Should the Knicks front office members visit KO?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I wonder if you guys think the Knicks front office should visit this board as often as possible, or not at all?

The point is, although I've seen so many valuable posts here, there also are a lot of posts here with point of views that can't be proven.

On one hand, I wish what we fans think could be heard by them, on the other hand, I don't want them to be influenced by inappropriate posts. (I know maybe my posts here would be considered inappropriate.) But that's why I have this question.

Do you guys think they should visit and see those valuable posts, or you think they shouldn't, so they wouldn't be "contaminated"??

Just curious!

ps. (Sorry if this topic has already existed somewhere else on the board. I did search and did not find any related thread to this topic.)

The front office? No, absolutely not. Fans can't build a team - fact.

James Dolan? Yes, absolutely! He should visit the internet to know that we fans want his filthy ass out for a loooong time!!!

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
For the most part, no.

I do, however, think they should read and bookmark all orangeblobman posts and threads.

ha ha! :)

That's not a bad idea.
However, Sprewell-Houston's got a good point too: Fans can't build a team.
I read your posts!

Sprewell-Houston said:
The front office? No, absolutely not. Fans can't build a team - fact.
James Dolan? Yes, absolutely! He should visit the internet to know that we fans want his filthy ass out for a loooong time!!!

Yes. But Dolan will also see "ridiculous stuff" here and make more wrong decisions. :)

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Right. Imagine you are Dolan, Grunwald or Woodson. Would you really be bothered to go online to read fan forums? :boohoo:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Right. Imagine you are Dolan, Grunwald or Woodson. Would you really be bothered to go online to read fan forums? :boohoo:

Why not? They're humans, too.

And it's not difficult to hop on a website and read some things.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fat Jimmy is on the forums all day.

CA7 said:
you are by far the worst and most biased poster on here so NO they should not

Rub that **** on your chest, CA7.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I speak the truth without bias in all my posts, you just butt **** Lin and squirt the nut on Melo all day

Despite his (Orangeblobman's) and your selection of words sometimes, which I kind of think are 100% OK, exciting and are important ingredients of KO, I respect both of your opinions. (People who know more tend to speak louder.)

But forgive me for being honest that I'm actually afraid that the front office members will see some posts regarding Lin and Melo like yours. Becasue I'm not sure if they were 100% acurate. But I perfectly understand that I might be the one who's biased. Hence the thread. But don't get me wrong, I meant opinions like yours, not you. And they maybe right. I just can't rule out the possibility/thought: What if the opposite opinions were right? (For example, what if Orangeblobman's opinions were right?) What if the front office members who visit this board only saw opinions like "Sign Lin then trade him", "Bench Lin", "Melo is not self-centered" and made inappropriate decisions?

If those kind of opinions were indeed right, then OK, let the decision-makers see them. But what if they were wrong?

Anyway, I'm glad most people agreed they should not visit this board. They'll make decisions and live with them.

I know I might have said the most ridiculous thing if opinions like yours were right. But, anyway, no offense.

CA7

Scoring Champ
As your handle and your signature illustrate so clearly.

He's my fav player but I get on him just like every other player I say Melo needs to get more athletic and become a stronger defender and better off the ball player and more vocal leader but I don't say **** like trade him we never gonna with ISO Melo because that's ignorant

I've also had a Shumpert and Lin Sig so that's irrelevant

Next in line please

nyk_nyk

All Star
Don't think the FO should rely on KOL for trade ideas, but they definitely can use it to determine how the average fan feels about the organization.

pat

Starter
He's my fav player but I get on him just like every other player I say Melo needs to get more athletic and become a stronger defender and better off the ball player and more vocal leader but I don't say **** like trade him we never gonna with ISO Melo because that's ignorant

I've also had a Shumpert and Lin Sig so that's irrelevant

Next in line please

Nobody really is objective, as we are all limited by our perspective which in turn is determined by upbringing, previous experiences, age, cultural surroundings etc., Melo being your favourite player necessarily shapes your opinion of what the Knicks should do/look like.
The fact that you are criticising him does not change that. As you are a fan, you are more inclined to believe that Melo will be able to carry out the improvements you pointed out, whereas my perspective --shaped by experiences obviously differing from yours-- lead me towards the conclusion that this is not likely to happen. The statement that you are more objective makes as much sense as saying that you are less dead than other posters. Nobody who is posting is dead. Equally, analysing a situation is always done from a particular point of view. Otherwise there would be nothing to argue about. If you are alive you are subjective. Our debates on here change that view for all the people involved as well as those only reading posts. This is called the hermeneutic circle (a spiral which is moving upwards by taking into consideration alternative aspects one after the other, allowing you (and everybody else) to understand better the more you take in. Your posts enrich my circle as orangeblob's enrich yours even if this only means you are more aware of the fact that people's opinions on Melo differ.
The closest thing to objectivity we have got is that we mutually agree that we are not objective and that we make our presuppositions transparent.
Please do not get into an objectivity debate with me.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Nobody really is objective, as we are all limited by our perspective which in turn is determined by upbringing, previous experiences, age, cultural surroundings etc., Melo being your favourite player necessarily shapes your opinion of what the Knicks should do/look like.
The fact that you are criticising him does not change that. As you are a fan, you are more inclined to believe that Melo will be able to carry out the improvements you pointed out, whereas my perspective --shaped by experiences obviously differing from yours-- lead me towards the conclusion that this is not likely to happen. The statement that you are more objective makes as much sense as saying that you are less dead than other posters. Nobody who is posting is dead. Equally, analysing a situation is always done from a particular point of view. Otherwise there would be nothing to argue about. If you are alive you are subjective. Our debates on here change that view for all the people involved as well as those only reading posts. This is called the hermeneutic circle (a spiral which is moving upwards by taking into consideration alternative aspects one after the other, allowing you (and everybody else) to understand better the more you take in. Your posts enrich my circle as orangeblob's enrich yours even if this only means you are more aware of the fact that people's opinions on Melo differ.
The closest thing to objectivity we have got is that we mutually agree that we are not objective and that we make our presuppositions transparent.
Please do not get into an objectivity debate with me.

I agree but to call me biased is unnecessary I'm a believer in Melo only because I've followed him since his senior year in HS as far as Lin I'm skeptical as to what he will become I see a lot of Tony Parker in his game not necessarily a franchise PG but a great one who with the right pieces around him can be a major threat and potential all star as far as building around him I'm not so sure

I want the best for the Knicks which means being patient and lettin our team come together

When I say I'd do Curry for Lin Im not saying I want it done or it should be done but that I'd do it if presented to me that's it

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Why not? They're humans, too.

And it's not difficult to hop on a website and read some things.

I know... but wouldn't you think they will be busy with other stuff like... making money (Dolan), negotiations, recruitment especially that July 1 is coming(Grunwald) and training, making players accountable, coaching (Woodson). In fact, I'd be turned off if they are lurking here instead of doing their jobs so that the Knicks would be in their best next season. Not to mention that they have families too.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
People in the front office and/or people heavily involved in the Hornets organization read the Hornets Report forums and take it seriously. Different organization/city, but forums are read by at least one organization.