Dantoni interested in Orlando...Amare tradable?

New New York

Quiet Storm
First off I have always supported Stat, still have faith he and Melo will co exist, yet he does represent something all too familar from The Isiah era...a player with large contract but small trade value! And I am always for ridding those

Now reports/rumors suggest that Dantoni has expressed interest in Orlando job if it/when it becomes available

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/orland...ike-dantoni-stan-van-gundy-magic-coach-rumors

Now I understand the draw, Ryan Anderson is a more complete Steve Novak, you have Jason Richardson and Nelson in the backcourt and of course Dwight Howard!

Players on the bench that have literally only been productive under Dantoni's system (Chris Duhon and Q Rich).

In order to take the job he is going to need security that Dwight is going to stay....not gonna happen....but the promise of being able to deliver two Dantoni favorites would no doubt entice!

Those 2 favorites would be Stat and Chandler. This would for sure get Mike D to take the job!

And you know what?...... that team would be pretty darn good!

Nelson
Ja. Richardson
Anderson
Stat
Chandler

bench

JJ Reddick
Glenn Davis
Q Rich
Duhon

maybe they go after Jefferies and this team is really good!

This is better than our lineup last year that was as high as 5th in the East

Felton
Feilds
Gallo
Wilson
Stat

Here is the other benefit....Otis Smith will take this risk! He took an even bigger gamble on Gilbert Arenas who was an even bigger medical risk and of course had the off the court baggage

Stat and Chandler represent the best offer to date that they have ever gotten (assuming what The Lakers said about not ever offering Bynum and Gasol for him is true.)

pat

Starter
Howard isn't an MDA type of player. I guess the rational is to get something for Howard in return and take it from there. Amare would make sense in that scenario.

CA7

Scoring Champ
3 Way Deal

Magic- Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin
Knicks- Deron Williams and Gerald Wallace
Nets- Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson

Magic- Lin-Redick-Richardson-Anderson-Stoudemire
Knicks- Williams-Shumpert-Anthony-Wallace-Chandler
Nets- Nelson-Brooks-????-????-Howard

I dont it though it does make all the teams better

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
You can't trade Lin under CBA!!!
Man...some people really want Lin out of here the worst way possible.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I could see Nash and D'Antoni re-uniting in Orlando. Perfect roster for his system. Run the pick and roll with Nash and Howard, with Anderson, Richardson, Reddick, Turkoglu, etc spreading the floor.

They would be contenders and could possibly win it all, which could be enough to entice Howard to stay.

tiger0330

Legend
If D'Antoni goes to Orlando and gets the Magic to take Stat that would be the best thing he ever did for the Knicks. Please let it be true.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You think? I would have thought that Howard might lose a step or two because of his back and also he is lacking in range.

The one setting the pick and rolling to the basket does not necessarily need range if the ball handler drawing the defender has range, good passing skills and the ability to penetrate. Nash and Howard would be devastating in the pick-and-roll, particularly with the floor spread out with surrounding shooters.

Good point about Howard's back. I am not aware of the severity. I would think he could come back at full strength but I am not sure.

pat

Starter
The one setting the pick and rolling to the basket does not necessarily need range if the ball handler drawing the defender has range, good passing skills and the ability to penetrate. Nash and Howard would be devastating in the pick-and-roll, particularly with the floor spread out with surrounding shooters.

Not necessarily, but my impression always was that he likes bigs who can at least spot up. From what I can remember he wasn't happy about having the "Big Shaqtus" on his team.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Well if Howard's injury is NOT a concern, he would be a good option in NY but I don't see him wanting the Knicks... So here is an optimal trade that works and opens up cap space for us to dabble in free agency and sign our players...

Dwight Howard to Lakers
Tyson Chandler & Amar'e Stoudemire to Orlando

Knicks get Andrew Bynum, and Hedo Turk... Bynum last year of his deal, and Turk has one year with player option... Of course would have Lakers sign and trade Bynum to us... Turk could be an asset or trade bait to a team like Bucks or Kings with cap room...
As much as I like Chandler our DPOY he is a bargaining chip to make this deal go through...

