Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91

Thread: Linsanity Rule could ease all our off season concerns!

  1. #61
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    The more we think we should revolve around Lin the less likely it is for us to win a championship

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    The more we think we should revolve around Lin the less likely it is for us to win a championship
    I don't think we should revolve around any one. Revolve around a combination, maybe. It's a team sport.

    But I would say Lin is definitely a key element to win a championship. No more. no less. He is not God. But he is good.

  3. #63
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    The more we think we should revolve around Lin the less likely it is for us to win a championship
    If you think a championship will come to New York with Carmelo Anthony on this team, I have some bridge to sell you over a dried-up river. So you will buy a bridge over an ancient river that does not have water any longer.

    Lin has chance to win a championship in this lifetime, while Carmelo will win one if you gave an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of type writers and they will create the works of Shakespeare. It's that type of thing.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,188
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    The more we think we should revolve around Lin the less likely it is for us to win a championship
    Why would u write somemething like that?
    What info do u have to base this from?


    A PG main job is to improve his teammates performance on offense.......
    During the time of Lin-Sanity our rookie Shump performance (and decision making) improve 60% on offense/defense to the point of being reliable as the 6th-Man and Finisher down the stretch of each game.

    Do I have to mention the improve performance in other teammates.....Jefferies, Bibby, Walker, Fields, Novak.
    Lin-Sanity co-exist better with Tyson Chandler than Stat & Melo.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Why would u write somemething like that?
    What info do u have to base this from?


    A PG main job is to improve his teammates performance on offense.......
    During the time of Lin-Sanity our rookie Shump performance (and decision making) improve 60% on offense/defense to the point of being reliable as the 6th-Man and Finisher down the stretch of each game.

    Do I have to mention the improve performance in other teammates.....Jefferies, Bibby, Walker, Fields, Novak.
    Lin-Sanity co-exist better with Tyson Chandler than Stat & Melo.
    We all know how his opinions are totally biased regrading Melo and Lin.

    Gets my vote for HOS (Hall of Shame)!

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    If you think a championship will come to New York with Carmelo Anthony on this team, I have some bridge to sell you over a dried-up river. So you will buy a bridge over an ancient river that does not have water any longer.

    Lin has chance to win a championship in this lifetime, while Carmelo will win one if you gave an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of type writers and they will create the works of Shakespeare. It's that type of thing.
    Analogies are really not your friend! LOL

  7. #67
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Oh god with the Linsanity ****, thats how bad its become the entire Knick fan base is dying for easy ways to championship contention we're relying on a guy who beat up on 1. sub 500 teams 2. guys who played fresh vs guys who were playing in all those condensed games and were fatigued for the most part and 3. not realizing that it was not only Lin who played well everyone did and not because of Lin because of opportunity but even still that team would go no where in the playoffs

    Lin got raped by Mario Chalmers and the Miami Heat D the defense we struggle against and you wanna go toe to toe with LeBron and Wade the next 5 years with Lin as our main guy. I like him as our PG but lets be realistic when it comes to expectations because as a fan base thats all we do and I've stopped it and let things play out

    I'm saying TRADE HIM or HE SUCKS but he isn't as good as you guys are making him out to be I want him to be great but he isn't there which is my point, most teams built around PG's rarely win titles, Magic, Isiah and who else really, teams are built around dominate wings and bigs because serviceable PG's are good enough to help teams get over the top

    Thats what I'm saying

  8. #68
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    We all know how his opinions are totally biased regrading Melo and Lin.

    Gets my vote for HOS (Hall of Shame)!
    look I'm always critical of Melo just not the type to say he sucks because I understand why he played so bad with Lin you guys are over rating him

    So its fair for guys to say anything about Melo or STAT but Lin is off hands, I get it

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    look I'm always critical of Melo just not the type to say he sucks because I understand why he played so bad with Lin you guys are over rating him

    So its fair for guys to say anything about Melo or STAT but Lin is off hands, I get it
    I am not over rating him. Neither am I under rating him like you.

    Yes, there are about 10 PGs who are playing at a better level than Lin but Lin certainly is not ranked around 25 like you had ranked him. The grass is not always greener on the other side!

    So that one game against Criami is a good indication but 25 games is not enough??

    Maynor and Session are better PGs?

    If you stay out of Melo and Lin, you are a great poster. That's all i am saying.

  10. #70
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    I am not over rating him. Neither am I under rating him like you.

    Yes, there are about 10 PGs who are playing at a better level than Lin but Lin certainly is not ranked around 25 like you had ranked him. The grass is not always greener on the other side!

    So that one game against Criami is a good indication but 25 games is not enough??

    Maynor and Session are better PGs?

    If you stay out of Melo and Lin, you are a great poster. That's all i am saying.
    I'm not under rating him and the Sessions and Maynor thing was me saying "hey I can say ignorant **** too" regardless Lin is a top 15 PG but still his ceiling isn't as high as most think. The one game against the Cheat was an example of us relying on him to beat them, we can say yeah he beat the Raptors, Nets and Wizards but got beat down against the Heat which is more of an indication of his game.

    Regardless he's young and still learning and we have to realized that if we dont and anoint him the savior and he flops then we're back to what? nothing

    I just want to be realistic that its

    and yes I cant really get into it when it comes to Melo and Lin only because I feel some under value Melo and over rate Lin but thats my opinion say way you guys feel I under value Lin and over rate Melo

    But I think they'll be great together if Melo gets more explosive and better off the ball player as far as cutting, coming off screens and running the floor and Lin gets better at gettin the guys into the right spots for Melo's iso's and understands that the spacing needs to be right for isolation to work

  11. #71
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm just bumping this post because the arbitration date is coming up.. June 13 will decide the direction this team goes in and could dictate our lineup for the next few years. but what i've been reading on twitter suggests that the knicks will not win this appeal. im still hoping though

  12. #72
    Lurker
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Knicks article

    Here is a great article explaining what the Knicks need to do with Lin and their up coming season... Its a good short read...

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Bunta
    Analogies are really not your friend! LOL
    lol I was thinking the same thing! hahahaha

  14. #74
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    has the summer forum really boiled down to CA7 and orange whining about melo and lin?

  15. #75
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    has the summer forum really boiled down to CA7 and orange whining about melo and lin?
    honestly I've stayed away from all Lin bash, Melo bash, Knick bash arguments

    I dont come hear to bitch and moan I wanna talk about how we can improve as a team.

    For the record I like Lin as a player when we got him I was excited but I just have my limitations regarding his potential

Similar Threads

  1. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  2. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  3. In Fairness to Last Season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2007, 16:11
  4. could this be the reason for such a sh*tty season???
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2006, 18:06
  5. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 15:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •