Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading Amare Stoudemire

When Melo wasn't a fit for D'Antoni's system, fans said that D shouldn't force him to fit his system but create a play for him. Why can't Woody create a system that will work best for what players we have? Feed and maximize on their strengths while minimizing the effects of their weaknesses. That's what he is being paid for. A good coach knows the strengths and weaknesses of his team and adjust accordingly. Isn't he flexible enough?

Originally Posted by elcol
    The trade thread onslaught will never end....
    You're right. Like I said, if I can get a penny for every trade posts...

Superstar

Originally Posted by LV&C
    When Melo wasn't a fit for D'Antoni's system, fans said that D shouldn't force him to fit his system but create a play for him. Why can't Woody create a system that will work best for what players we have? Feed and maximize on their strengths while minimizing the effects of their weaknesses. That's what he is being paid for. A good coach knows the strengths and weaknesses of his team and adjust accordingly. Isn't he flexible enough?
    I was about to post the same thing, no trades(YET), make woody earn his cash, adapt to your players.I was screaming the same thing about C'ANToni, i want to see my coach use his players strengths, and hide their weakness, if he can't do that, then we should have keep C'ANToni....Did i just say that?

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I was about to post the same thing, no trades(YET), make woody earn his cash, adapt to your players.I was screaming the same thing about C'ANToni, i want to see my coach use his players strengths, and hide their weakness, if he can't do that, then we should have keep C'ANToni....Did i just say that?
    Agree but I hate hearing he wants JR to learn the poin as a back-up....He is a first shoot playerand u cannot teach players like that to change the game...again taking square pegs and trying to put them in round circles...
    Get players that do what they do without us asking them to change their game

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Agree but I hate hearing he wants JR to learn the poin as a back-up....He is a first shoot playerand u cannot teach players like that to change the game...again taking square pegs and trying to put them in round circles...
    Get players that do what they do without us asking them to change their game
    I Hope, all this movement were hoping for, doesn't happen.I want this team to build some chemistry, before we try going in a different direction.People on this board, are so impatient, so quick to blow up teams, without giving it a fair chance.MDA got 4 years to torture KNICK fans, but STAT and MELO can't get 1 year, to see if they can figure it out?

If Nash comes to New York would any of you still want Stat gone? (just wondering)

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    If Nash comes to New York would any of you still want Stat gone? (just wondering)
    Completely circumstantial.

Originally Posted by paris401
    no body...is taking amar'e n his 20m non-insurable contract.. he is here to stay, so woodson or the next coach better figure out how to best use him/melo/chandler... ladies and gentlemen... your ny knicks for the next 3 years...

I havent posted in a while because quite frankly, this forum has been absolute garbage to say the least, from a purists perspective of course, many will understand lol, no offense.

Moving on,

We have to remember two things A) amare is only a 2 year risk, being that any team will have the option to Amnesty amare in his last year

or the subsequent B) Use his remaining 23 million plus salary which will be coming off the books as an amazing trade chip

in essence

his salary isnt as bad as we prospect it to be, being that he is really only a risk on the books for two more seasons, next year and the year after

which isnt really that horrible, with the new amnesty by 2014 he is as expendable as chauncy billups was this offseason.

HOLLA.

Interesting. Trade STAT and Lin as a package deal you say?

I can see the Nets giving us Deron Williams in a sign and trade with for STAT and Lin. Maybe we can snatch up a guy like Green or Stevenson as well. FWIW, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Interesting. Trade STAT and Lin as a package deal you say?

I can see the Nets giving us Deron Williams in a sign and trade with for STAT and Lin. Maybe we can snatch up a guy like Green or Stevenson as well. FWIW, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.
    Prokhorov would do it in a heart beat with D Wiliam for Stat/Lin.

Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    Prokhorov would do it in a heart beat with D Wiliam for Stat/Lin.
    Yeah, he'll buy into the Lin hype for sure. Getting Dwill would rid us of STAT's horrible contract giving us better cap flexibility. Assuming Dwill commands a salary of 13-15mil/yr, we'd have about 5 mil to spend for a decent post up pf.

A core of Melo-Dwill-Chandler would be much better than our current one for sure.

If you can trade STAT and Lin somehow for CP3 you do it. Not so sure that's gonna be possible though.

Clips should have space to re-sign him.

However if CP3 really wants to be here he could potentially pull a Melo.

I like Lin though. He showed leadership I haven't seen from a young player in a long time. As much of a type- A guy Melo is, I saw him diferring to Lin many times when they were on the court together.

People shouldn't underestimate Lin. He's a touch player with an elite skill set. I think he just needs to continue to mature and understand the NBA game. Ono I think Lin just needs time to settle in.

I'd like to see us show some patience as well. Continuing to make trades year in and out will be a disruption to chemistry, which I think has been sorely lacking with this team for a few years now.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lin as well and think that he will have a bright future in the NBA. At the same time, I'd like us to stop making trades and just develop the current roster that we have. But for us to get a proven superstar point guard in CP3 or Dwill in exchange for a package of STAT's bad contract and Lin is an opportunity to build a better team that the Knicks should not pass off on, IMO.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LV&C

All in all thats what coach Woodson did in the regular season.....however, come playoff time there hasnt been any headcoach as of today, who can stop Carmelo Anthony demand for 40+ minutes per game of controlling the teams offense. That is why the Denver Nuggets traded for PG-Chauncey Billups...

Veteran

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Don't get me wrong, I like Lin as well and think that he will have a bright future in the NBA. At the same time, I'd like us to stop making trades and just develop the current roster that we have. But for us to get a proven superstar point guard in CP3 or Dwill in exchange for a package of STAT's bad contract and Lin is an opportunity to build a better team that the Knicks should not pass off on, IMO.

Stat is not the Knicks problem.....Stat was doing great as our All-Star player untill the Melo-Trade.
    Lin co-exist with Stat
    TD co-exist with Stat
    Lin, TD, and Stat doesnt co-exist with Melo

If dum dum Donnie Walsh wouldve trade David Lee for Ellis, GS first offer.....the Felton, Ellis, W.Chandler, Stat, and Gallo/Mozgov/Fields wouldve been a 2nd round postseason team under bum coach Dantoni.