Calling all posters new and old

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
There have been a lot of dumb threads as of late. A lot of which are trade proposals and off season moves. There is a trade forum/thread where you can post your opinions and thoughts. You dont need to make a thread for every thought you have.

I'm only saying this cause the front page has become a mess. Also if you have an idea for a thread check to see if there is one similar to your idea so that you can just post in there rather than creating a whole new one.

Peace and love

Sage

Rotation player
I think it's a bit better than what it was a few months ago, it was ridiculous then.

But that's still good advice, if something is still on the first page of the forum, it really really doesn't need a new thread.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think we need a trade forum because, let's be honest, trade threads aren't exactly appealing with how big they are and how hard it is to catch up on other's ideas. I sure as heck don't follow it.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I think we need a trade forum because, let's be honest, trade threads aren't exactly appealing with how big they are and how hard it is to catch up on other's ideas. I sure as heck don't follow it.

The purpose of that thread was for everybody to say if we need a separate board for all the trade proposals or we keep everything on the main one. Not sure why a lot of trades went directly there..

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's been only a couple of days since our season is over and we already have 10+ offseason/trade/other FO move threads... not to mention we've got endless amount of Carmelo/Amare/Lin/JR topics. I know it's hard to keep this board in order but that's why we've got another mod, right? To clean up all the stuff our users make without checking if there is something similar around. IMO we need an official offseason thread made by rady/RJ and all other similar threads closed/deleted/merged. That would be a good start. If rady/RJ don't have enough time to do it, I could volunteerly do it if people have nothing against me being interim mod or something like that...

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
It's been only a couple of days since our season is over and we already have 10+ offseason/trade/other FO move threads... not to mention we've got endless amount of Carmelo/Amare/Lin/JR topics. I know it's hard to keep this board in order but that's why we've got another mod, right? To clean up all the stuff our users make without checking if there is something similar around. IMO we need an official offseason thread made by rady/RJ and all other similar threads closed/deleted/merged. That would be a good start. If rady/RJ don't have enough time to do it, I could volunteerly do it if people have nothing against me being interim mod or something like that...

I agree with every word you have stated here. Thats why I created the thread.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's not really a standout issue though, right?

The trade threads get a bit much, I suppose.

I prefer new articles be posted even if they are based on a topic with a currently open thread, because I can just hit my KO link and get up to speed or catch something I may have missed.

If anything need to be monitored I'd only put it down to trade threads, because the very vast majority of them never come to be, or take nothing in to consideration bar the will to use the ESPN trade machine.

Otherwise I have no issues with the Knicks forum. It's not broken and needs no fixing.

If I'd like to see anything adapted or improved here on KO.com, it'd be a a flashier looking site. That's it. Nothing wrong with how it is now, but we have some incredibly creative (and net savvy) individuals posting on here, CoolClyde instantly springs to mind, and I'd love to see the Knicks forum transformed in to something worthy of its moderators and top notch posters.

Having said all that, I know sh!t about web design. :lol:

Do we have any design gurus onboard that know how to get in to the gizzards of the site and add some sort of photoshop type image, a video section, new banner or whatever?

I see sites the likes of Bleacher Report and they look great! Compare the wealth of knowledge you get out of some individuals on here to some of the utter crud that flows forth out of the 'bloggers' and 'writers' on that quagmire of a Knicks site, and it seems_________________well___________________unfitting, I guess.

Not necessary at all, but this is unquestionably the best Knicks site on the net - trust me, I've checked - and I think it's deserving of a more regal decor. Snobbery?

orangeblobman

Rotation player
The page is a mess because you have a stickied post for every position in the playoffs. That was a mess.

Look at how many stickies you have even now. That's ugly, that's a mess.

Go to ultimateknicks and see how many stickies they have on their forum at any given time.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
And while we're on the subject, sig sizes need to be limited.

It's beyond ridiculous that a guy can have an 800x600 photo as a signature while his post is 5 words long.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
And while we're on the subject, sig sizes need to be limited.

It's beyond ridiculous that a guy can have an 800x600 photo as a signature while his post is 5 words long.

I agree on this. Sometimes I wondered if the sig photo is part of the post because it is too big. Remember that sig shows up on every post.

Kiyaman

Legend

I stop posting new-threads b/c we had so many damn trade-threads on every player (except Tyson Chandler....thanx). I never follow trade-threads...

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The problem here is... there are only 2 mods

Look at RealGM there 10 mods strong, i know this site may not be as congested as RealGM, but at least 5 active mods are necessary.

here's some MOD candidates that can help out Rady/RJ in my opinion

( no specific order here )

Kingstarbury <--- REASONS: Probably the most entertaining poster on this site (no homo) seems to get along well with just about EVERYBODY on the site, has a very high sense of humor. Allows, invites and considers different points of views in discussions.

Crazy8's<--- REASONS: highly active on the site, Legit poster, seems to get along well with just about everybody, very informational and helpful * almost every GT created he helps out the OP and adds a little more helpful keys to the games. Has shown he's very in tuned with the site creating multiple game threads for us. Not afraid to answer questions, always involved in discussions. (not usually found bashing other users on the site)

DZWONSSON<--- REASONS: well balanced character and another active poster, not Over friendly yet shares his opinions in a fair, tolerant manner. <-- something you would like to see in a MOD, Seems to get along with close to everyone on the site. Not afraid to let anyone know they have made a repeated thread. Has shown he's very in tuned with the site helping create multiple GT's for us.( not really found bashing others on the site)

I may have only been on this site since January( merely a few months) but iv'e posted here everyday since that time & try to keep up with the topics. I've seen all 3 of these posters in action, from what iv'e seen all 3 of these posters are able to handle criticism without being trigger happy. Of course there are a some others who fit the job, but these 3 right off the head have all the aspects to be MODS IMO.

Alot of you have potential but have the knack for being so argumentative or just flat out not active :|

Last edited:

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Well, it looks like no matter what the topic of the thread that was started, it always ends up being about trades. Thing is, it's not just here, even at Ultimate, it's like that, too.:boohoo:

metrocard

Legend
Thats why i wanted the mod job, I would of cleaned this forum in a heartbeat. Forget all the bullsh*tin the past.

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
Thats why i wanted the mod job, I would of cleaned this forum in a heartbeat. Forget all the bullsh*tin the past.
lol would you be willing to give up the life of retaliation towards posters who are may disagree with things you say, i enjoy reading some of your posts as well as kingstarburys. We need some extra dedicated MODS, if you could clean up some of the duplicated threads that would be cool maybe rady can hook you up with the job

metrocard

Legend
lol would you be willing to give up the life of retaliation towards posters who are may disagree with things you say, i enjoy reading some of your posts as well as kingstarburys. We need some extra dedicated MODS, if you could clean up some of the duplicated threads that would be cool maybe rady can hook you up with the job

It never was about disagreeing, people are too sensitive about Melo, you obviously misunderstood the entire situation and made me seem like this big bad guy who only wanted to attack on Melosexuals.

I have no beef with no one and got mad love for this forum, the OG's of the forum know this and even the OG's I did beef with in the past.

We could revamp and organize this forum and make it one of the best on the site if we put effort into it and Im willing to give that effort.