Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lin may not re-sign with the Knicks

If I were Lin, I would get out of Knicks. You are a star, but you are going up against TWO 100,000,000 dollar men. Neither one of them really want you there. The coach is going to back them. It's not a good look for a guy who needs his own space.

I heard rumours he may go to Brooklyn Nets. However, I would most certainly not choose the Nets. That is a loser team. If I were you, I would tell my agent to shop my services to aging contenders. Mavericks or Los Angeles. San Antonio is out because you'd never see time behind Tony Parker. But those other three are good looks. (Scratch Dallas if they succeed in getting D-Will, though.)
    Last edited by InGodsHands; May 24, 2012 at 14:32.

Superstar

If he goes he goes. It's his choice. End of the day I don't fancy having players on the team who don't want to be there. If he wants to go then that's fine. Management will have to bring in Steve Nash and a decent backup. I'm more than pleased with a lineup of Nash/Shumpert/Anthony/Stoudamire/Chandler. Lin may make it big time and he may not, but I'm not going to stress over the decision of a player who was only made relevant because of the Knicks. Whatever choice he makes will be the right one for him and the team.

Why are we calling Lin a star he's played 2 months in a number inflating system

Melo and STAT are both better than Lin so please stop with the bull ****

Also Lin doesn't have the right nor the privilege to get big headed after 8 weeks on controlling the ball the entire game and having every Asian in New York scream his name he's gotta earn it just like everyone else has

Originally Posted by CA7
    Lin/STAT for Bynum/MWP

Tyson for Josh Smith

Sign Hinrich

Hinrich/Shumpert/Anthony/Smith/Bynum

Just did that in NBA 2K12

Originally Posted by CA7
    Lin/STAT for Bynum/MWP

Tyson for Josh Smith

Sign Hinrich

Hinrich/Shumpert/Anthony/Smith/Bynum

Just did that in NBA 2K12
    The Lakers will never in a million years trade Bynum for Amare.......and Lin.
    The only player the Lakers will trade Drew for is Dwight. The Lakers would laugh hysterically at that offer.

Veteran

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    The Lakers will never in a million years trade Bynum for Amare.......and Lin.
    The only player the Lakers will trade Drew for is Dwight. The Lakers would laugh hysterically at that offer.
    I agree, they traded Pau already and I don't think he'll be a Laker next season. Stat/Lin for Pau/Blake or Sessions they might do though.

If Lin bolts we need to go after

Eric Bledsoe
    Kyle Lowry
    DJ Augustine

all could be available

I seen a Bledsoe for Fields swap mocked online if we dont wanna get capped trying to keep Lin

I really don't see why we should go out of our way to be the highest offer for him. If he would rather choose a place like say Toronto because they can offer him twice the amount of money to be the fan horde over there.. by all means let him go because if thats the case evidently he doesn't want New York as much as New York wants him. They could draft Scott Machado who's arguably the best passer in this years draft and would help them out financially. Here are his numbers from last year 23.48 PER—13.6 PPG—9.9 APG—4.9 RPG—1.6 SPG—49.5% FG

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I agree, they traded Pau already and I don't think he'll be a Laker next season. Stat/Lin for Pau/Blake or Sessions they might do though.
    No one is touching Amare. Let's be honest. Why would the Lakers do that? He's due 60 million dollars over the next 3 years. The lakers wanna get under the cap plus his back his busted. Looking at how he meshed with Melo or lack there of, how in the world would he mesh with Kobe, a melo type player but 100x better?

I heard Broussard say that the Knicks brought an offer up to GS regarding Amare and GS laughed and didn't even look at it.

After this horrid season from amare, his value went down, like a lot. But I won't totally write off a team trading for Amate bc we still have stupid GMs like Kahn out there

Regarding Sessions, I think the Knicks should have tried to get him at the dead line. I always thought he was a nice fit here. Blake, I would not even trade for him. It's pick your position with him or Bibby.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    No one is touching Amare. Let's be honest. Why would the Lakers do that? He's due 60 million dollars over the next 3 years. The lakers wanna get under the cap plus his back his busted. Looking at how he meshed with Melo or lack there of, how in the world would he mesh with Kobe, a melo type player but 100x better?

I heard Broussard say that the Knicks brought an offer up to GS regarding Amare and GS laughed and didn't even look at it.

After this horrid season from amare, his value went down, like a lot. But I won't totally write off a team trading for Amare bc we still have stupid GMs like Kahn out there
    Regarding sessions, I feel the Knicks should have tried to get him at the dead line. I always thought he would be a nice fit here. And blake, I wouldn't even trade for him. It's pick your poison with him and Bibby.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Why are we calling Lin a star he's played 2 months in a number inflating system

Melo and STAT are both better than Lin so please stop with the bull ****

Also Lin doesn't have the right nor the privilege to get big headed after 8 weeks on controlling the ball the entire game and having every Asian in New York scream his name he's gotta earn it just like everyone else has
    LOL. You really hate Lin with a passion. You don't have to say it but it shows.

Anyway, Lin will be ok no matter where he goes. There will be upsides to him when he leaves. Many do not want him in NY anyway and many of his fans say that staying would actually hinder his growth.

Superstar

Originally Posted by LV&C
    LOL. You really hate Lin with a passion. You don't have to say it but it shows.

Anyway, Lin will be ok no matter where he goes. There will be upsides to him when he leaves. Many do not want him in NY anyway and many of his fans say that staying would actually hinder his growth.
    Dude, i don't think he hates LIN, i think he hates all the crap that comes with LIN, all the fake fans, that came out of no where, saying lin is the greatest thing since sliced bread, etc., you know i had some one on this board tell me, they haven't watched the NBA since Jordan, but Lin made them start watching the game again, and he was actually trying to school me, about the game, that he hasn't seen in 10 years, LMAO.So we have all these great young stars in the league, and you came back because of Jeremy Lin?So i understand why CA7, would get a little beside him self, when he see's threads like trade, STAT and MELO, and build around Lin, is he a good player?Potentially, i say that because, he only played 3 weeks of good basketball, but i'm not building around a guy, who's played 3 weeks of good basketball.It's like if you don't love lin, you hate him, I'm in the middle, i like the kid, but lets try to develope him and see what we have, before building around him.

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Dude, i don't think he hates LIN, i think he hates all the crap that comes with LIN, all the fake fans, that came out of no where, saying lin is the greatest thing since sliced bread, etc., you know i had some one on this board tell me, they haven't watched the NBA since Jordan, but Lin made them start watching the game again, and he was actually trying to school me, about the game, that he hasn't seen in 10 years, LMAO.So we have all these great young stars in the league, and you came back because of Jeremy Lin?So i understand why CA7, would get a little beside him self, when he see's threads like trade, STAT and MELO, and build around Lin, is he a good player?Potentially, i say that because, he only played 3 weeks of good basketball, but i'm not building around a guy, who's played 3 weeks of good basketball.It's like if you don't love lin, you hate him, I'm in the middle, i like the kid, but lets try to develope him and see what we have, before building around him.
    Yes, everything you said is so obvious...

I really like Lin but much of the stuff people are saying about him is insane and only shows they know very little about the game. Lin himself wouldn't agree to a lot of the nonsense being said about him.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    All I'm saying is, if on every post you have to say the same thing again and again about a player, then you clearly have an issue with that player. Dude, we are all fans here. Who are we to judge on other fans? My word, do we even have to compete on what a fan is?

No one need worry about Lin choosing another team, the max he can be offered is equal to the MLE and he is a restricted free agent, if the Knicks want him they will have him.