Knicks rotation would be that much better:

Jeremy Lin Re-Sign
Iman Shumpert
Carmelo Anthony
Free Agent/Draft Pick (yes we only have 2nd rd as 1st rd belongs to Houston)
Andrew Bynum

If by chance JR Smith accepts his player option then our bench rotation could be this:

Mike Bibby Re-Sign (Mike Woodson player)
JR Smith
Landry Fields
Jared Jeffries
Jerome Jordan

CA7

Scoring Champ
You can't trade Lin under CBA!!!
Man...some people really want Lin out of here the worst way possible.

only if he signs an offer sheet first I think is the rule

also its not about wanting Lin but if your team has a chance to upgrade would you not take the chance

Well if Howard's injury is NOT a concern, he would be a good option in NY but I don't see him wanting the Knicks... So here is an optimal trade that works and opens up cap space for us to dabble in free agency and sign our players...

As much as I like Chandler our DPOY he is a bargaining chip to make this deal go through...

Knicks rotation would be that much better:

Jeremy Lin Re-Sign
Iman Shumpert
Carmelo Anthony
Free Agent/Draft Pick (yes we only have 2nd rd as 1st rd belongs to Houston)
Andrew Bynum

If by chance JR Smith accepts his player option then our bench rotation could be this:

Mike Bibby Re-Sign (Mike Woodson player)
JR Smith
Landry Fields
Jared Jeffries
Jerome Jordan

I'd love to try and get a combination like Taj Gibson and Lamar Odom splitting time at the 4, they'd fit right in to what we have listed above

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
only if he signs an offer sheet first I think is the rule

also its not about wanting Lin but if your team has a chance to upgrade would you not take the chance

I'd love to try and get a combination like Taj Gibson and Lamar Odom splitting time at the 4, they'd fit right in to what we have listed above

Taj Gibson maybe might be high price tag but rather get someone like:
via draft 2nd Rd pick
Mitchell Watt, PF, Buffalo, 6-10, Sr - Sleeper Pick or
Drew Gordon, PF, New Mexico, 6-9, Sr

or we find that backup Center player like:
Kyle O'Quinn, C, Norfolk State, 6-10, Sr - Sleeper Pick

Everyone stating we need to draft a point guard, well we have team option on Toney Douglas, use him as trade bait and get another 2nd Rd pick & then draft someone like:
Tyshawn Taylor, PG, Kansas, 6-3, Sr or
Tu Holloway, PG, Xavier, 6-0, Sr
Just saying there are options...

mafra

Legend
Knicks have opportunity to make something happen. Especially if LAKERS lose to DENVER. Sounds like Pau Gasol could be shopped...

Amare makes 19 next year, same as Gasol. PAU has 21 yrs left, while STAT has 3. Could be interesting. I think Carmelo-Gasol & Kobe-Amar'e work better anyway.

Also, HOU could get involved. They like Gasol as well.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ffvzpn

Knicks get Kevin Martin & Glen Davis.
Lakers get Dwight Howard & Amar'e Stoudemire
HOU gets Pau Gasol & draft picks
ORL gets Andrew Bynum & Luis Scola.

OR

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7auab4u

Knicks get Kevin Martin & Luis Scola.
Lakers get Dwight Howard & Hedu Turkoglu.
HOU gets Pau Gasol, Glen Davis & draft picks.
ORL gets Andrew Bynum & Amar'e Stoudemire.

Paul1355

All Star
I don't see Mike D landing a job like Orlando...maybe I can see him with Toronto since there was interest with Mike and that team in the past when rumors were flying from his job security.

Amare's most likely landing spots are Philley because they need to dump either the contract of Iggy or Brand and because Philley needs a go to scorer and Amare would relish that and play better, like he did his first year in NY with good role players around him which Philley has

Orlando is the 2nd best spot because it is simply Amare's hometown and the Magic are in a state of flux and one of the few teams that would prob trade for Amare if they could trade some guys they don't want.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Lin is not going anywhere. He could play awful and still bring in millions from ads and tv deals to MSG. Trading Chandler would be a mistake, as Dallas now knows.