Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: Calling all posters new and old

  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    we need to merge all Melo threads into one.
    All Amare threads into one.

    It'll be a cleaner forum if we organized it like this one.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #17
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thats why i wanted the mod job, I would of cleaned this forum in a heartbeat. Forget all the bullsh*tin the past.

  3. #18
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Thats why i wanted the mod job, I would of cleaned this forum in a heartbeat. Forget all the bullsh*tin the past.
    lol would you be willing to give up the life of retaliation towards posters who are may disagree with things you say, i enjoy reading some of your posts as well as kingstarburys. We need some extra dedicated MODS, if you could clean up some of the duplicated threads that would be cool maybe rady can hook you up with the job

  4. #19
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    lol would you be willing to give up the life of retaliation towards posters who are may disagree with things you say, i enjoy reading some of your posts as well as kingstarburys. We need some extra dedicated MODS, if you could clean up some of the duplicated threads that would be cool maybe rady can hook you up with the job
    It never was about disagreeing, people are too sensitive about Melo, you obviously misunderstood the entire situation and made me seem like this big bad guy who only wanted to attack on Melosexuals.

    I have no beef with no one and got mad love for this forum, the OG's of the forum know this and even the OG's I did beef with in the past.

    We could revamp and organize this forum and make it one of the best on the site if we put effort into it and Im willing to give that effort.

  5. #20
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Make me a MOD and see how quickly I whip some of you Melofanboys into shape.

  6. #21
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Make me a MOD and see how quickly I whip some of you Melofanboys into shape.
    Your doing a nice job as Blobman lol

  7. #22
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,494
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Make me a MOD and see how quickly I whip some of you Melofanboys into shape.

  8. #23
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,031
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    lol.......

  9. #24
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
     Never underestimate the genius of CoolClyde, gentlemen. That's ****ing brilliant.

    ________________________________________

    The site's fine. I think anyone pining for the mod job needs to realize that they're attempting to fix something that's not broken.

  10. #25
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    One thing that does have to be fixed is this:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    how is a Heat troll capable of over 50 posts before getting banned?

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^ I agree.

    RJ is a fine Mod -- especially because he is one of the most level-headed, and composed posters on here.

    But if there was a 2nd mod, perhaps it would be good if it would be the bad cop to his good cop. Be the more aggressive ying to his yang.

    I agree w/ Crazy, though, re: design. IMHO (well, this is fact, not opinion ), it isn't an issue of graphical richness with (good) design, but in the user interface (ie how we actually use the site).

    There will always be some clutter, and always be some fagtards running around wild and realizing our darkest fears (tribute to KingStarbury w that line...one of his classics), but, ideally, design improvement should make it easier for clutter to not appear happen at the same rate in the first place, or for it to not be as noticeable.

    I didn't even get chance to see the link, but what Metro suggested and I'm sure is the link, would be a prime example of a user interface/UI change. Whatever is in the link is one graphical way of delivering it (and I'm sure it could be improved with some tweaks).

    Once you make a real design change like that, when it comes to slapping on the colors and bells n whistles (ie what people usually think of when they think design), it's super easy and takes up hardly time and resource (and can also be changed very easily, moving forward).

    One thing I think would be good is to add a basic "donate" button and option to support the site. I mean, ****, let's be honest, most fools around here won't give a dime covered in **** But hey, I bet some peeps would throw a few quarters around, and you never know when some high roller or generous man might splash some gelt around....

    Attach this to a special sub forum for VIPs (aka people who contributed to the istes growth, by posting history or financial tribute), where you could settle on new features or cool **** run off the site with the money raised.

    Just some random ass ideas while I watch my Rangers get smoked like ****ing lox.

  12. #27
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,828
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thank you all for your input, i really appreciate it. As of today i have started the process of upgrading the forum software and we're currently running on vB 3.8.7. Later this week i will take it to the next level and upgrade to the latest version available - (vB 4.2).

    I also understand the need of keeping the board more organized - the most important things here are the duplicate threads and multiple trade suggestions that are going out of the hand most of the times. Therefore, i don't think adding some extra moderators is a bad idea. I'm thinking about promoting RunningJumper to SuperModerator and get some of the top posters in the mod team to help out keeping the forums well organized and clean: Crazy, Metro, Clyde, iSaYughh, dzwonsson, KS3.. - if you want the position, and it's cool with everybody, you can have it.

    Design: with all the changes due to upgrades, we will probably lose the current format. Although i am very fond with this classic theme and colors we might just have to come up with something new and simple. If anyone here is a designer and would like to put his finger print on the layout, send a pm!

    Donations: A button for donations has always been available on the footer of every page. However, i never asked for any, because the google ads that ran on the forum up until last month when they got disabled, helped me with all the costs needed. Still, if you feel about donating a few bucks - it's more than welcome - i can think of a system that will benefit all the contributing members.. maybe something like clutchfans has?

    Let me know

  13. #28
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by rady
    Thank you all for your input, i really appreciate it. As of today i have started the process of upgrading the forum software and we're currently running on vB 3.8.7. Later this week i will take it to the next level and upgrade to the latest version available - (vB 4.2).

    I also understand the need of keeping the board more organized - the most important things here are the duplicate threads and multiple trade suggestions that are going out of the hand most of the times. Therefore, i don't think adding some extra moderators is a bad idea. I'm thinking about promoting RunningJumper to SuperModerator and get some of the top posters in the mod team to help out keeping the forums well organized and clean: Crazy, Metro, Clyde, iSaYughh, dzwonsson, KS3.. - if you want the position, and it's cool with everybody, you can have it.

    Design: with all the changes due to upgrades, we will probably lose the current format. Although i am very fond with this classic theme and colors we might just have to come up with something new and simple. If anyone here is a designer and would like to put his finger print on the layout, send a pm!

    Donations: A button for donations has always been available on the footer of every page. However, i never asked for any, because the google ads that ran on the forum up until last month when they got disabled, helped me with all the costs needed. Still, if you feel about donating a few bucks - it's more than welcome - i can think of a system that will benefit all the contributing members.. maybe something like clutchfans has?

    Let me know
    Great News to hear, looking forward to all the new features and upgrades.

    Thumbs up on promoting Running Jumper & Thumbs up on the idea of having those listed posters as Mods, they all have my vote no problems this way i'm cool with it.

    GOOD LUCK with the New Design

  14. #29
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks Rady, I like the direction your going, this site can blow up like clutch fans if we put the work into it.

  15. #30
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    keep up the hustle fellas nice work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •