Team Roles

CA7

Scoring Champ
I was going through our roster and well most NBA teams and looking to see what we were missing and who we can get to fill these voids

Star Player/Go To Guy- Carmelo Anthony

#2 Option- Amar'e Stoudemire

Point Guard- Jeremy Lin

Defensive Presence Inside- Tyson Chandler

Perimeter Defender/Solid Shooter(2/3)- Iman Shumpert

Instant Offense/2nd Unit Go to guy- JR Smith- If JR opts out, Leandro Barbosa or OJ Mayo(sign and trade)

Knock Down Shooter- Steve Novak

Perimeter Defender/Shooter off bench- ?Landry Fields?- If he can work on his jumper and improve his lateral foot movement he can be that. Miami has Shane Battier as that. If Fields doesn't work out other options- Deshawn Stevenson, Dahntay Jones, Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams and Mickael Pietrus are options

Back Up Point Guard(defends, shoots and passes well)- ?Kirk Hinrich?- A Woodson guy, free agent this year, he does all those things well and can also play the 2 meaning having him and Lin on the court at the same time will help with ball movement. If we can get Hinrich I'd like- Delonte West or Beno Udrih(if he opts out)

Energy Big(charges, rebounds, put backs and runs the floor. Depends 2-3 positions and moves well without the ball)- If Jared Jeffries was a better finisher around the rim I'd love him back but we need someone who isn't an offensive liability. When him and Novak are on the court together it seems like we're playing 4 on 5 on both ends. Guys I'd look to get are Jason Maxiell(if he opts out), Jordan Hill(unlikely), Carl Landry and Jeremy Evans

So essentially the Knicks are in good position. We have a great starting 5 but a bench where we have too many guys who aren't end to end players. We need every starter to work together on offense and play hard on defense and for the bench guys to come in and fill the voids left by the starters.

Potential Roster

C- Tyson Chandler
F- Amar'e Stoudemire
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Iman Shumpert
G- Jeremy Lin
6- JR Smith/Leandro Barbosa/OJ Mayo- my choice JR Smith
7- Kirk Hinrich/Delonte West/Beno Udrih- my choice Kirk Hinrich
8- Jordan Hill/Jason Maxiell/Jared Jeffries/Jeremy Evans- my choice Jordan Hill
9- Landry Fields/Deshawn Stevenson/Mickael Pietrus/Shannon Brown/Courtney Lee/Terrence Williams- my choice Terrence Williams
10- Steve Novak
11- Josh Harrellson
12- Jerome Jordan
13- 2nd Round Pick- Point Guard or Athletic 3(shoot and defend)

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I like the thought but how do we do a SnT for OJ? Who would we offer , I don't think TDoug gets it the deal done.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Toney, Jerome and Landry for OJ they get depth we get a guy who scored 18ppg his 1st 2 years in the league

Mayo would be perfect in the starting lineup. I can see the Grizz taking that trade

SG rotation of Mayo-Shumpert would be CRAZY!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Toney, Jerome and Landry for OJ they get depth we get a guy who scored 18ppg his 1st 2 years in the league

Toney, Jerome and Landry is essentially Landry (can't shoot) for OJ.

Verdict: Grizz laugh and hang up the phone.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
They are trying to avoid the luxury tax they need depth at cheap prices.

If by depth you mean junk then I fully agree with that statement. Only one they even consider is Jerome Jordan who has a bit of upside as a centre but will need to be developed for years before seeing the benefits.

Besides OJ Mayo will likely get a large offer from Boston.

metrocard

Legend
How do you expect to be elite with Carmelo as your star player?

Mediocrity, 8th seed and 1st round exist is really the best we'll ever do.

We need real star power like Dwight Howard or Deron Williams.

CA7

Scoring Champ

Don't start with me on this subject Melo is our #1 guy whether you like or not

fender0577

Rotation player

It's funny how, everyone was ready to give LBJ a pass, as soon as bosh goes down, but Melo lost STAT, LIN, SHUMP, and TC had the flu, but people like you still, make post like this, give them a year together, healthy and see what happens.

Don't start with me on this subject Melo is our #1 guy whether you like or not
:agreed::agreed::agreed::peace:

Paul1355

All Star
I still dont see fields fitting on this team, if he cant hit a jump shot which hirts floor spacing then he is useless and is not a complimentary player to lin, melo, and amare