Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all posters new and old

Originally Posted by rady
    Thank you all for your input, i really appreciate it. As of today i have started the process of upgrading the forum software and we're currently running on vB 3.8.7. Later this week i will take it to the next level and upgrade to the latest version available - (vB 4.2).
    Intriguing! What sort of upgrades are we talking here, Rady?

I also understand the need of keeping the board more organized - the most important things here are the duplicate threads and multiple trade suggestions that are going out of the hand most of the times. Therefore, i don't think adding some extra moderators is a bad idea. I'm thinking about promoting RunningJumper to SuperModerator and get some of the top posters in the mod team to help out keeping the forums well organized and clean: Crazy, Metro, Clyde, iSaYughh, dzwonsson, KS3.. - if you want the position, and it's cool with everybody, you can have it.
    I think I'd quite like to take on the responsibility, but I'm one of the few posters that have been banned here on KO. I'll put my hand up, but would only take on the prestige if others were to consider it OK. I was thinking I'd have less time with a newborn on my hands, but I actually have more now that I've stopped going out thrice a week because the whiskey beckons.

RunningJumper is still hands down the prototype for the gig, I'd say that if anyone else were to be voted in it'd be..........................well...........nobody really. Some worthy names would be SSj4wingzero, Oldtimer, KBlack25 and LJ4ptplay, but they're all rarely on here.

Design: with all the changes due to upgrades, we will probably lose the current format. Although i am very fond with this classic theme and colors we might just have to come up with something new and simple. If anyone here is a designer and would like to put his finger print on the layout, send a pm!
    I like the theme, but I'd definitely like to see something that'd outdo other competing sites. Don't know if CoolClyde would be keen, but he'd be a dude to talk to for sure. He's our resident artisté.

Do we have any design boffins on board here?

Donations: A button for donations has always been available on the footer of every page. However, i never asked for any, because the google ads that ran on the forum up until last month when they got disabled, helped me with all the costs needed. Still, if you feel about donating a few bucks - it's more than welcome - i can think of a system that will benefit all the contributing members.. maybe something like clutchfans has?

Let me know
    I'm old school on the payment front - cash, cash, cash and keep the receipt. So I very rarely make payments over the internet. I'll look in to it though. How much do you want? €100? I can throw you that, no worries.

I also understand the need of keeping the board more organized - the most important things here are the duplicate threads and multiple trade suggestions that are going out of the hand most of the times. Therefore, i don't think adding some extra moderators is a bad idea. I'm thinking about promoting RunningJumper to SuperModerator and get some of the top posters in the mod team to help out keeping the forums well organized and clean: Crazy, Metro, Clyde, iSaYughh, dzwonsson, KS3.. - if you want the position, and it's cool with everybody, you can have it.
    Well, if there's nothing against me being promoted to a mod I'd love to help this board improve and get more organized.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Well, if there's nothing against me being promoted to a mod I'd love to help this board improve and get more organized.
    I nominate myself as moderator on an interim basis. If you do not enjoy my wisdom, then no one loses.

But we all have much to gain. Real Talk, gang.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Intriguing! What sort of upgrades are we talking here, Rady?
    Honestly i haven't looked on the new features that come with the newer versions but i know security has been improved. I will look for a list and post it here though, i'm also curious what else is new besides adding tags to new threads.

I think I'd quite like to take on the responsibility, but I'm one of the few posters that have been banned here on KO.
    And one of the two that gets a mod spot

I'll put my hand up, but would only take on the prestige if others were to consider it OK.
    Who wouldn't? Jpz doesn't post here anymore

I'm old school on the payment front - cash, cash, cash and keep the receipt. So I very rarely make payments over the internet. I'll look in to it though. How much do you want? €100? I can throw you that, no worries.
    €100 is waay too much (was thinking to something like $5-10), and i already got one donation from Sage(?) - thanks man, that was nice - you're our first contributing member!

€100 is waay too much (was thinking to something like $5-10), and i already got one donation from Sage(?) - thanks man, that was nice - you're our first contributing member!
    You probably just received $10 from the Netherlands.

Yes i did! Thank you very much!

No problem, I'm glad I could help a little.

Honestly i haven't looked on the new features that come with the newer versions but i know security has been improved. I will look for a list and post it here though, i'm also curious what else is new besides adding tags to new threads.

And one of the two that gets a mod spot
    Speaking of which, what would become available to me [if voted in] in terms of capabilities on the site? Probably a PM topic.

Who wouldn't? Jpz doesn't post here anymore
    He rarely ever did anyways. lol, JPZ.

Oh.....OK. Ummmmmmmm how much do you need to make the site as best as possible, is supposedly the right question to ask here.

In a more in depth sense, how far are you willing to go to make the site better, and how much will it cost? I'd like to know the ins and outs about what the limits are within reason, and the limits of what we can achieve as a site monetarily and what contributions we'd need from designers and web geeks etc.

Interesting stuff, no?

Yah that was me. I didn't really know what a good amount to put in was (I think I ended up sending $30), but if you get an idea of how much the place costs to run a year, plus any extra things you wanna do, (and hey you gotta have a little spending money!), I'm sure we can find a way to entice people to donate.
    Last edited by Sage; May 30, 2012 at 08:02.

Veteran

Yes i did! Thank you very much!
    Rady where do we send the donations

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Rady where do we send the donations
    Scroll down and click on the PayPal donate button.

Default contribution

I'm happy to contribute both verbally and monetarily to the best message board
    for my favorite sports team. check yo paypal.

one thing tho... after I checked in to paypal, my browser continually takes me
    to paypal.ro, even after I checked out, cleared my cache and history.
    i hope the Romanian mafia's not getting a hold of my paypal account...

cheers to Rady!
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Jul 01, 2012 at 00:31.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I nominate myself as moderator on an interim basis. If you do not enjoy my wisdom, then no one loses.

But we all have much to gain. Real Talk, gang.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    one thing tho... after I checked in to paypal, my browser continually takes me
    to paypal.ro, even after I checked out, cleared my cache and history.
    i hope the Romanian mafia's not getting a hold of my paypal account...

cheers to Rady!
    paypal.ro? are you sure it's not paypal.com/ro ? As long as it's on the paypal.com domain, what follows after / doesn't matter, you're alright. There's no way however for the button from the bottom of the site to take you on a phishing site. And about the romanian mafia don't worry, my buddy from Anonymous was arrested yesterday so we're a safe country again!

Cheers and thanks for the donation!

paypal.ro? are you sure it's not paypal.com/ro ? As long as it's on the paypal.com domain, what follows after / doesn't matter, you're alright. There's no way however for the button from the bottom of the site to take you on a phishing site. And about the romanian mafia don't worry, my buddy from Anonymous was arrested yesterday so we're a safe country again!

Cheers and thanks for the donation!

it's all good, paypal page back to normal. good to hear Romania is safe again!

attention all posters who have enjoyed this great fan forum.
    donate to Knicks Online via the paypal donation link at the
    bottom of every page. Rady needs new shoes!