. George Karl bitched about his defense I understand that but you, like the media, are doing nothing but blaming the best player which is natural. Nonetheless we need a point guard who both STAT and Melo can thrive off of and the jury is still out on Jeremy Lin and THATS A FACT

mafra

Legend
Carmelo & Stoudemire can work if we sign Steve Nash.

Still, I have a funny feeling Amar'e gets dealth this Summer. Look for something to happen with LAKERS (Pau Gasol) straight up, or perhaps a 4-team deal w/ HOU-ORL getting in the mix.

Knicks be better off with Kevin Martin & something else (maybe Scola, or maybe we flip Luis for a SF?

Nash
Martin

Carmelo
Chandler

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo & Stoudemire can work if we sign Steve Nash.

Still, I have a funny feeling Amar'e gets dealth this Summer. Look for something to happen with LAKERS (Pau Gasol) straight up, or perhaps a 4-team deal w/ HOU-ORL getting in the mix.

Knicks be better off with Kevin Martin & something else (maybe Scola, or maybe we flip Luis for a SF?

Nash
Martin

Carmelo
Chandler

I seen your idea, I really think STAT has proven to be a "system player" but nonetheless getting that mixture of Nash and Billups is ideal for Melo and STAT to both excel

mafra

Legend
I seen your idea, I really think STAT has proven to be a "system player" but nonetheless getting that mixture of Nash and Billups is ideal for Melo and STAT to both excel

I think Amar'e will be fine actually. Like Jeter this season... Stoudemire had a bad back, the lock out prevented him from getting proper treatment, he put on 15 pounds and never really got into shape. Then his brother died. And since then he never found a groove.

He'll get to work this Summer and come back strong.

The worry is health, of course. 2 years now where we he missed playoff games. Last year, he was doing fancy dunks during warmups and twisted back. This time he punched glass. Both were foolish injuries.

Amar'e has to work on post moves & attacking the glass. I don't care abnout his putrid defense, but he must be a force on offense.

I do think they'll be a small window to move him, if LAK want to switch something up and get rid of Gasol.

Wouldn't Kobe-Amar'e fit better, & same with Melo-Gasol? Might ORL take STAT on if they trade Howard to LA... get Bynum and the hometown STAT? Knicks need guards, & HOU could deal MArtin... plus they have 2 PGs (Lowry & Dragic).

Then there's always CHA. Might we get Jordan to do something stupid?

Anyway... Knicks have to sign Steve Nash, even if it means they lose LIN.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think Amar'e will be fine actually. Like Jeter this season... Stoudemire had a bad back, the lock out prevented him from getting proper treatment, he put on 15 pounds and never really got into shape. Then his brother died. And since then he never found a groove.

He'll get to work this Summer and come back strong.

The worry is health, of course. 2 years now where we he missed playoff games. Last year, he was doing fancy dunks during warmups and twisted back. This time he punched glass. Both were foolish injuries.

Amar'e has to work on post moves & attacking the glass. I don't care abnout his putrid defense, but he must be a force on offense.

I do think they'll be a small window to move him, if LAK want to switch something up and get rid of Gasol.

Wouldn't Kobe-Amar'e fit better, & same with Melo-Gasol? Might ORL take STAT on if they trade Howard to LA... get Bynum and the hometown STAT? Knicks need guards, & HOU could deal MArtin... plus they have 2 PGs (Lowry & Dragic).

Then there's always CHA. Might we get Jordan to do something stupid?

Anyway... Knicks have to sign Steve Nash, even if it means they lose LIN.

yeah I could see us, LAL and ORL all looking to swap guys with each other just to get a different feeling around each ogranization

elcol

Rotation player
I don't understand why you guys can't realize Lin won't be moved, whether you like it or not. Secondly, he can run the offense. he has the balls to not pass the ball to melo and he is also a pick and roll guard. Switching around the players on the team and making trades is not the solution, and we all should know that.. How can you make judgments on a point guard that you YOURSELF claim is unproven..

The real truth is that the knicks can reach their full potential with a healthy team and a much improved coaching stratagem. It's time for the knicks to STOP making changes(we've seen that it ultimately messed us up over the course of the season) and to settle down and create chemistry.
Unfortunately, you guys believe that players have to be traded for us to be better, the knicks finally have some chemistry and togetherness, so why create the extra drama and confusion caused by the entry of a new player..

