Tyson Chandler Named to SECOND team ALL-DEFENSE

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
lol at this. Its a total joke, seriously. I have never heard of the DPoY being named to the second all NBA team. If anything DH12 should be on the second team. Tyson is probably livid.

Kobe being on it is an absolute joke, just disgusting that he keeps getting these all defensive team nba awards when he hasnt deserved them the past 2 years SMFH. Now when some kid looks back and see's Kobe has as many all nba defensive teams as Jordan they're going to think he was his equal on the defensive end which is complete BS. Also this stuff is based too much on stats,just because someone has alot of steals or blocks does not make them a great defender.

CA7

Scoring Champ
^^

Agreed in todays NBA numbers are so inflated that every award is based off of who has the best numbers.

Tyson was the best defender in the NBA this year evidence you ask, he won Defensive Player of the Year yet he was voted the 2nd Best Defensive Center

tiger0330

Legend
Probably wouldn't have happened if the same people voted for both awards. My guess is the players and coaches vote for the all D teams and the writers vote for DPOY.

tiger0330

Legend
Just looked it up the dpoy award is voted on by 121 writers and broadcasters. The all d team is voted on by the 30 coaches.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Just looked it up the dpoy award is voted on by 121 writers and broadcasters. The all d team is voted on by the 30 coaches.

so 30 coaching oversaw the fact that Tyson was the DPoY? So they go on and vote Dwight on the first team?

are the coaches trolling or what?

KBlack25

Starter
I thought about caring about this.

Then I realized it's a totally meaningless distinction. By the end of the week, we ill have forgotten about it.

Sage

Rotation player
Well Dwight Howard was the most defensive player of the year, with all his whinging about leaving unless they sacked Van Gundy, I'm not surprsed he made first team.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
This is a scam big time lol. Kobe Bryant should not be on the team; Iggy and Corey Brewer play better on D!

I would have loved to see a lineup of Corey ( Lebron ), Shump (Dwade ), and Tyson ( Bosh) against Miami. I know he can't stop LBJ but he gives him a hard time.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I miss Corey Brewer and he never even got in a game for us, perfect back up for Melo, long great defender, fast good team guy but NO D'Antoni ****ed that up

Sage

Rotation player
This is a scam big time lol. Kobe Bryant should not be on the team; Iggy and Corey Brewer play better on D!

I would have loved to see a lineup of Corey ( Lebron ), Shump (Dwade ), and Tyson ( Bosh) against Miami. I know he can't stop LBJ but he gives him a hard time.

Kobe made it last year too and he shouldn't have. It's just a popularity contest really.