Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Lin may not re-sign with the Knicks

  1. #31
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I love Lin. I think he will be wasted on this Knicks team.

    I pray that he will find some way to leave this team.

    Playing with Melo and JR is detrimental to Lin's career. He needs to be set free to roam the hardwoods, dish the rocks; Lin needs to play BASKETBALL, not MELOBALL.

  2. #32
    Newbie Bharan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Jeremy Lin brings in to much revenue to the New York Knicks franchise for James Dolan to let him go.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I love Lin. I think he will be wasted on this Knicks team.

    I pray that he will find some way to leave this team.

    Playing with Melo and JR is detrimental to Lin's career. He needs to be set free to roam the hardwoods, dish the rocks; Lin needs to play BASKETBALL, not MELOBALL.
    Are you a Jeremy Lin fan or a Knicks fan?

  4. #34
    Member Nyknicks141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bay Ridge, Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYNYK
    Are you a Jeremy Lin fan or a Knicks fan?
    He's an obvious troll.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    LA Lakers just offered him a contract. Knicks might not be able to match that contract. It makes a lot of sense since so many Chinese live in LA.

  6. #36
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by fakeknicksfan
    LA Lakers just offered him a contract. Knicks might not be able to match that contract. It makes a lot of sense since so many Chinese live in LA.
    Free Agency begins on July 1st. So teams can't even start negotiating with player's agents yet, unless they want to be accused of Tampering. With the exception of certain types of contracts like qualifying offers and rookie scales, you're not going to be allowed to sign a free agent until the July Moratorium expires (July 10th this year) after the off-season's audits and salary caps are set. I see nothing in the news about the Lakers having "just offered offered him a contract." Besides, there are lots of places with huge local asian-american populations that could benefit from Linsanity, not just LA. Toronto is another example with a large local ethnic chinese population, and I'm sure there may be others. And it's not like you have to be asian-american to like Linsanity, any more than you have to be black to vote for Barack Obama, or white to like the Scarlett Johannson. As a matter of fact, didn't they release a Nielson study that showed Jeremy Lin had the highest likability and marketability out of all the NBA players with mainstream America?

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,910
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerlocker
    Free Agency begins on July 1st. So teams can't even start negotiating with player's agents yet, unless they want to be accused of Tampering. With the exception of certain types of contracts like qualifying offers and rookie scales, you're not going to be allowed to sign a free agent until the July Moratorium expires (July 10th this year) after the off-season's audits and salary caps are set. I see nothing in the news about the Lakers having "just offered offered him a contract." Besides, there are lots of places with huge local asian-american populations that could benefit from Linsanity, not just LA. Toronto is another example with a large local ethnic chinese population, and I'm sure there may be others. And it's not like you have to be asian-american to like Linsanity, any more than you have to be black to vote for Barack Obama, or white to like the Scarlett Johannson. As a matter of fact, didn't they release a Nielson study that showed Jeremy Lin had the highest likability and marketability out of all the NBA players with mainstream America?
    Good info. Pretty sure Fake was trolling with that Laker offer for Lin.

  8. #38
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Article on Lin re-signing with the Knicks. His agent is cautious and you can bet Lin is going to go to the highest bidder, the Knicks will have to match. Lot of factors involved in re-signing him, one being a team under the cap can offer him more than $5M in year 3/4 and keep their MLE. If the Knicks are over the cap in year 3/4 they lose their MLE.


    Jeremy Lin's agent says there's no guarantee Lin will stay with the Knicks. Would it be a good idea for him to move?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    "I don't expect that. We're not anticipating that's going to happen. We don't have assurances of anything," Lin's agent, Roger Montgomery, said in an interview with the New York Post. "I know history shows most restricted free agents go back to their team, but I'm not going to assume anything. We're waiting to see what happens."
    Knicks coach Mike Woodson said earlier this month that Lin will "absolutely" be back with the Knicks next season. But Lin, speaking the day after the Knicks' season-ending loss to Miami in the playoffs, said "nothing is set in stone" regarding his free agency.
    "There's always going to be uncertainty until the final contract is signed, so definitely nothing is set in stone," Lin said. "Nothing's set in stone until it's really written."
    Thanks to a clause in the CBA -- named after [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] -- the Knicks can match any offer made to Lin this summer.
    Another factor in Lin's free agency is the expected arbitration hearing over the Bird and Early Bird exceptions to the salary cap for waived players.
    The union and league are at odds over whether the Bird rights for waived players should be transferred to their new teams. The union says the rights, which allow teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign players, should transfer for players who are waived. The league argues that the Bird rights should not transfer.

    Knicks Blog

    Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    This is significant for Lin because he was picked up off of waivers by the Knicks. If the arbitrator rules in favor of the union, then the Knicks would be allowed to exceed the cap to sign both Lin and forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who also was acquired off of waivers.
    This would also allow the Knicks to use their $5 million mid-level exception on another player. If the arbitrator rules in favor of the league, the Knicks will likely have to use their mid-level exception to re-sign Lin and would be limited in their pursuit of other free agents.
    Lin emerged from the end of the Knicks' bench in early February to lead the team to seven straight wins, essentially saving New York's season. In addition, he provided a significant financial boon for the Knicks in merchandising sales and marketing opportunities. These intangibles are why many believe Lin is a lock to re-sign.
    But there is yet another wrinkle to consider: Teams under the salary cap can offer Lin more than $5 million per season in the third and fourth years of a contract offer, as long as the average annual value of the deal does not exceed the salary cap.
    If the Knicks were to match such a back-loaded offer, it may put them above the luxury tax in the third and fourth years of Lin's contract and prohibit them from using their mid-level exception.
    Lin underwent surgery April 2 to repair a small tear in the meniscus of his left knee. He tried to return during the first round of the Knicks' playoff series against the Heat but was unable to do so.
    Montgomery told the New York Post that Lin is "doing well" but is not 100 percent healthy.
    there is a 75% chance Lin resigns because we can always just give him mid level for a few years and tell him he will be resigned for more money when certain contract like Amare's expires.

    The only worry are teams like Toronto who can offer Lin mid level money for first few years and then bump it up to as high as they want for the last 2 years so an example would be like year 1:5 mil...year 2: 5 mil....year 3: 12 mil...year 4: 14 mil.....Lin might take something like that but I think he feels obligated to come back to the team that gave him a chance and made him special.

    Goran Dragic had a breakout year and a year with similar numbers to Lin and no one really knew about him, of course Dragic has been in the league behind Nash and Lin was a d leager but Lin knows his fame is from the New York media.

    Lin will resign, he loves the team too much, the city too much, his teammates and he knows Woodson is a legit coach. He can be the starting PG in the biggest media market in the country. Toronto or not, he will make so much money from endorsements.

  9. #39
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by fakeknicksfan
    LA Lakers just offered him a contract. Knicks might not be able to match that contract. It makes a lot of sense since so many Chinese live in LA.
    Actually it's San Francisco that has the large Chinese population (over 20% of the total population are of Chinese descent). Chinese people only make up less than 2% of LA's total population (~67K in total). New York City has a much larger Chinese population, just about 6%, or just under 500K people in total. & Yes, I googled this information.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks will Keep Billups. Option picked up.
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 14:23
  2. Knicks meet Amare, important info
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2010, 18:18
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2009, 21:23
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 17:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •