My answer to Linsanity in 3 words; sign and trade!

New New York

Quiet Storm
I liked Lin this season, I thought he showed a lot of potential, but there is also this huge potential to over spend on him this summer and that is the last thing we need!

This reminds me a lot of David Lee, at the minimum salary he looked amazing but a player losses value the second he signs his big contract!

Lin was this season at league min, but full MLE is the very least he'll make and I don't see it man! Teams will pay for "Linsanity" and I think we should pass because we need wins more than hype right now.

Look Linsanity will stimulate teams such as Golden State and Sac who are up agains 2 highly popular teams in Califonia right now! Linsanity helps that almost dead basketball market in Toronto! If Deron Williams bounces this off season it will give a moral victory to The Nets....but we need a player that is going to take us to The next level, popular or not!

Now teams are going to try to backload his contract and throw in trade clauses to get us not to match, which ultimatley is as big a risk for them, so if we let it be known that we will hear trade propositions (which keeps teams from assuming that risk and us having to overpay or lose him for nothing) then it may be worth looking in to.

Teams listed to be intersted

Nets-can't see us making a deal with them because of how competive we are with one another, but they do have draft picks and King is not shy about trading away!

A 2014 unprotected first round pick and Anthony Morrow

Gives us some help with shooting, first round pick is good because we lose a pick every other year until 2016! But of course means we have to go hard w/ MLE to get a PG

Golden State-Lin knows the coaching staff and they known him and want him back! They have Steph Curry, but my hunch is Mark Jackson wants a more cerebral PG (like himself). Lin,Thompsan,Jefferson,Lee, Bogut makes a very solid team!

Straight up deal for Steph Curry

Lights out shooter for Knicks at the PG position that would open the floor for us and can make passes, knock is he does not have Lin's strength and height and will not hit the boards and play w grit like Lin, yet Lin's shot is not even on the same planet!

Toronto- The need excitement, period! Lin is a lateral move, but will put fans in the seat, they are also strapped for cash, not having to back load a contract and to still get Lin would be huge for them!

Lin/Douglas for Calderon!

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Now teams are going to try to backload his contract and throw in trade clauses to get us not to match, which ultimatley is as big a risk for them, so if we let it be known that we will hear trade propositions (which keeps teams from assuming that risk and us having to overpay or lose him for nothing) then it may be worth looking in to.

How much will we spend to re-sign Lin? Isn't it a public information already? Like 5 million? And you're worried to death like that? You do know how much we pay Melo and Amare right?

Tell you what, he's definitely worth the money. Every penny of it! Don't you worry about that!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
LOLz!

Lin is not going anywhere.

I think it's a red flag about your brain that you would want to get rid of Lin but you like an absolute MORON of a player in Melo.

Lin prints cash money. You will see Melo move before Lin, that's the bottom line.

And you know what? Lin is 50 times better than Melo OR AMAR'e at the game of BASKETBALL, the game that's played with 5 guys, as a team.

Benchwarmer
LOLz!

Lin is not going anywhere.

I think it's a red flag about your brain that you would want to get rid of Lin but you like an absolute MORON of a player in Melo.

Lin prints cash money. You will see Melo move before Lin, that's the bottom line.

And you know what? Lin is 50 times better than Melo OR AMAR'e at the game of BASKETBALL, the game that's played with 5 guys, as a team.
540274_226681580769866_224380757666615_361106_1439690972_n.jpg

Enough with the RIDICULOUS Melo put downs!
They make no sense, please...for your sake.

computer-smash.gif

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
The Knicks will never let Lin leave New York. Lin could play awful but he will still bring in Advertising dollars from companies interested in marketing to Asians.

Lin only played regularly two months here and MSG received money from TV contracts to broadcast Knicks games overseas (China & Taiwan), Coke ads in Chinese at MSG, ads for Taiwan Tourism, boost in ticket sales, boost in MSG stock price, extra TNT/ESPN/ABC games added, money from Lin merchandise (Lin jersey was #2 best seller for entire NBA).

Not bad for a player that sat on the bench for two months and played regularly for two months. Lin will never be traded or released for business reasons, and not for on court performance.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
The Knicks will never let Lin leave New York. Lin could play awful but he will still bring in Advertising dollars from companies interested in marketing to Asians.

