Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 91

Thread: Linsanity Rule could ease all our off season concerns!

  1. #31
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u are questioning the POWER of big market teams
    yup, Just because your a big market does not always mean your getting the players you want. The only player that wanted to come to this beautiful city of New York was AMARE STOUDEMIRE and part of the reason we got him was because we over paid the guy with bad knees 100 mill.

  2. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I wanted to put this up for the longest but my anger over the new CBA rules vs big market teams made me delete the copy.....plus I couldnt imagine coach Dantoni giving any playingtime to a walking FA or a D.League player.

    For those who want to sign a Jamal Crawford, Felton, Andre Miller, or another JR Smith type of player with our MLE, here's a Red Flag for u.....we do not want to sign our MLE to players that fold under pressure in big games and look like an all star vs mediocre teams.
    We want to sign our MLE to a PG that steps up his level of performance in big games, plus be proud to share the point with Lin throughout the season (Billups or Nash).
    AMEN.......sign proven winners!!!!!!

  3. #33
    Member tripleaamin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    BTW is their any chance we could get Billups?

  4. #34
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by tripleaamin9
    BTW is their any chance we could get Billups?
    If you think Chauncey would reunite with the Knicks after we amnestied him you're delusional...

  5. #35
    Member tripleaamin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    If you think Chauncey would reunite with the Knicks after we amnestied him you're delusional...
    I was just wondering, but anyway yeah u r proably right.

  6. #36
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by tripleaamin9
    I was just wondering, but anyway yeah u r proably right.

    Yeah....two factors working against us with that one....1. if the "linsanity rule" does pass then LA will have freedom to sign Chauncy for whatever they want and 2. If he does leave LA for another team it would be Mia. and that would be flat out scary!


    You can tell I have contemplated the same thing

  7. #37
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I think you may be right because one of the purposes of the CBA was to make small market teams more competitive by taking away the power to spend by big market teams, a ruling like giving bird rights to waivered players doesn't do that.

    Good thing is the ruling should come soon before the FA flood gates open, so we should know soon.
    Good point...but lets remember the major issue for The Union was not affecting the players ability to make money, if players lose their Bird Rights once they are waived this could rob a number of players (not just Lin and Novak) of millions!


    Think about it...by getting wavied a player's market value is instantly decreased if a team is only allowed to use The MLE on them, players like Lin and Billups who were claimed off waivers would have easily made more than the MLE next season (had they both not gotten injured) so how fair is it to cap what they can make next season?

    is it fair that a player like Novak is not allowed to play for the team that wants him and that he wants to play for because they do not have the money to sign them?


    Sure the have nots will complain, but the players and half the teams in The NBA will be for it....and deep down inside so will Stern and Adam Silver

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    IMO the Bird Rights should transfer, and here's way.

    If a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded away with him, correct?

    So how should this situation be any different? The only difference is that he's basically going from one team to another for free, and it seems messed up. I understand the NBA not wanting this rule because it does allow players to demand more money from the cash-strapped teams but honestly it's not like we're talking about big time superstars here, we're talking about players who were waived at some point which means it's just a matter of allowing teams to sign free agents to slightly more than the minimum while not killing themselves entirely.

    If the players' association wins this battle this will be a bargain. Keep Lin, keep Novak, get Steve Nash, have Lin come off the bench.

  9. #39
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    IMO the Bird Rights should transfer, and here's way.

    If a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded away with him, correct?

    So how should this situation be any different? The only difference is that he's basically going from one team to another for free, and it seems messed up. I understand the NBA not wanting this rule because it does allow players to demand more money from the cash-strapped teams but honestly it's not like we're talking about big time superstars here, we're talking about players who were waived at some point which means it's just a matter of allowing teams to sign free agents to slightly more than the minimum while not killing themselves entirely.

    If the players' association wins this battle this will be a bargain. Keep Lin, keep Novak, get Steve Nash, have Lin come off the bench.
    Come on man, Nash isn't coming here. Look at it from an outside view. He wants to play on a contender. We are a dangerous playoff team, not a contender. I know we all want him here and he lives in Soho in the offseason, but why, if he wants a title would he choose here over Miami or Chicago with Rose out? If the ruling goes the union's way I could see us more likely signing Miller/Felton, getting a backup for Melo which we really need(Grant Hill was real close to signing for our bi-annual last year) or perhaps trying to lure Camby. Hell JR might even get our mid level, doubt Grunwald does that however.

