Linsanity Rule could ease all our off season concerns!

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
JR isn't getting the mid-level.

I agree that Nash coming is a long shot. But he's not worth much in Miami (when they have two dominant ball handlers in LeBron and Wade) and he'd be good for half a season and then fail to co-exist with Rose. If he went to any team that is currently a contender he'd be relegated to nothing more than a spot up shooter. I think he might come to NY only because it'd be one of the few places where he could actually contribute a serious amount of minutes, unlike those other teams where he'd be a tertiary guy. And that's the problem - it's not as if Nash is playing like a veteran who needs to chase for a ring. He's playing like the best PG in the league right now and he's not going to play for Miami and Chicago and be the third option. Not his style. Better for him to come to a team like NY where he'd be the starting point guard.

I agree he'd be a much better fit here. Just imagine if we got him as our starting PG. I know alot of people will be ****ty if Lin is our backup, but what better chance for him to learn from a pass first PG with leadership skills.

Starting 5:

Nash
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Lin
JR Smith (Shump will be out for the first half of the season probably)
? (2nd rd pick, hopefully a solid shooter & capable defender)
Novak
Jeffries

Plus Lin seems to bring the best out in Fields, comparable to Nash & Amare. But it would be good for Novak to move to SF when Melo is resting because Nash will be able to get the ball to him for the 3, Amare for the PnR or Chandler for the lob.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I agree he'd be a much better fit here. Just imagine if we got him as our starting PG. I know alot of people will be ****ty if Lin is our backup, but what better chance for him to learn from a pass first PG with leadership skills.

Starting 5:

Nash
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Lin
JR Smith (Shump will be out for the first half of the season probably)
? (2nd rd pick, hopefully a solid shooter & capable defender)
Novak
Jeffries

Plus Lin seems to bring the best out in Fields, comparable to Nash & Amare. But it would be good for Novak to move to SF when Melo is resting because Nash will be able to get the ball to him for the 3, Amare for the PnR or Chandler for the lob.

That's a mighty fine starting 5 right there. But I'd sign Michael Redd for the vets min and insert him in the starting Sg position to surround our frontcourt with reliable perimeter shooters.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
That's a mighty fine starting 5 right there. But I'd sign Michael Redd for the vets min and insert him in the starting Sg position to surround our frontcourt with reliable perimeter shooters.

Well if that means saving some money instead of going over the cap for Fields than i could support that but I still think Fields could develop into a very solid role player.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Well if that means saving some money instead of going over the cap for Fields than i could support that but I still think Fields could develop into a very solid role player.

Fields is a good player... but I just don't see him fitting in with our core if he doesn't improve that jumpshot (which is ugly).

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Fields is a good player... but I just don't see him fitting in with our core if he doesn't improve that jumpshot (which is ugly).

I see your point, but Fields plays great in Mob Deep with Lin especially, but is great with Novak and Jeffries. Basically what im saying is why let him go when he will prove to be a cheap but solid role player, when we are going to replace him with an old vet who we may get use out of for a year or two max.

We need to stop with the quick fixes as a franchise, plus in the post Big 3 era, a core of Lin, Fields, Shump, Melo, is solid and perhaps Jerome Jordan and Jorts may turn out to be solid as well.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I see your point, but Fields plays great in Mob Deep with Lin especially, but is great with Novak and Jeffries. Basically what im saying is why let him go when he will prove to be a cheap but solid role player, when we are going to replace him with an old vet who we may get use out of for a year or two max.

We need to stop with the quick fixes as a franchise, plus in the post Big 3 era, a core of Lin, Fields, Shump, Melo, is solid and perhaps Jerome Jordan and Jorts may turn out to be solid as well.

Fair enough. A role as the backup to Melo is reasonable.

skisloper

Starter

he better be working with Allan Houston.....I mean Fields brings everything to his game.....If he cannot find his shot that there is no way he should start,

mafra

Legend
This decision would be HUGE for NYK. Obviously. This would mean we can let Fields go, while keeping LIN, NOVAK & SMITH.

We would still have our MLE (Nash), or Bi-annual, while handing out a few vet min.

mafra

Legend
he better be working with Allan Houston.....I mean Fields brings everything to his game.....If he cannot find his shot that there is no way he should start,

If NYK is banking on Fields as anything more than the 9th player in the roation then we failed this Summer.

He'll never be a shooter... He's a tweener. Not big enough to eb a true NBA SF, not enough offense to be a SG. There's a reason he slipped to the mid 2nd round. He has not outside game, and the Knicks need that from their SG.

He plays decent enough defense, can slash and rebound, and is good on the run...

If we're confident Shumpert will return around DEC/JAN, and if JR Smith opts-in, Knicks can get away with another year of Fields, or bringing in a vet to handle the load until the Shump-Smith combo lock down the SG spot.

But the Knicks have to address the SF position. We need a true SF to spell Carmelo. We should draft one in the 2nd round. It'll be full of SG/SF bodies. We should use use the vet min to bring in a low risj/high reward option.