Lin only played regularly two months here and MSG received money from TV contracts to broadcast Knicks games overseas (China & Taiwan), Coke ads in Chinese at MSG, ads for Taiwan Tourism, boost in ticket sales, boost in MSG stock price, extra TNT/ESPN/ABC games added, money from Lin merchandise (Lin jersey was #2 best seller for entire NBA).

Not bad for a player that sat on the bench for two months and played regularly for two months. Lin will never be traded or released for business reasons, and not for on court performance.

Proves you know nothing. He got a lot of attention because he was playing well. Look at all the other Chinese players that were imported over here, that were mediocre, them fools didn't get the same treatment. Quit talking out of your ass. If Lin was playing like your comment, no one would give a ****. Smh.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Posts wanting Lin gone never stop, do they? I wonder why? Are people really blind? The kid can play. When I read posts during the Linsanity games, everyone give praises and are happy, ecstatic. Do people really have this short memory?

Anyway, it really doesn't matter whether Knicks keep Lin or not. It will be for the best. He can play really good. The fans love him not just in NY but worldwide. He has a lot of supporters. In fact, he has more supporters than the Knicks team itself. Ever wonder why every game he is in no matter where is like a home court crowd?

New New York

Quiet Storm
How much will we spend to re-sign Lin? Isn't it a public information already? Like 5 million? And you're worried to death like that? You do know how much we pay Melo and Amare right?

Tell you what, he's definitely worth the money. Every penny of it! Don't you worry about that!

Lin is a 4 year 13 million dollar player who is going to get paid more than that because of the hype he generates (that will die down quickly next year)

Everyone thinks the full MLE is a discount for Lin because of a 30 game run, however after 30 games Channing Frye was considered a better draft pick than Deron Williams! If The Knicks had to sign him off those 30 games he'd still be making 10 million plus!

So to answer your question about "what's my concern"....over payment!!!

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
You just proved you know even less, fool.
Jeremy Lin was not imported here, he was born in Los Angeles, CA. Lin is an American that speaks fluent English so his international marketability is far greater than those of players that have been "imported over here" and can't communicate without an interpreter. So you're comparing apples to oranges.

Lin had an Asian following well before Linsanity. Here's a link to videos BEFORE Linsanity

During the 6 game Knicks losing streak, his Asian fans still got up early in the morning to watch live games even though Knicks were losing.
Go check his facebook page, see what his fans and following post even when he plays awful.

So Goknicks!, is that how mommy and daddy speak to you when they disagree with you..."Proves you know nothing. Quit talking out of your ass."
I bet you're as charming in person as you are in online forums.

Proves you know nothing. He got a lot of attention because he was playing well. Look at all the other Chinese players that were imported over here, that were mediocre, them fools didn't get the same treatment. Quit talking out of your ass. If Lin was playing like your comment, no one would give a ****. Smh.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Lin is a 4 year 13 million dollar player who is going to get paid more than that because of the hype he generates (that will die down quickly next year)

Everyone thinks the full MLE is a discount for Lin because of a 30 game run, however after 30 games Channing Frye was considered a better draft pick than Deron Williams! If The Knicks had to sign him off those 30 games he'd still be making 10 million plus!

So to answer your question about "what's my concern"....over payment!!!

Can't you see the possibility that he'll play well at all?
What if he made it happen? Will you cheer for him then?

Kiyaman

Legend
This is a SAD Post

I liked Lin this season, I thought he showed a lot of potential, but there is also this huge potential to over spend on him this summer and that is the last thing we need!
This reminds me a lot of David Lee, at the minimum salary he looked amazing but a player losses value the second he signs his big contract! is that fact or fiction for every player???
Lin was this season at league min, but full MLE is the very least he'll make and I don't see it man! Teams will pay for "Linsanity" and I think we should pass because we need wins more than hype right now.
Look Linsanity will stimulate teams such as Golden State and Sac who are up agains 2 highly popular teams in Califonia right now! Linsanity helps that almost dead basketball market in Toronto! If Deron Williams bounces this off season it will give a moral victory to The Nets....but we need a player that is going to take us to The next level, popular or not!
Teams listed to be intersted
Nets-can't see us making a deal with them because of how competive we are with one another, but they do have draft picks and King is not shy about trading away!
A 2014 unprotected first round pick and Anthony Morrow
Gives us some help with shooting, first round pick is good because we lose a pick every other year until 2016! But of course means we have to go hard w/ MLE to get a PG
Golden State-Lin knows the coaching staff and they known him and want him back! They have Steph Curry, but my hunch is Mark Jackson wants a more cerebral PG (like himself). Lin,Thompsan,Jefferson,Lee, Bogut makes a very solid team!
Straight up deal for Steph Curry
Lights out shooter for Knicks at the PG position that would open the floor for us and can make passes, knock is he does not have Lin's strength and height and will not hit the boards and play w grit like Lin, yet Lin's shot is not even on the same planet!
Toronto- The need excitement, period! Lin is a lateral move, but will put fans in the seat, they are also strapped for cash, not having to back load a contract and to still get Lin would be huge for them!
Lin/Douglas for Calderon!

All that writing without any reason, understanding, or fact for "3 words" that would make our Knicks organization GM Grunwald look like a worldwide imbecile. Grunwald name would be mention in every household as the " 3 word F....... ??? ".

The past 6 seasons David Lee performance has been worth $12M per.
Stephen Curry is a star combo-guard who need a PG in his lineup (Iverson & Snow).
Caldron's past 4 season performance has been on par with TD performance (Caldron offense equal TD defense).

Lin-Sanity has two important things in his favor:
1) Lin co-exist with half of the starting-lineup, and all of the bench-players.
2) Lin performance gives all his teammates energy going down the final stretch of a game.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Stephen Curry would be the only one worth doing nonetheless I say keep Lin but can the fans stop over rating him he is good, not very good and not great but he can get there right now I'm hoping he comes back faster and more explosive as well as Melo, if they get on the same page oh boy they'd put us into the top 5 around the league let alone the East

skisloper

Starter
Stephen Curry would be the only one worth doing nonetheless I say keep Lin but can the fans stop over rating him he is good, not very good and not great but he can get there right now I'm hoping he comes back faster and more explosive as well as Melo, if they get on the same page oh boy they'd put us into the top 5 around the league let alone the East

Why in the world would u want Curry. The guy has been injured and it has becomes clear he has somewhat of a chronic ankle injury.

We got lucky with finding LIN. We are a team in desperate needs of a PG why in the world would we not run with LIN.....

CoolClyde

3 words

3 words: sh*t for brains

Why would you start this thread? are you high, retarded or both?
Has Linsanity gone in and out of your head like a sieve?

Knicks need a true PG, who else is going to start at PG for the money
we have to spend with STAT and MELO making top dollar?

Lin knows how to play with the Knicks, knows how to win with the Knicks,
with and without the big 2.

Lin brings in more money than we can ever pay him, from filling the garden seats
(and every arena Knicks go to with fans and asian fans), to money from foreign
markets to broadcast Knick games.

sign and trade is the worst idea i've heard all year. shame!

throw this in the stupid trade thread.

btw, David Lee still earns every penny he makes, Knicks would be much better
off with him than STAT at this point

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Why in the world would u want Curry. The guy has been injured and it has becomes clear he has somewhat of a chronic ankle injury.

We got lucky with finding LIN. We are a team in desperate needs of a PG why in the world would we not run with LIN.....

Curry has better

handle
shot
court vision/passing skills
defense(though their both average, Steph's hands are better)

Lin has better

marketability
fan base

Steph took a mid major deep into the NCAA tournament

Curry is better than Lin

but hey I like Lin just think most of you over rate the phuck out of him

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
After seeing us with virtually no PG in the miami series I have no idea how you can start this thread. Lin isnt going anywhere. He has a great basketball IQ. That alone is a reason to keep him on the team because I honestly think basketball IQ is lacking on our team.

CA7

Scoring Champ
After seeing us with virtually no PG in the miami series I have no idea how you can start this thread. Lin isnt going anywhere. He has a great basketball IQ. That alone is a reason to keep him on the team because I honestly think basketball IQ is lacking on our team.

:teeth:

Anthony, Lin, Fields maybe Chandler and Shumpert all have decent IQ's

Stoudemire, Smith and Douglas are all lacking