Knicks waive Bateer and Barret

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Isiah Thomas announced yesterday that Mangke Bateer (guard) and Andre Barret (center) have been waived.
Barret was signed as a free agent on October 4 and he played 5 preseason games averaging 1.0 points, 1.2 assists and 7.2 minutes.
Bateer played 3 preseason games scoring 2 points in 10 minutes. He was also signed on october 4th as a free agent.

6thman

Benchwarmer
Poor guys :lol: :( :( they thought they would be part of the team!!!
I wonder why Asiah actually signed them if he already knew he was gonna waive them!!????

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
they were part of the practice squad, who else would you rather them release when they are over the allowable 15player limit

nyfan33

Rookie
I think Isaiah really did want to see if Bateer could play - turns out he can't after all! It shows how desperate Isaiah is to sign even an average bigman. And Barrett is not too bad a player - the Knicks may want him down the track when he's got some more experience. Then again, maybe not...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Well those guys were the obvious choices to be waived since we could only have 15 players for the season roster. The only question I have is why not waive Tracy Murray together with them too. Didn't see anything special from him all preseason except a missed shots. I feel Brewer and Sundov proved themselves worthy for being in the roster.

newmove

Rotation player
Great move by IT!
He definitely knows what's the best for our team! Now it's time to get rid of the rest of the junk (sorry Mook) and maybe aquire the best coach in the NBA (welcome Phil?). ;)