As for SG... Man, this is tough. I would prefer we allocate our slim resources to shore up the PG position. Dream scenario is we end up being able to bird rights LIN, and give full MLE to Nash. This means we have to bring back Fields.

HOWEVER, if we fail to get Nash, then we should look to split the MLE between LIN & a SG (Jamaal Crawford). OR, give LIN half the MLE, and trade for a salary-dump SG (Ben Gordon).

Ben Gordon would be great playing in MSG. He can shoot.

Shumpert, Smith & Gordon would give us our starting SG, our 6th man off the bench along with our backup SG.

This would also mean that Fields's role would simply be defense, rebound, and back up Carmelo. Less the better.

No even sure if BG is possible though. He makes about 12 mil this year & next. It would take sign-&-trade w/ Fields (5 mil), TD-Balkman-Jordan (4.5 mil).

mafra

Legend
The Raptors, Mavericks, Trail Blazers, Warriors and Nets are interested in signing Jeremy Lin, sources tell Hoopsworld's Alex Kennedy.

Because Lin is a restricted free agent and his salary is controlled under the "Arenas Provision" in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, it's going to be very difficult to pry Lin out of New York. Regardless, expect several teams to "express interest" in Lin as free agency gets closer.

(Rotoworld..com)

tiger0330

Legend
The Raptors, Mavericks, Trail Blazers, Warriors and Nets are interested in signing Jeremy Lin, sources tell Hoopsworld's Alex Kennedy.

Because Lin is a restricted free agent and his salary is controlled under the "Arenas Provision" in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, it's going to be very difficult to pry Lin out of New York. Regardless, expect several teams to "express interest" in Lin as free agency gets closer.

(Rotoworld..com)
I heard the Sac Kings are also interested. You can expect the Nets to definitely make an offer whether they lose DW or not, EC teams are going to want to put the "hard cap" squeeze on us and force the Knicks to match a 5M plus offer for Lin just to take away our player options.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dream Scenario

Lin to Kings for Tyreke Evans

Reke and H20 workout all summer on his jumper and he gets back to 20-5-5 ROY Tyreke Evans while STAT and Melo learn how to play together when then sign and trade JR Smith to the Celtics for Avery Bradley

G- Bradley
G- Evans
C- Chandler
F- Stoudemire
F- Anthony

What a dream scenario

skisloper

Starter
If NYK is banking on Fields as anything more than the 9th player in the roation then we failed this Summer.

He'll never be a shooter... He's a tweener. Not big enough to eb a true NBA SF, not enough offense to be a SG. There's a reason he slipped to the mid 2nd round. He has not outside game, and the Knicks need that from their SG.

He plays decent enough defense, can slash and rebound, and is good on the run...

If we're confident Shumpert will return around DEC/JAN, and if JR Smith opts-in, Knicks can get away with another year of Fields, or bringing in a vet to handle the load until the Shump-Smith combo lock down the SG spot.

But the Knicks have to address the SF position. We need a true SF to spell Carmelo. We should draft one in the 2nd round. It'll be full of SG/SF bodies. We should use use the vet min to bring in a low risj/high reward option.

As for SG... Man, this is tough. I would prefer we allocate our slim resources to shore up the PG position. Dream scenario is we end up being able to bird rights LIN, and give full MLE to Nash. This means we have to bring back Fields.

HOWEVER, if we fail to get Nash, then we should look to split the MLE between LIN & a SG (Jamaal Crawford). OR, give LIN half the MLE, and trade for a salary-dump SG (Ben Gordon).

Ben Gordon would be great playing in MSG. He can shoot.

Shumpert, Smith & Gordon would give us our starting SG, our 6th man off the bench along with our backup SG.

This would also mean that Fields's role would simply be defense, rebound, and back up Carmelo. Less the better.

No even sure if BG is possible though. He makes about 12 mil this year & next. It would take sign-&-trade w/ Fields (5 mil), TD-Balkman-Jordan (4.5 mil).

We need winners...please no Jamal Crawford. Again lobe the guy but we are building an NBA cHAMPIONSHIP TEAM AND HE IS NOT A WINNER

iSaYughh

Starter
^ Tyreke and Melo would fit together like Melo and Amare. But worse, imo.

A legit, all-star'ish PG is what we need, and ideally one with qualities high on IQ and/or pure PG skills.

Shumpert, JR.....we have SGs with real starting ability, and finding a SG to fit a team like ours will never be that tough (or important) of a task, compared to PG.

If we get another SG, I'd just want it to be a sniper, Kyle Korver-type. We gotta see how Shump recover, of course, and what happens with JR (even if he signs with us, we need to him to mature his game a bit).