LV&C

Benchwarmer
I don't understand why you guys can't realize Lin won't be moved, whether you like it or not. Secondly, he can run the offense. he has the balls to not pass the ball to melo and he is also a pick and roll guard. Switching around the players on the team and making trades is not the solution, and we all should know that.. How can you make judgments on a point guard that you YOURSELF claim is unproven..

The real truth is that the knicks can reach their full potential with a healthy team and a much improved coaching stratagem. It's time for the knicks to STOP making changes(we've seen that it ultimately messed us up over the course of the season) and to settle down and create chemistry.
Unfortunately, you guys believe that players have to be traded for us to be better, the knicks finally have some chemistry and togetherness, so why create the extra drama and confusion caused by the entry of a new player..

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CA7

Scoring Champ

That right there doesn't sit well with most, during game we counted numerous times he looked off Melo, what did that lead to Melo rushing a shot the next time he go the ball.

Lin needs to understand that his role, is to set up the O, get everyone the ball in the right spots and get our super stars easy buckets.

Lin was the focal point of the offense during "Linsanity" he also got all the credit and honestly that **** went to his head, even during games when we had everybody he was still going one on one toooooooooooo much, which is why his TO's were so high. He has to understand that one we have 3 not selfish but stone cold scores on the team(STAT, Melo and JR) so his role should not be what it was during our run, he needs to be Rondo like get STAT some easy dunks and lay-ups and jump shots, get JR involved in transition and easy open jumpers, get the floor spread for Melo's iso, hit Melo on the break for an easy dunk or lay up, not go one on one with my man and try to score and if it isn't there then pass. I mean if you got it, take it but dont force, Lin forces it a lot, mainly because he's young which is why we need a vet who understands what needs to be done

elcol

Rotation player
That right there doesn't sit well with most, during game we counted numerous times he looked off Melo, what did that lead to Melo rushing a shot the next time he go the ball.

Lin needs to understand that his role, is to set up the O, get everyone the ball in the right spots and get our super stars easy buckets.

Lin was the focal point of the offense during "Linsanity" he also got all the credit and honestly that **** went to his head, even during games when we had everybody he was still going one on one toooooooooooo much, which is why his TO's were so high. He has to understand that one we have 3 not selfish but stone cold scores on the team(STAT, Melo and JR) so his role should not be what it was during our run, he needs to be Rondo like get STAT some easy dunks and lay-ups and jump shots, get JR involved in transition and easy open jumpers, get the floor spread for Melo's iso, hit Melo on the break for an easy dunk or lay up, not go one on one with my man and try to score and if it isn't there then pass. I mean if you got it, take it but dont force, Lin forces it a lot, mainly because he's young which is why we need a vet who understands what needs to be done

During the period he was playing point with melo there Lin was not playing badly at all, he averaged high assists also. Secondly, him penetrating was the knicks only offensive option. the only thing melo was was STONE COLD. JR smith is not a stone cold scorer nor is he a player that plays off of a point guard. he is a chucker who creates his own shot. How can u believe that Lin does not understand that he isn't the focal point of the offense with amare and melo, of course he realizes that.

You are saying that Lin forced it alot and turned it over alot. but also he was playing with a cold melo and controlling the ball for the majority of most games. He forced because the rest of the team is a bunch of scrubs(think back to Linsanity: jeffries, novak, harrelson, shump, bibby, harrelson, fields etc:not an NBA caliber team by themselves.

You can say that I am just following the hype and I'm on Lin's dick but unlike many players in the NBA, you can clearly see that he is a hungry player with a winners mentality :gony:

Trading Lin or really most other players on the team is NOT the solution

pat

Starter
He has to understand that one we have 3 not selfish but stone cold scores on the team(STAT, Melo and JR)

That is blasphemy. Did you watch the playoffs at all or do you live in a dream world in which JR didn't hoist up every shot he could potentially take?

get the floor spread for Melo's iso,
How is that supposed to happen? Melo usually starts his isos at the elbow with a half-decent defense proper spacing is impossible from there.

hit Melo on the break for an easy dunk or lay up,
Lay-up. Not dunk. At best. Expect Melo's ass to be even fatter next year. He has got his contract so we can be glad if it will be possible to slip a newspaper under his feet when he is taking a jump shot. Giving him an open lay-up in the open court is difficult enough already as even Eric Dampier would be back on defense before Melo gets into gear. Oh wait, maybe we can make him wait for the ball mid-court to give him a head start. He is quick, not fast. Otherwise iso and bullying his way to the basket or taking the contested jump shot is what we are going to get.