Woodson To Sign Long Term This Week

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Terrible move. Woodson is a bum coach, we saw this in the playoffs. I can't believe we pushed D'Antoni out of town but will give Woodson an extension.

And we didn't even make a play at any big names.

Wargames

Starter
If they sign this guy to anything more than 3 years I will be pissed because it means they didn't learn anything from D'antoni.

Sage

Rotation player
2 years tops, in fact I'd be tempted to offer him one year to keep him on his toes.

I'm hopeful with a full offseason this team will be far better defensively, but I'm really worried about Woodson's offense philosophy.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
SMH...I guess Dolan really is happy with just making it to the playoffs...Woodson is a terrible Post season coach and a terrible offensive coach. I knew Jackson wasnt realistic but I was hoping, just praying, they had another plan up their sleeve...Anyone happy with this needs to stop being satisfied that we took a game from the Heat. WOW im pissed

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Sh1t can we at least give Woodson a full offseason and 82 games plus playoffs before we start bitching. Before you bring up the fact that he didn't get past the 2nd round in Atlanta, take a look at the roster he had to work with. It was complete trash, our roster is much better.

We were ridiculously struck down by injuries and everyone is downplaying that and we played the best team in the league. Surely some sense of stability and an improvement on defense will be welcoming?

The East will be weaker next year with the Bulls missing Rose for most of the year and Deng to be out for the first few months. The Magic will be reshuffling and the Heat may break up the big 3 if they don't win it all this year. Next year could be our year to strike and let's quit the bitching for once and get behind our coach.

He is miles in front of D'Antoni.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Won’t happen Shump. People are fickle as hell , I am sure I can pull comments of some of these people who were on Woodson's dick during the win streak. Continuity is the only way to win in sports.

A. Stop looking for the quick fix
B. Have faith in your coach / players
C. Stop thinking you know more than the people who are paid to do this for a living.

Have a nice day.

skisloper

Starter
what do we really care how long or how much.......Lets hope its 5 years for 30 million....If woodson wins great and if not then Dolan just loses money....

TakMan

Rotation player
Woodson worked wonders in Atlanta following what appeared to be a long-term plan to make the team ultra competitive. He didn't have the best of players, but he did get the best out of them. I don't mind him signing here for the next 3 years. As long as this team does not get dismantled, I believe we can go far in the next couple of years. We've had enough restructuring to last us a lifetime. Let the team develop some chemistry now.

Wargames

Starter
Sh1t can we at least give Woodson a full offseason and 82 games plus playoffs before we start bitching. Before you bring up the fact that he didn't get past the 2nd round in Atlanta, take a look at the roster he had to work with. It was complete trash, our roster is much better.

We were ridiculously struck down by injuries and everyone is downplaying that and we played the best team in the league. Surely some sense of stability and an improvement on defense will be welcoming?

The East will be weaker next year with the Bulls missing Rose for most of the year and Deng to be out for the first few months. The Magic will be reshuffling and the Heat may break up the big 3 if they don't win it all this year. Next year could be our year to strike and let's quit the bitching for once and get behind our coach.

Dude what you said about having faith would be great if the knicks had won more than 1 game in the playoffs in over decade. At this point the modus operandi of a Knicks fan should be to expect the worse and hope to be blindsided by the best (*Linsanity).

I am not even mad at them giving Woodson the job under the shroud of nepotism. But if they give him a contract that is longer than the 2015 season when the Knicks core breaks up then they have learned nothing at all from the "D'antoni Saga"

lol, dudes still mad we lost in the first round. It's even more comical that they don't even know why we lost. smh...

Anyway, it's good to see Woody get the shot he's obviously earned. Hopefully next year the roster will be healthy enough to go the distance. :crossfingers:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Woodson worked wonders in Atlanta following what appeared to be a long-term plan to make the team ultra competitive. He didn't have the best of players, but he did get the best out of them. I don't mind him signing here for the next 3 years. As long as this team does not get dismantled, I believe we can go far in the next couple of years. We've had enough restructuring to last us a lifetime. Let the team develop some chemistry now.

Amen to that. We've had enough roster/coaching changes, let's at least try to keep this team together and work with it.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
lol, dudes still mad we lost in the first round. It's even more comical that they don't even know why we lost. smh...

