Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 91

Thread: Linsanity Rule could ease all our off season concerns!

  1. #16
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by tripleaamin9
    I would rather see us get Andre Miller if this rule passes through. We can't go into the season with Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas as our backup Point Guards.


    Yeah Miller would be nice....I see a team like Mia. making a strong run at him though, but he would be really nice.

  2. #17
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Two things about Felton.

    1. He thinks he's a better shooter than he is.
    2. He always wants more money than he's worth.

    Doubt if he's interested in the Knicks for the vets min.
    If the Linsanity rule goes through... we could give him around 3 mil... what he's actually worth.
    Then we have a great young PG rotation with him and Lin, and Shump as a combo 3rd...

  3. #18
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Don't want to be Johnny raincloud here but I need to remind everyone that the league is pretty hotly contesting this rule. Stern has said he believes it's a given that the league will win this dispute. The Union is attempting to push this as the rule in question 'may be open to interpretation', I have a law degree under my belt and generally unless the Union can prove beyond doubt that they are correct any benefit of the doubt goes to the league.

    Still rooting for the Union though as this can ultimately move us from a 'dangerous playoff team' to a legit contender.

  4. #19
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Don't want to be Johnny raincloud here but I need to remind everyone that the league is pretty hotly contesting this rule. Stern has said he believes it's a given that the league will win this dispute. The Union is attempting to push this as the rule in question 'may be open to interpretation', I have a law degree under my belt and generally unless the Union can prove beyond doubt that they are correct any benefit of the doubt goes to the league.

    Still rooting for the Union though as this can ultimately move us from a 'dangerous playoff team' to a legit contender.
    the union has a strong case

    the entire contract goes through if a player is picked up off of waivers and bird rights are directly connected to the consecutive years on a contract or contracts

    I think the NBPA wins this battle

  5. #20
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    the union has a strong case

    the entire contract goes through if a player is picked up off of waivers and bird rights are directly connected to the consecutive years on a contract or contracts

    I think the NBPA wins this battle
    Oh thanks, I had only seen one article so far and it didn't include what you just said. Im from Australia so admittedly the rules & laws for sports arbitration will be different but I just wanted to show a more neutral side to the argument.

    Who do you want on the MLE if this rule goes through for us? I think Mayo will command more than the MLE in Boston as they have shown interest and will have the cap space.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If I remember right, I read this is going to be decided in two weeks. Oh my word. Another thing to watch out for. As if July 1st isn't enough.

  7. #22
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Oh thanks, I had only seen one article so far and it didn't include what you just said. Im from Australia so admittedly the rules & laws for sports arbitration will be different but I just wanted to show a more neutral side to the argument.

    Who do you want on the MLE if this rule goes through for us? I think Mayo will command more than the MLE in Boston as they have shown interest and will have the cap space.
    Well I'd split it and the bi annual between 3 guys

    PG- Kirk Hinrich- 2.5mil
    SG- Deshawn Stevenson- LeBron's worst nightmare- bi annual exception
    PF- Jeremy Evans- 2.5mil

    draft- Moe Harkless- trade up into late 1st using Toney and Landry plus our 2nd Rounder

    re-sign Bibby

    G- Lin/Hinrich/Bibby
    G- Stevenson/Smith
    F- Anthony/Harkless/Novak
    F- Stoudemire/Evans
    C- Chandler/Harrellson/Jordan

    Shumpert will be out for a while so its best to look forward to starting the year without him, I dont wanna lose Jeffries but Evans is younger and more athletic and provides similar contributions on the game. Hinrich is the perfect back up as he knows Woody's system and can play both guard spots as well as shoot and defend, Stevenson adds more perimeter D and attitude as well as range, Harkless is the young James Posey type we need off the bench.

    We get younger, faster, more athletic and deeper

  8. #23
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Jesus that's actually much better than anything i've seen so far. Im real big on the Hinrich & Stevenson signings as we need a legit backup PG and he already knows Woodson's system.

    I have faith in Grunwald and hope that he can prove his pickups and last offseason weren't a one off. Just hoping that this rule goes in our favour now! I'd think that pending Lin is re-signed Dolan will retire to his boardroom chair and leave the rest of the transactions to Grunwald. He has a big 3 and Lin so his money driven ego should be satisfied.