    I know we all love the story of Nash coming to NY, but Lin with a backup of Miller/Felton/Hinrich* (knows Woodson's system) and another quality role player is a better situation for us then Lin/Nash

  10. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    JR isn't getting the mid-level.

    I agree that Nash coming is a long shot. But he's not worth much in Miami (when they have two dominant ball handlers in LeBron and Wade) and he'd be good for half a season and then fail to co-exist with Rose. If he went to any team that is currently a contender he'd be relegated to nothing more than a spot up shooter. I think he might come to NY only because it'd be one of the few places where he could actually contribute a serious amount of minutes, unlike those other teams where he'd be a tertiary guy. And that's the problem - it's not as if Nash is playing like a veteran who needs to chase for a ring. He's playing like the best PG in the league right now and he's not going to play for Miami and Chicago and be the third option. Not his style. Better for him to come to a team like NY where he'd be the starting point guard.

  11. #41
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    JR isn't getting the mid-level.

    I agree that Nash coming is a long shot. But he's not worth much in Miami (when they have two dominant ball handlers in LeBron and Wade) and he'd be good for half a season and then fail to co-exist with Rose. If he went to any team that is currently a contender he'd be relegated to nothing more than a spot up shooter. I think he might come to NY only because it'd be one of the few places where he could actually contribute a serious amount of minutes, unlike those other teams where he'd be a tertiary guy. And that's the problem - it's not as if Nash is playing like a veteran who needs to chase for a ring. He's playing like the best PG in the league right now and he's not going to play for Miami and Chicago and be the third option. Not his style. Better for him to come to a team like NY where he'd be the starting point guard.
    I agree he'd be a much better fit here. Just imagine if we got him as our starting PG. I know alot of people will be ****ty if Lin is our backup, but what better chance for him to learn from a pass first PG with leadership skills.

    Starting 5:

    Nash
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

    Lin
    JR Smith (Shump will be out for the first half of the season probably)
    ? (2nd rd pick, hopefully a solid shooter & capable defender)
    Novak
    Jeffries

    Plus Lin seems to bring the best out in Fields, comparable to Nash & Amare. But it would be good for Novak to move to SF when Melo is resting because Nash will be able to get the ball to him for the 3, Amare for the PnR or Chandler for the lob.

  12. #42
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    I agree he'd be a much better fit here. Just imagine if we got him as our starting PG. I know alot of people will be ****ty if Lin is our backup, but what better chance for him to learn from a pass first PG with leadership skills.

    Starting 5:

    Nash
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

    Lin
    JR Smith (Shump will be out for the first half of the season probably)
    ? (2nd rd pick, hopefully a solid shooter & capable defender)
    Novak
    Jeffries

    Plus Lin seems to bring the best out in Fields, comparable to Nash & Amare. But it would be good for Novak to move to SF when Melo is resting because Nash will be able to get the ball to him for the 3, Amare for the PnR or Chandler for the lob.
    That's a mighty fine starting 5 right there. But I'd sign Michael Redd for the vets min and insert him in the starting Sg position to surround our frontcourt with reliable perimeter shooters.

  13. #43
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    That's a mighty fine starting 5 right there. But I'd sign Michael Redd for the vets min and insert him in the starting Sg position to surround our frontcourt with reliable perimeter shooters.
    Well if that means saving some money instead of going over the cap for Fields than i could support that but I still think Fields could develop into a very solid role player.

  14. #44
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Well if that means saving some money instead of going over the cap for Fields than i could support that but I still think Fields could develop into a very solid role player.
    Fields is a good player... but I just don't see him fitting in with our core if he doesn't improve that jumpshot (which is ugly).

  15. #45
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Fields is a good player... but I just don't see him fitting in with our core if he doesn't improve that jumpshot (which is ugly).
    I see your point, but Fields plays great in Mob Deep with Lin especially, but is great with Novak and Jeffries. Basically what im saying is why let him go when he will prove to be a cheap but solid role player, when we are going to replace him with an old vet who we may get use out of for a year or two max.

    We need to stop with the quick fixes as a franchise, plus in the post Big 3 era, a core of Lin, Fields, Shump, Melo, is solid and perhaps Jerome Jordan and Jorts may turn out to be solid as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  2. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  3. In Fairness to Last Season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2007, 16:11
  4. could this be the reason for such a sh*tty season???
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2006, 18:06
  5. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 15:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •