Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KNICKS #1 on Lamar Odom's List

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What's next for Lamar Odom?

There's no easy answer there.

The Mavs will attempt to trade Odom before June 29. Any team that has Odom on its roster by that date will be responsible for paying him the $2.4 million in guaranteed money he's owed next year.

If Dallas can't get rid of Odom in a trade, it will likely waive him and be responsible for paying Odom his guaranteed money. That's something Dallas would obviously rather avoid.

If the Mavericks are forced to waive Odom, he would become a free agent. In that scenario, the Queens native would likely be looking at a significant pay cut from the $8.2 he was scheduled to make this season.

Would he be interested in coming to New York at a discounted rate?

A source with knowledge of Odom's thinking says yes. The source says the Knicks would be "on the top of his list" if Odom became a free agent.

"Lamar is big on being comfortable," the source said. "And New York is somewhere he can be comfortable."

It makes sense that Odom would be open to a return to New York.

His versatility -- interior scoring and rebounding in particular -- would be of great value in the Knicks' second unit. He proved in Los Angeles that he can thrive off the bench in a supporting role on a team with stars in its starting five. Odom helped the Lakers win two titles in that role.

Of course, there's a risk involved with bringing Odom in -- even at the veteran's minimum or mini mid-level.

Odom had a rocky season in Dallas after being traded by the Lakers. The Mavs kept him on the inactive list for the final 16 games of the regular season in an effort to sever ties while retaining the ability to trade him.

Though Odom's stint in Dallas was heavy on drama, it was light on production. He averaged career lows of 6.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 20.5 minutes.

The source close to Odom says that he's eager to put the experience past him. He has started offseason workouts already, with eyes on an Olympic roster spot and with the motivation to prove that he's a better player than the one who struggled through last season.

"It definitely won't be the fiasco that it was last year," the Odom source said of the 13-year veteran's approach to 2012-13. "He wants to find a place where he can end his career, and New York is ideal. He's won championships in the past and he wants to win another. And to do it there would be great."

Any thoughts??? would you make a move to get him??
    If we can get Odom with say Shawn marion and trade Amare, I would do it

or if Odom signs with us for the vet minimum, he will still get his guaranteed 2.5 mil so he basically getting the mini mid level if he signs with us as a FA.

We'll see but I would def go for him. We need passers and Lin is the only legit passer on this team so bringing Odom not only gives us a 2nd man to run the floor but a back up PF for Amare.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    If we can get Odom with say Shawn marion and trade Amare, I would do it

or if Odom signs with us for the vet minimum, he will still get his guaranteed 2.5 mil so he basically getting the mini mid level if he signs with us as a FA.

We'll see but I would def go for him. We need passers and Lin is the only legit passer on this team so bringing Odom not only gives us a 2nd man to run the floor but a back up PF for Amare.
    I agree with the last statement. We don't have any creative passers on the team and Odom is one of the best interior passing big men in the league. He can help with our frontcourt spacing problem for sure.

I wouldn't trade Amar'e for Marion and Odom though. I'd rather wait and hope that he gets waived and trade Amar'e for Gasol straight up for a 7ft PF/C combination........... Or we can just keep Amar'e and develop what we have. Lol. So many possibilities.

Do I like the way he acted in Dallas? No, but the guy really did not want to play there. I'm pretty sure that trade put him away from his home and support network. I would be unhappy too. He should've been more professional and given it his all though, no question. He really is like Melo, in that if things aren't going his way he will pout and cry like a child who needsa nap. If he came here and was a malcontent it could really affect the chemistry of the team.

That said, Odom can help..

He's a facillitator, who can rebound and stretch the floor with his shooting. He could really help solidify our bench.

I would much MUCH rather watch him than JR.

vet min, minus Kardashian = Odom @ NYK