  9. #24
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Jesus that's actually much better than anything i've seen so far. Im real big on the Hinrich & Stevenson signings as we need a legit backup PG and he already knows Woodson's system.

    I have faith in Grunwald and hope that he can prove his pickups and last offseason weren't a one off. Just hoping that this rule goes in our favour now! I'd think that pending Lin is re-signed Dolan will retire to his boardroom chair and leave the rest of the transactions to Grunwald. He has a big 3 and Lin so his money driven ego should be satisfied.
    we dont need major moves to be honest, we just need 2 way players those who can score a little and defend a lot

    Hinrich, Stevenson are great guys to add to Lin, Shumpert and Smith

    Harkless and Evans will work STAT and Melo in practice and be great energy guys for us

    Jordan and Harrellson both will get better and Chandler will not lose his intensity and leadership

    Novak will be our specialist and Bibby is the vet PG playing short minutes

  10. #25
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Be realistic guys, we're not gonna be able to sign both Lin AND Nash this summer. Nash will easily command more than the Mid Level from the Suns, the Knicks won't be able to match their offer with any salary exception. Lin is going to be the choice for us. Landry Fields will likely be back too since we have Bird Rights on him as well.

    A good backup PG option that already has shown good chemistry with STAT & is familiar w/many of the plays the Knicks run is Raymond Felton. I think we could get him to sign for the bi-annual exception. The most painful loss this summer will be Steve Novak no doubt, we won't have enough cap flexibility to be able to keep him on the roster with the offers he's going to get in free agency. It's going to suck real bad losing him, he was our only real consistent shooting threat from the perimeter.

  11. #26
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I live in Phoenix, and have seen Steve Nash play a lot........ I happen to be one who believes he would NOT be an upgrade over Jeremy Lin..........

    Sure Nash would get more assists per game, and maybe shoot better at the line and beyond the arc (although Lin is excellent at the line too). But Lin could do so many things Nash has never been able to do, such as create his own shot, penetrate without a screen, play big on defense (maybe Nash's biggest flaw), and most-importantly take over a game.

    Acquiring Steve Nash would indeed divide fans regarding who should start and finish games...... Maybe I'd start Nash just to get the players involved (very reliable in this regard), but Nash has never finished games the way Lin has.

    And as one who prefers complete players over one-trick ponies, I'm afraid Steve Nash is too much of a one-trick pony......... Those tricks might be exceptional (assists/distribution and shooting), but his liability on defense and inability to take over games have been the prime reasons Nash has never won a title. Two items which happen to be strong points with Jeremy Lin.

  12. #27
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    The way things been going for the Knicks as of lately the chances of this happening in our favor are small.

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,916
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    WOW I hated the Union during the lockout, but am sure loving them now


    Basically they are filling a claim that will allow teams to sign players in Lin's situation while preserving their MLE!


    This means Lin could get signed, a player like a Felton is added for half the MLE and Novak is re-signed for the remainder....however we use it will no doubt be debated until it is done, but the point is that this is a huge victory for The Knicks if it goes through

    And lets be real....why would Stern and Silver not want this to workout?

    We'll see
    I wanted to put this up for the longest but my anger over the new CBA rules vs big market teams made me delete the copy.....plus I couldnt imagine coach Dantoni giving any playingtime to a walking FA or a D.League player.

    For those who want to sign a Jamal Crawford, Felton, Andre Miller, or another JR Smith type of player with our MLE, here's a Red Flag for u.....we do not want to sign our MLE to players that fold under pressure in big games and look like an all star vs mediocre teams.
    We want to sign our MLE to a PG that steps up his level of performance in big games, plus be proud to share the point with Lin throughout the season (Billups or Nash).

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,916
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    The way things been going for the Knicks as of lately the chances of this happening in our favor are small.

    u are questioning the POWER of big market teams

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    The way things been going for the Knicks as of lately the chances of this happening in our favor are small.
    I think you may be right because one of the purposes of the CBA was to make small market teams more competitive by taking away the power to spend by big market teams, a ruling like giving bird rights to waivered players doesn't do that.

    Good thing is the ruling should come soon before the FA flood gates open, so we should know soon.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  2. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  3. In Fairness to Last Season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2007, 15:11
  4. could this be the reason for such a sh*tty season???
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2006, 17:06
  5. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 14:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •