Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Should the Knicks front office members visit KO?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Should the Knicks front office members visit KO?

    I wonder if you guys think the Knicks front office should visit this board as often as possible, or not at all?

    The point is, although I've seen so many valuable posts here, there also are a lot of posts here with point of views that can't be proven.

    On one hand, I wish what we fans think could be heard by them, on the other hand, I don't want them to be influenced by inappropriate posts. (I know maybe my posts here would be considered inappropriate.) But that's why I have this question.

    Do you guys think they should visit and see those valuable posts, or you think they shouldn't, so they wouldn't be "contaminated"??

    Just curious!

    ps. (Sorry if this topic has already existed somewhere else on the board. I did search and did not find any related thread to this topic.)

  2. #2
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    For the most part, no.

    I do, however, think they should read and bookmark all orangeblobman posts and threads.

  3. #3
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    The front office? No, absolutely not. Fans can't build a team - fact.

    James Dolan? Yes, absolutely! He should visit the internet to know that we fans want his filthy ass out for a loooong time!!!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    For the most part, no.

    I do, however, think they should read and bookmark all orangeblobman posts and threads.
    ha ha!

    That's not a bad idea.
    However, Sprewell-Houston's got a good point too: Fans can't build a team.
    I read your posts!

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    The front office? No, absolutely not. Fans can't build a team - fact.
    James Dolan? Yes, absolutely! He should visit the internet to know that we fans want his filthy ass out for a loooong time!!!
    Yes. But Dolan will also see "ridiculous stuff" here and make more wrong decisions.

  5. #5
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    For the most part, no.

    I do, however, think they should read and bookmark all orangeblobman posts and threads.
    you are by far the worst and most biased poster on here so NO they should not

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Right. Imagine you are Dolan, Grunwald or Woodson. Would you really be bothered to go online to read fan forums?

  7. #7
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LV&C
    Right. Imagine you are Dolan, Grunwald or Woodson. Would you really be bothered to go online to read fan forums?
    Why not? They're humans, too.

    And it's not difficult to hop on a website and read some things.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Fat Jimmy is on the forums all day.

    Originally Posted by CA7
    you are by far the worst and most biased poster on here so NO they should not
    Rub that **** on your chest, CA7.

  8. #8
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Rub that **** on your chest, CA7.
    I speak the truth without bias in all my posts, you just butt **** Lin and squirt the nut on Melo all day

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I speak the truth without bias in all my posts, you just butt **** Lin and squirt the nut on Melo all day
    Despite his (Orangeblobman's) and your selection of words sometimes, which I kind of think are 100% OK, exciting and are important ingredients of KO, I respect both of your opinions. (People who know more tend to speak louder.)

    But forgive me for being honest that I'm actually afraid that the front office members will see some posts regarding Lin and Melo like yours. Becasue I'm not sure if they were 100% acurate. But I perfectly understand that I might be the one who's biased. Hence the thread. But don't get me wrong, I meant opinions like yours, not you. And they maybe right. I just can't rule out the possibility/thought: What if the opposite opinions were right? (For example, what if Orangeblobman's opinions were right?) What if the front office members who visit this board only saw opinions like "Sign Lin then trade him", "Bench Lin", "Melo is not self-centered" and made inappropriate decisions?

    If those kind of opinions were indeed right, then OK, let the decision-makers see them. But what if they were wrong?

    Anyway, I'm glad most people agreed they should not visit this board. They'll make decisions and live with them.

    I know I might have said the most ridiculous thing if opinions like yours were right. But, anyway, no offense.

  10. #10
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I speak the truth without bias in all my posts, you just butt **** Lin and squirt the nut on Melo all day
    As your handle and your signature illustrate so clearly.

  11. #11
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    As your handle and your signature illustrate so clearly.
    He's my fav player but I get on him just like every other player I say Melo needs to get more athletic and become a stronger defender and better off the ball player and more vocal leader but I don't say **** like trade him we never gonna with ISO Melo because that's ignorant

    I've also had a Shumpert and Lin Sig so that's irrelevant

    Next in line please

  12. #12
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Don't think the FO should rely on KOL for trade ideas, but they definitely can use it to determine how the average fan feels about the organization.

  13. #13
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    No. I wouldn't even say this site gives an average fan's perspective to be honest.

  14. #14
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    He's my fav player but I get on him just like every other player I say Melo needs to get more athletic and become a stronger defender and better off the ball player and more vocal leader but I don't say **** like trade him we never gonna with ISO Melo because that's ignorant

    I've also had a Shumpert and Lin Sig so that's irrelevant

    Next in line please
    Nobody really is objective, as we are all limited by our perspective which in turn is determined by upbringing, previous experiences, age, cultural surroundings etc., Melo being your favourite player necessarily shapes your opinion of what the Knicks should do/look like.
    The fact that you are criticising him does not change that. As you are a fan, you are more inclined to believe that Melo will be able to carry out the improvements you pointed out, whereas my perspective --shaped by experiences obviously differing from yours-- lead me towards the conclusion that this is not likely to happen. The statement that you are more objective makes as much sense as saying that you are less dead than other posters. Nobody who is posting is dead. Equally, analysing a situation is always done from a particular point of view. Otherwise there would be nothing to argue about. If you are alive you are subjective. Our debates on here change that view for all the people involved as well as those only reading posts. This is called the hermeneutic circle (a spiral which is moving upwards by taking into consideration alternative aspects one after the other, allowing you (and everybody else) to understand better the more you take in. Your posts enrich my circle as orangeblob's enrich yours even if this only means you are more aware of the fact that people's opinions on Melo differ.
    The closest thing to objectivity we have got is that we mutually agree that we are not objective and that we make our presuppositions transparent.
    Please do not get into an objectivity debate with me.

  15. #15
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Nobody really is objective, as we are all limited by our perspective which in turn is determined by upbringing, previous experiences, age, cultural surroundings etc., Melo being your favourite player necessarily shapes your opinion of what the Knicks should do/look like.
    The fact that you are criticising him does not change that. As you are a fan, you are more inclined to believe that Melo will be able to carry out the improvements you pointed out, whereas my perspective --shaped by experiences obviously differing from yours-- lead me towards the conclusion that this is not likely to happen. The statement that you are more objective makes as much sense as saying that you are less dead than other posters. Nobody who is posting is dead. Equally, analysing a situation is always done from a particular point of view. Otherwise there would be nothing to argue about. If you are alive you are subjective. Our debates on here change that view for all the people involved as well as those only reading posts. This is called the hermeneutic circle (a spiral which is moving upwards by taking into consideration alternative aspects one after the other, allowing you (and everybody else) to understand better the more you take in. Your posts enrich my circle as orangeblob's enrich yours even if this only means you are more aware of the fact that people's opinions on Melo differ.
    The closest thing to objectivity we have got is that we mutually agree that we are not objective and that we make our presuppositions transparent.
    Please do not get into an objectivity debate with me.
    I agree but to call me biased is unnecessary I'm a believer in Melo only because I've followed him since his senior year in HS as far as Lin I'm skeptical as to what he will become I see a lot of Tony Parker in his game not necessarily a franchise PG but a great one who with the right pieces around him can be a major threat and potential all star as far as building around him I'm not so sure

    I want the best for the Knicks which means being patient and lettin our team come together

    When I say I'd do Curry for Lin Im not saying I want it done or it should be done but that I'd do it if presented to me that's it

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks @ Houston Wed Jan 19
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2011, 16:15
  2. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 19:22
  3. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 17:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •