Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should the Knicks front office members visit KO?

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Why not? They're humans, too.

And it's not difficult to hop on a website and read some things.
    I know... but wouldn't you think they will be busy with other stuff like... making money (Dolan), negotiations, recruitment especially that July 1 is coming(Grunwald) and training, making players accountable, coaching (Woodson). In fact, I'd be turned off if they are lurking here instead of doing their jobs so that the Knicks would be in their best next season. Not to mention that they have families too.

This thread is slowly turning into a Melo discussion. Let's clean it up fellas.

People in the front office and/or people heavily involved in the Hornets organization read the Hornets Report forums and take it seriously. Different organization/city, but forums are read by at least one organization.

LOL.. I can only imagine Dolan trolling around here...

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    LOL.. I can only imagine Dolan trolling around here...
    Orangeblobman is most likely to be Dolan

Which player is most likely to have an account on here I'd say Jorts

Veteran

What makes you think they (or the players) don't read the forums...and occasionally post on them? I doubt they would make themselves known thou...for various reasons.

Even if they made themselves known no one would believe then but it makes you wonder do they do things like play 2k and trade players they don't want to play with or something if I was an NBA player I'd be Im the gym all the time no guest appearances or partying unless its a teammates wedding

Is this a serious thread? hahahahhahah......The front office come to KO? Man some of you guys need some professional help.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Orangeblobman is most likely to be Dolan

Which player is most likely to have an account on here I'd say Jorts
    Dolan would not be bashing Carmelo Anthony.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    What makes you think they (or the players) don't read the forums...and occasionally post on them? I doubt they would make themselves known thou...for various reasons.
    If CA7 is really Melo, I want to tell you that you need to get in better shape this off-season and come in and drop buckets. I'll even be a fan if you come in and drop the buckets, top shape, you gotta dish the rock, you can't always force it over three guys. Some situations, just make the pass. I think your conditioning is the biggest problem.

Bottom line, you have to get serious and focus on basketball, not decorating your apartment. You have to be hungry for it.

It's about the team, that's the bottom line, play team ball and SACRIFICE For the team. That's the thing, you gotta sacrifice.

Conditioning and sacrifice, that's what you have to learn.

I think it would be cool if a player came out on national TV, at the halftime break, and said "oh I am this guy on knicksonline.com forum".

I don't see why that would be so crazy, it would be good. Better than twitter.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Even if they made themselves known no one would believe then but it makes you wonder do they do things like play 2k and trade players they don't want to play with or something if I was an NBA player I'd be Im the gym all the time no guest appearances or partying unless its a teammates wedding
    Wow, I'm touched when you say you'd be in the gym all the time. It's no doubt a very difficult thing to achieve. When you become an NBA player, you will probably be surrounded by a lot of hot chicks, models, beautiful girls. You talk, you drink, and you have fun. One thing leads to another. Jesus, who can resist that?

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I think it would be cool if a player came out on national TV, at the halftime break, and said "oh I am this guy on knicksonline.com forum".

I don't see why that would be so crazy, it would be good. Better than twitter.
    I would be shocked.
    And I think it will change the atmosphere here. (Or not?)

I'm sorry but anyone who really believes that if someone from our front office actually came on here and saw a post and would get swayed by it is seriously kidding them self LMAO!!!

Originally Posted by CA7
    I agree but to call me biased is unnecessary
    I agree to what you are saying about Lin, but everybody is biased. It's not a good or bad thing. It's inevitable. How did we get here?

The front office? I guess from my point of view they are listening to fans too much. Look at the teams which are most successful in building a contender: Among them you will find Indiana, OKC, the Spurs and the Clippers. While LA by no means is a small market, they are in the long shadow of the Lakers which is giving them some leeway. I guess it is about being allowed to go through a drought when you are having the feeling you are on the right track. In New York fans are demanding something all the time: Fire Isiah, fire D'Antoni, trade Marbury, trade Amare, trade Melo, sign-and-trade Lin. There is no continuity. When on faction has got the feeling we are on the right track (e.g. D'antoni, move the ball, offense is the best defense) the next faction isn't happy. When they are happy (e.g. defense first, get Melo to commit to a defensive effort, play iso-basketball) the other faction goes bonkers. In an ideal world, a team of a GM (in an ideal world Masai Ujiri), and a coaching staff would walk into Dolan's office and say "This is what we are going to do. Give us 10 years and with the amount of money we can spend here and still be profitable, we can make this franchise, the most profitable and victorious in the history of the game, but stay out of basketball operations and let's weather all the **** storms which are going to come."