Rob Low

Rotation player
Dream Scenario

Lin to Kings for Tyreke Evans

Reke and H20 workout all summer on his jumper and he gets back to 20-5-5 ROY Tyreke Evans while STAT and Melo learn how to play together when then sign and trade JR Smith to the Celtics for Avery Bradley

G- Bradley
G- Evans
C- Chandler
F- Stoudemire
F- Anthony

What a dream scenario

You serious bro? You actually want Melo,Amare,and Evans on the same team? That would be an absolute disaster

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
You serious bro? You actually want Melo,Amare,and Evans on the same team? That would be an absolute disaster
lol Tyreke is a underated player IMO, i think this may have been the worse year he had. His shooting was horrible and his assits numbers took a hit, but i think if you put him on a playoff team the kid does damage, i think he'd be motivated to really improve his game and you'd see a brand new player in him. He's just not fit for the KINGS and never was if they were smart they would build around cousins and that kid Isiah thomas. Evans is only 22 and been in the league only since the 09 season which he had a great season and won ROY, he has potential alot of it, he just needs the right mentors and supporting cast IMO, that kings team is way to young but they have talent they need to either bring in a star player or like trade evans and get some more pieces in return, the way the knicks are built right now i don't think evans is needed because we have shumpert, all we need is a knock down shooter ray allen, korver, james jones type dudes.

id trade Fields for the bradley guy though lol throw in jerome if i had to. Bradleys defense is unbelievable could you imagine Shump Bradley and Chandler on the floor at the same time!

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
lol Tyreke is a underated player IMO, i think this may have been the worse year he had. His shooting was horrible and his assits numbers took a hit, but i think if you put him on a playoff team the kid does damage, i think he'd be motivated to really improve his game and you'd see a brand new player in him. He's just not fit for the KINGS and never was if they were smart they would build around cousins and that kid Isiah thomas. Evans is only 22 and been in the league only since the 09 season which he had a great season and won ROY, he has potential alot of it, he just needs the right mentors and supporting cast IMO, that kings team is way to young but they have talent they need to either bring in a star player or like trade evans and get some more pieces in return, the way the knicks are built right now i don't think evans is needed because we have shumpert, all we need is a knock down shooter ray allen, korver, james jones type dudes.

id trade Fields for the bradley guy though lol throw in jerome if i had to. Bradleys defense is unbelievable could you imagine Shump Bradley and Chandler on the floor at the same time!

Don't get me wrong Evans is a good player but we barely have enough shots between Melo and Amare, we don't need another scorer. We need Nash to come and control the tempo and make sure everybody gets shots. Evans would be good on a team like Philly that needs a go to scorer.

Kiyaman

Legend

If the Bird rights go our way it is essential we use the MLE on the best pass-first complimentary PG we can find. We also should find away to get Aaron Brooks via trade TD to Phoenix. With a injured Shump throughout the 2012-13 season I still dont want JR Smith on the roster, JR is only good if we could sign and trade him in offseason.

Landry Fields, Novak, Shump, Jorts, and Jordan are great players to have when our roster of players workout & prepare at the Knicks facility during the offseason for the 82 game regular season. All of the above 5 players co-exist with Lin-Santy playing off the ball.....imagine how well these players would perform when they practice how to screen left or screen right with two to three touches before the shot.
:thumbsup:
Lin-Sanity did great by keeping the movement of the ball getting 3 touches before the shot consistently, which open up alley-oops for Tyson Chandler, and back doors for Jefferies, Fields, Shump, plus a slashing Lin-Sanity down the middle.
The big error on our offense all season long.....were certain players (no names) holding the ball in one spot for 3 to 5 seconds, then dribble the ball for 3 to 5 seconds, then shoot the ball when fully covered by one or two defenders. If the ball go in the basket we jump with excitement, but that only happen 36% of the time. One of our players started this act, then the next player follow the act, then it became a domino teammate act.
I guess this is where Lin-Sanity got his name, Lin was the only player "sane" enough to stop the domino act (ISO-plays)...which return in the postseason.

skisloper

Starter
If the Bird rights go our way it is essential we use the MLE on the best pass-first complimentary PG we can find. We also should find away to get Aaron Brooks via trade TD to Phoenix. With a injured Shump throughout the 2012-13 season I still dont want JR Smith on the roster, JR is only good if we could sign and trade him in offseason.

Landry Fields, Novak, Shump, Jorts, and Jordan are great players to have when our roster of players workout & prepare at the Knicks facility during the offseason for the 82 game regular season. All of the above 5 players co-exist with Lin-Santy playing off the ball.....imagine how well these players would perform when they practice how to screen left or screen right with two to three touches before the shot.
Lin-Sanity did great by keeping the movement of the ball getting 3 touches before the shot consistently, which open up alley-oops for Tyson Chandler, and back doors for Jefferies, Fields, Shump, plus a slashing Lin-Sanity down the middle.
The big error on our offense all season long.....were certain players (no names) holding the ball in one spot for 3 to 5 seconds, then dribble the ball for 3 to 5 seconds, then shoot the ball when fully covered by one or two defenders. If the ball go in the basket we jump with excitement, but that only happen 36% of the time. One of our players started this act, then the next player follow the act, then it became a domino teammate act.
I guess this is where Lin-Sanity got his name, Lin was the only player "sane" enough to stop the domino act (ISO-plays)...which return in the postseason.

Based on NYK poster we can get alot for JR