Anyway, it's good to see Woody get the shot he's obviously earned. Hopefully next year the roster will be healthy enough to go the distance. :crossfingers:

Im sorry..Youre right..without the injuries WE BEAT MIAMI!!! Get ****ing real dude. Shumpert would of made a slight difference on defense, but fact of the matter was wade burned him the two games he played him(once in regualr season). Lin? Lol. If stat didnt punch the extinguisher? Dont matter he still wouldnt rebound. Injuries get blamed all too much yes they were huge, but even with those guys we dont win or even make the series competetive. All im saying is Woodson does not teach championship basketball. His offense can not succeed in the playoffs. His playoff record is ****ing horrid. Hes a great defensive coach yes, but hes not the coach to get us past the east. God I pray im wrong, but I dont see anyway woodson just gets up and changes his offensive philosophy. I think after years of losing some of you are complacent with just making the playoffs just like the man you all bash, Dolan. You guys are happy that were hiring a guy who is going to be nothing more than a puppet for the guys upstairs.

Im sorry..Youre right..without the injuries WE BEAT MIAMI!!! Get ****ing real dude. Shumpert would of made a slight difference on defense, but fact of the matter was wade burned him the two games he played him(once in regualr season). Lin? Lol. If stat didnt punch the extinguisher? Dont matter he still wouldnt rebound. Injuries get blamed all too much yes they were huge, but even with those guys we dont win or even make the series competetive. All im saying is Woodson does not teach championship basketball. His offense can not succeed in the playoffs. His playoff record is ****ing horrid. Hes a great defensive coach yes, but hes not the coach to get us past the east. God I pray im wrong, but I dont see anyway woodson just gets up and changes his offensive philosophy. I think after years of losing some of you are complacent with just making the playoffs just like the man you all bash, Dolan. You guys are happy that were hiring a guy who is going to be nothing more than a puppet for the guys upstairs.

I'm as real as can be giving the facts and circumstances. I nor anyone else here can say with accuracy how the first round would have gone if we were healthy enough. The facts remain that Lin, Shumpert, Stat, Davis, and Chandler were hurting in that series. If they came in just as healthy as the Heat, there's a very good chance we win. If you don't see that...well that's cool with me. I'm not in a position nor do I care to make you or anyone else see otherwise, especially when the potential is right in front of your face. I'm willing to continue to build off of that potential instead of gambling like we were known to do for the last decade. We will be fine if we stay the coarse. Now that Woody has gotten his shot I'm sure he'll prove a lot of people wrong, again.

petescud

Starter
I prefer SVG myself now that Orlando axed him. Woodson is decent but not a Van Gundy. Oh well, as long as Dolan owns the Knicks, we'll have to just hold our breath

Hayato

Benchwarmer

doesnt mean we should give him a 2 or 3+ year extension

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Woodson has done a pretty good job improving the Knicks defensively. Why don't some of you guys like this move?

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Woodson has done a pretty good job improving the Knicks defensively. Why don't some of you guys like this move?

He's not a coach that will take you to the next level. The only other guy with a worse playoffs record than Melo is Woodson. Together, they will flounder like fish in the first round for the next 3 years. Then a rebuild, then maybe we go for the big name again in someone like Blake Griffin who may be weak by then.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
He's not a coach that will take you to the next level. The only other guy with a worse playoffs record than Melo is Woodson. Together, they will flounder like fish in the first round for the next 3 years. Then a rebuild, then maybe we go for the big name again in someone like Blake Griffin who may be weak by then.

Hmm that's true. Well other than Woodson, I see Stan Van coming here. I think he's a nice fit. I think the players would respect him enough he'll do a pretty good job with them

Yeah and I did take a peep at Woodson PO record. Pretty bad.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Woodson might be miles ahead of MDA, but he is still miles behind Jackson or Sloan. They showed some interest but Dolan wants no part of them.

The biggest reasons are:
1. His golden boy, Melo, plays happily under Woodson.
2. Mike how-high Woodson fits perfectly to Dolan's tight lip policy with the media and Dolan can easily extent his power of influence into coaching.

Lets face it, the probability of winning a championship with Woody is slim and none. He will get the Knicks into the playoffs but that is it! He doesnt have the championship blueprint nor the wits to outcoach some of the tops in the league.

Look at what happened to the Kobe! Lakers played the extact type of iso offense as Knicks, except Lakers iso'ed the crucial the 4th and Knicks iso'ed the whole game. It absolutely killed the ball movement and took other players out of the game too! Half court set ISO offense will not win any championships!

I guess Dolan and some fans are perfectly content in getting into the playoffs, while others like me,

I want a Championship, and anything less is NOT acceptable!