Allen Iverson & Stephon Marbury

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Nash is in great shape, and so are these guys, and younger. Before you say we need to get younger, think of who'd you rather have in the Playoffs and Finals. Marbury said he won't be coming back, so I doubt it, but yeah.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Marbury wont happen. Dolan is just getting okay with the idea of having Woodson as the head coach (A Larry Brown protege). I don't expect him to take in Marbury again as well.

KingCharles34

All Star
Starburys the greatest point guard ever man i got my starbury spring jacket on right now. I still wear Starbury gear u know the deal. He could still help the knicks out alot. Lin and STarbury would be nice

Iverson...practice. I used to have the AI basketball that said practice all over it aww sh*t wish i still had it

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I guess you guys are really serious about this. Look, I liked these guys a lot when they were in their top physical peeks but they have aged and are abusing lesser talents. Now I think they could prob do a little something on offense but on defense these guys would get abused. Coming back to the NBA would put a fresh target on their back and young guys will be drooling at the chops to get a highlight and neither of these guys were known for defense before.

They would be a huge upgrade from Bibby and Douglas (Offensively) just for the fact that they both penetrate BUT that was when they were both known to have a ridiculous first step. In the regular season they may do a little something but the playoffs is another story. Jeff Van Gundy said it himself when he said something like "It's almost a completely different sport". If you've been watching the games this year you should know this. AI or Marbury vs Collins or Bledsoe or even Fisher... I wouldn't bet on us with your paychecks.

Last thing... Woodson preaches defense and holds everyone accountably so how long do you think it will take before him and AI get into it? since we are already ruling Marbury out(who would also hate playing for Woody).

If I had to choose one tho then its Marbury but we all know that's not happening. Looking at AI in those clips alone I can see he has slowed down. Although I do think they could give us a little something I want to get somebody who can give me a little more for the same price. Just being a cheap New Yorker. Give me the most for my ca$h.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
We really suceeded under Marbury I think it would be great to have him on the bench with a towel over his head....

Sage

Rotation player
As much as I would love to be able to wear an AI Knicks jersey, we are many years too late. I said we were too late back before the 09-10 season, we are far too late now.

WHAAAAAT?!!

I said ALL SEASON LONG that we need to sign Iverson!!

He's still 10 times better than the dead wood that ran our point all season long (with the short exception of Lin).

We could have taken it to 7 games with A.I. at the point.

Best baller of all time below 6 feet!

And one tough son of a bee...

Chalmers = Tyronn Lue, unfortunately we never unleashed The Answer!

All we had was questionmarks.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I guess you guys are really serious about this. Look, I liked these guys a lot when they were in their top physical peeks but they have aged and are abusing lesser talents. Now I think they could prob do a little something on offense but on defense these guys would get abused. Coming back to the NBA would put a fresh target on their back and young guys will be drooling at the chops to get a highlight and neither of these guys were known for defense before.

They would be a huge upgrade from Bibby and Douglas (Offensively) just for the fact that they both penetrate BUT that was when they were both known to have a ridiculous first step. In the regular season they may do a little something but the playoffs is another story. Jeff Van Gundy said it himself when he said something like "It's almost a completely different sport". If you've been watching the games this year you should know this. AI or Marbury vs Collins or Bledsoe or even Fisher... I wouldn't bet on us with your paychecks.

Last thing... Woodson preaches defense and holds everyone accountably so how long do you think it will take before him and AI get into it? since we are already ruling Marbury out(who would also hate playing for Woody).

If I had to choose one tho then its Marbury but we all know that's not happening. Looking at AI in those clips alone I can see he has slowed down. Although I do think they could give us a little something I want to get somebody who can give me a little more for the same price. Just being a cheap New Yorker. Give me the most for my ca$h.
Good points about them might not being in the NBA defensive shape for a while, but Iverson, though not fast, has always been in exceptional shape. He could still get steals.

Marbury seems to be hardcore with his training.

I wouldn't worry about either one of them too much. Yes, the Playoffs are different, but these guys aren't your normal players. They're high talent level and experience outweighs what guys such as Bledsoe could do early in their careers.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
NO.....NO.....and NO Who knows what AI has left in the tank. We already took on one former nugget to join Anthony (JR), I don't want Iverson here either.

Dolan will not bring back Marbury. I think you guys forgot the turmoil and heat he brought on the Garden business. Also its great he won Championship in China but look at who's playing with. Melo and Stat will not respect nor listen to Steph.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
NO.....NO.....and NO Who knows what AI has left in the tank. We already took on one former nugget to join Anthony (JR), I don't want Iverson here either.

Dolan will not bring back Marbury. I think you guys forgot the turmoil and heat he brought on the Garden business. Also its great he won Championship in China but look at who's playing with. Melo and Stat will not respect nor listen to Steph.

There's nothing to lose by giving him the vets min.. he's broke.

If he doesnt live up, then just dump him..... i would seriously rather have him on the bench than TD.