Stat for Gasol Straight up

STAT was offered to Golden State they wanted no part of him

These are the five teams that might take a chance:

New Orleans Hornets
    Brooklyn Nets
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Sacramento Kings
    Portland Trailblazers

These teams will have the cap space available to make a move, while we can find some role players in return...

I like the Kings, could possibly offer Landry or Lin in a sign & trade along with Stat and acquire a player like RFA PF/C Jason Thompson which would fit with Melo & Stat... But there are options available out there, just need to find the right situation...

We'd have to pair Stoudemire with Chandler or Lin to move him

Stoudemire/Lin for Eric Gordon, Carl Landry and Jarrett Jack

Jack
    Gordon
    Anthony
    Landry
    Chandler

Originally Posted by CA7
    STAT was offered to Golden State they wanted no part of him
    Post the link cause I never heard this before.

Edit:

Ok I looked it up and that trade wasn't about Amare being bad it was just good business. Amare was an expiring and the suns wanted steph curry (who at the time was healthy and just beginning his rookie contract).

Anyhow how many teams have said "we're making changes this off season" damn near all of them. Amare can be traded for something decent it's just the Knicks FO won't cause Dolan is not going to admit his plan for the knicks is flawed.

Also quick side note that people in here might find knowledgeable. As a pass time I like to play investopedia stock game because my job doesn't block the site (nor this forum thankfully). I bought the mock MSG stock the day Amare said he was going to join the Knicks 2 summers ago because I knew it was going to go up. Since then the price of the stock rose $17. That's why James Dolan doesn't give a f**k if the Knicks win or lose, either way he is making money. All he needs them to do is make the playoffs.
    Last edited by Wargames; May 24, 2012 at 22:38.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Post the link cause I never heard this before.

Edit:

Ok I looked it up and that trade wasn't about Amare being bad it was just good business. Amare was an expiring and the suns wanted steph curry (who at the time was healthy and just beginning his rookie contract).
    It's been floating around twitter, as in today, not before he came to New York.

Originally Posted by Sage
    It's been floating around twitter, as in today, not before he came to New York.
    What was the trade fot ya got to give more info that twitter I rarely ever do that

i would hope the Knicks try to UNLOAD Stat for ANYONE, just to get his salary off the books,
    and free up space to sign complementary players for Lin, Melo, Chandler, Shump. I don't think Knicks
    will get any solid players for him, as he's no longer a solid player himself. with any luck, Grunworld
    will be able to pawn STAT off for a few players, and trade Knicks back into a non-salary cap situation.
    IMHO, that's the best Knicks can do with STAT at this point.

As i've said before, he's just. not. worth. 20+Million. year.
    before Melo, maybe. now... not.

who said STAT for Gasol...? RU HIGH? these are the trade ideas that just come straight out of someone's assholio.
    but then again, what can you expect from a trade thread? SMMFH

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i would hope the Knicks try to UNLOAD Stat for ANYONE, just to get his salary off the books,
    and free up space to sign complementary players for Lin, Melo, Chandler, Shump. I don't think Knicks
    will get any solid players for him, as he's no longer a solid player himself. with any luck, Grunworld
    will be able to pawn STAT off for a few players, and trade Knicks back into a non-salary cap situation.
    The only problem is to possibly entice any team to take on Stat's contract they are going to want either Lin or Landry in a sign & trade along with Amar'e... It comes down to which one is more valuable to us... If we have to give up Lin along with Stat, then maybe we target Dragic to replace Lin...

Again I wrote previously the teams that will have the cap space to make this kind of move...

Then there is the MDA option: wait for D'Antoni to get a Head Coaching job and dangle Stat in front of him in a package deal trade and hope for the best...

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

As i've said before, he's just. not. worth. 20+Million. year.
    before Melo, maybe. now... not.

who said STAT for Gasol...? RU HIGH? these are the trade ideas that just come straight out of someone's assholio.
    but then again, what can you expect from a trade thread? SMMFH
    He is still a very solid player, capable of playing at All-Star level. We just shat on him TWICE by making Melo the focal point of our offense and then taking away his room to move by adding Chandler.

Obviously we are better with those two in the lineup but it's laughable that people bash Amare for not having post skills or the ability to mesh well with Chandler and Melo when the Knicks FO knew very well that to maximise his effectiveness he needs to be the primary pnr beneficiary.

GTFO at people who say his contract is becoming the next Rashard Lewis, he is like that because of the moves we made. Put him back as the focal point of the offense with spacing and he would put up the same performances as last year.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    He is still a very solid player, capable of playing at All-Star level. We just shat on him TWICE by making Melo the focal point of our offense and then taking away his room to move by adding Chandler.

Obviously we are better with those two in the lineup but it's laughable that people bash Amare for not having post skills or the ability to mesh well with Chandler and Melo when the Knicks FO knew very well that to maximise his effectiveness he needs to be the primary pnr beneficiary.

GTFO at people who say his contract is becoming the next Rashard Lewis, he is like that because of the moves we made. Put him back as the focal point of the offense with spacing and he would put up the same performances as last year.
    I agree. Amar'e didn't help himself by growing an inch and adding 20 lbs of muscle, but I think his poor play is because of Carmelo's presence on the hardwoods.

Amar'e has a ton of game left if he will play in the right situation.

But if he stays here, you can expect a lot of hate going his way because he will not look any prettier next season.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Yo nimrod, if the queen had balls she'd be the king.

We couldn't unload Amare for a stale bag of Cheetos to even the most retarded GMs in this league.

His salary, fragility, defense (and general lack of awareness), and amount of bull**** that comes out of his mouth rank at the absolute gutter of the league.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    What was the trade fot ya got to give more info that twitter I rarely ever do that
    Sorry man but there weren't any details given. I would imagine it was some combination of David Lee (ironically enough) and Steph Curry, but I don't think negotiations got that far. Here's the way I think it went down.

Golden State Front office: *answers phone* Hello?
    Knicks Front Office: Oh hey, we're interested in trading Amar'e Sto-
    Golden State Front office: Hahahahahahahahahahaha *click*

Originally Posted by JujuXG
    Stat for Gasol Straight up
    it is reasonable, Gasol can hit the mid range jumper and gives us more size.

Both players are soft on defense but at least Gasol is bigger and rebounds. I can also live with Pau Gasol as a backup center but Amare can not play center.

Lakers lineup of

Sessions
    Kobe
    World Peace
    Amare
    Bynum

pretty good and sessions/Kobe would feed Amare.

But again this is wishful thinking