Jeanie Buss hints at Phil Jackson returning to coaching next year

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
Jeanie Buss hints at Phil Jackson returning to coaching next year
Rumors have been swirling for months about Phil Jackson and the Knicks - Jeanie Buss only but added fuel to the fire with some comments on the ?Mason and Ireland? show, according to HOOPSWORLD:
Jeanie Buss, who has been dating Jackson since 2001, added credence to the rumors during an interview with ?Mason and Ireland? on ESPN 710. She agreed with the hosts when they speculated that Jackson would return to the sideline in the near future.
It seems that Jackson is in good health, too:
?He?s got his energy back,? Buss said. ?As a matter of fact, I overheard him making plans to play tennis when he?s back in Montana with one of his friends. He hasn?t played tennis, I don?t think, in 8 years. The knee replacement really is one of those operations that has such a high success rate. It gets people back to riding their bikes or playing golf or playing tennis. It really is a miracle. It?s one of those things that because of Phil?s schedule he wasn?t able to take the time to get the surgery and do the rehab. Now he?s done it, and I do think he has his energy back. Now he?s going to spend his time? I don?t know. I?m happy for him, that he?s out of pain, after watching him suffer for the last few years.?

One league source who has spoken to Jackson in recent months

One league source who has spoken to Jackson in recent months said the retired legend "told me he doesn't like Carmelo Anthony's game at all, and that he isn't a big fan of [Amare] Stoudemire's game, either." So assuming the 66-year-old Jackson isn't inspired to make a comeback by these flawed Knicks, and assuming he'd rather wait to see if Pat Riley makes a human sacrifice of Erik Spoelstra in case Miami places second again, Woodson deserves a contract extension as much as Van Gundy deserved his in 1996.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/05/11/source.phil.jackson.hates.carmelo.anthonys.game

Last edited:
Looks like it aint gonna be here tho. Best of luck to him where ever he goes.

Why?

The article doesn't say anything in that direction.

Dolan will throw Woodson's contract extension in the trash can the day Jackson becomes available.

If Woodson gets the job, it's only because Jackson didn't want to coach the Knicks. If Jackson ever really shows some interestin coaching the Knicks it'll only be a formality to get the paperwork done.

Trust me, I know Dolan a bit as an owner.

Why?

The article doesn't say anything in that direction.

Dolan will throw Woodson's contract extension in the trash can the day Jackson becomes available.

If Woodson gets the job, it's only because Jackson didn't want to coach the Knicks. If Jackson ever really shows some interestin coaching the Knicks it'll only be a formality to get the paperwork done.

Trust me, I know Dolan a bit as an owner.
Welp the post before yours pretty much sums it up..

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
If Phil is going to go anywhere to coach after coming out of retirement, it should be the Knicks. It would be coming full-circle for him.

Unless he's afraid to coach a team without hyper-dominant superstars.

fender0577

Rotation player
If Phil is going to go anywhere to coach after coming out of retirement, it should be the Knicks. It would be coming full-circle for him.

Unless he's afraid to coach a team without hyper-dominant superstars.
I was thinking the same thing, he's not coming here, because we don't have Lebron James and Dwight Howard on the same roster.Let's just stick with woody for a while, and see what happens, at least he has use focus on playing Defense, that's a good start in my book.

knicksin60

Starter
Wasn't there a report years ago that Jeanie Buss told reporters that Phil Jackson had told her that he was going to coach the Knicks and he ended up going to the Lakers?

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I smell chicken.
Same here. I smell the chicken in Dolan. Yes-sir-Woodson is so much safer than winning a championshiop. So long as he sells out MSG, he couldnt care less about chips!

The Knicks had not contacted Jackson as of last week, according to people close to the Hall of Fame coach. There is no guarantee that he would take the job, but “he would listen,” one said.

Jackson is an iconoclast, a force of nature who marches to the beat of his own bongos. He would clash spectacularly with the Garden’s staid corporate culture, which is reason enough for Dolan to hesitate and for Jackson (if he were offered the job) to balk.
Jackson can be brutally candid, a trait that is frowned upon at the Garden, where “see no evil, speak no evil” is official policy. On any given day, Jackson might publicly upbraid his players, needle opponents, insult a city or tweak the commissioner’s office. He would violate the Garden’s infamous news media rules within 32 seconds of his first news conference. He would eventually write a book exposing the internal politics and hypocrisy.

Michael Jordan was once a swaggering, single-minded scorer like Anthony. Jackson persuaded him to embrace a team-oriented game, and the Chicago Bulls won six championships. Jackson coaxed Kobe Bryant, another headstrong star, into trusting his teammates. They won five titles together in Los Angeles.
Anthony, who had more turnovers (14) than assists (11) in the playoffs, is overdue for an epiphany. And no one manages egos better than Jackson.
There is near-universal agreement around the N.B.A. that Anthony needs to become a more dedicated passer, but no one around the Knicks will say so.....
......Meanwhile, an unemployed coach with 11 championship rings, a crate of incense and a fondness for Zen teachings is relaxing in Playa Del Rey, waiting for the phone to ring. Or not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/s...o-play-it-safe-and-keep-their-coach.html?_r=1

Edit: If we dont get Jax, it's not bc jax isnt interested. It's Dolan who isnt interested in Jax!

Last edited:
Same here. I smell the chicken in Dolan. Yes-sir-Woodson is so much safer than winning a championshiop. So long as he sells out MSG, he couldnt care less about chips!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/s...o-play-it-safe-and-keep-their-coach.html?_r=1

Edit: If we dont get Jax, it's not bc jax isnt interested. It's Dolan who isnt interested in Jax!

Lol @the article comparing Melo to Jordan and Kobe :teeth:

Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

Jordan and kObe were in the gym every morning at 5.30 am, when Melo was just returning home from clubbing at 5 am, eating burgers or pizza.

Melo doesn't have the work ethic of a champion, unfortunately for us fans.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
Lol @the article comparing Melo to Jordan and Kobe :teeth:

Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

Jordan and kObe were in the gym every morning at 5.30 am, when Melo was just returning home from clubbing at 5 am, eating burgers or pizza.

Melo doesn't have the work ethic of a champion, unfortunately for us fans.
A better comparison is comparing him to Pierce.

Phil Jackson is no idiot. He knows that if Lin plays at an All-Star level this team could go to the Finals. I do not know if Jackson will come out of retirement. But if he does I HIGHLY doubt it would be for any other team than the Knicks.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I do not know if Jackson will come out of retirement. But if he does I HIGHLY doubt it would be for any other team than the Knicks.
Jax is interested in coaching Knicks but Dolan wants no part of him.

Knicks ticket prices rank the highest in the league, twice as much as league average. For a team who hasnt won a championship in 40 years, diehard fans still pack MSG and accepting the fate that they came so close, yet so so far away each year and made believe next year is IT.

Get it into our head! Dolan is not interested in championshiops when he has so much money and power flowing in his direction. Until fans stop going to the games, nothing will ever change!

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...y-putting-on-show-to-give-phil-jackson-a-call

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Prepare you anus for the return of MR potato head Woodson

mike-potato-head

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Woodson is such a bad playoff coach its ridiculous. Not to mention if JR comes back as well. Well have another year of iso melo iso smith and we wont get out of the first round again